Sal and Jay

August 2008 AOS Filers

2,675 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
Johnnie is the man! Still no updates or touches here though... EAD was last touched 4th September! RFE was received october 2nd for I-485!

You'll probably be approved this week. I went apple picking today with my wife...we had a nice time. :thumbs:

God Bless ya'll!

I miss the northeast and the beautiful fall. I'm from Boston, lived there for a long time, then moved to FL with my husband, and now we are in San Diego, CA for his work (temporarily). We were supposed to come back home this week, but I guess it is not going to happen yet.

I love NY and NJ! Would always drive there with my girl friends (when I was single). :)

I was actually thinking about apple picking. That must be fun.. Never got to do that. Now it is the season too, huh?

Are you guys making some apple cider? B)

Thanks GFL,

We had alot of fun, though we had a fight getting there cause the stupid GPS froze.... :wacko:

Season begins late August and usually ends end of Oct. Depends on the apple type. I actually LOVE FL and my wife and I have spoken various times about moving down south. I hate the cold and so does she.

I'm actually making a Crazy Crust Apple Pie later on...since I'm a cook. I put my expertise at work..

How is CA? nice???

Take care.

Don't let the choices chose you, chose the choices that you want.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

Rich it about 45 mins South West from where I live. It's in a town called Gillete, it's pretty easy getting there.

You take the Parkway till you hit 78 West then till exit 33 and from then on it's just crusing through the towns. Towns down there have some HUGE houses, it's really peaceful.

It's 3 bucks per person to get on the tractor, which takes you to the apple orchards and from then on just grab what you like: they give you a bucket. And you pay for what you take in LBS.

Pretty nice farm...

Take care bro..

Ps. Don't know why my post came out double... :angry:

Timeline

Got my EAD Card just now!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Now to get my DL (I've been driving with my Chilean license since I got here :devil: ) but first get my SSN.

A quote for all of you this morning:

" Do not forget that true love sets no conditions; it does not calculate or complain, but simply loves."

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Now to get my DL (I've been driving with my Chilean license since I got here :devil: ) but first get my SSN.

" Do not forget that true love sets no conditions; it does not calculate or complain, but simply loves."

COngratulations JJ :dance: :dance: :dance:

AOS -
08-08-08 - Filed AOS with EAD and AP
08-18-08 - NOA for EAD,AP and AOS
08-21-08 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter
09-09-08 - Biometrics Appointment 10am Kansas City
09-18-08 - I-485 transferred to CSC (got an email from USCIS)
10-07-08 - EAD Touched
10-19-08 - My birthday / Found out I am Pregnant!
10-22-08 - Grief, Pain, Sadness
11-06-08 - EAD card ordered; AP approved (USCIS website)
01-16-09 - AOS Touched
02-23-09 - Green Card (conditional) and welcome letter received in the mail
02-24-09 - Got the job in boyce and bynum lab

"When I bring my worries b4 d throne of Grace, I am at peace bcos I know my God is in full control"

My Website

Timeline

COngratulations JJ :dance: :dance: :dance:

Have added you as the AP average Mo :lol:

I'm still not bothering to check online... no nice surprises in the mail either -booo!!

Jeraly,

Can you see all your forms online?

I notice our timelines are very close.

I can only see my I-130 and I-765.

Nope - I still can't see anything online - it really sucks. Nothing in the mail either but then it was Columbus Day weekend so maybe I will hear something today... maybe no news is good news... I was expecting at least an RFE by now... if I get one after this wait I will be p1ssed :angry:

Jeraly....Looks like sashagrin also got approved for AP....though it was fun being "The AP Average" for a day

Ahh - but sashagrin isn't on the spreadsheet which means you are still our special AP Average :dance:

Johnnie is the man! Still no updates or touches here though... EAD was last touched 4th September! RFE was received october 2nd for I-485!

You'll probably be approved this week. I went apple picking today with my wife...we had a nice time. :thumbs:

God Bless ya'll!

I miss the northeast and the beautiful fall. I'm from Boston, lived there for a long time, then moved to FL with my husband, and now we are in San Diego, CA for his work (temporarily). We were supposed to come back home this week, but I guess it is not going to happen yet.

I love NY and NJ! Would always drive there with my girl friends (when I was single). :)

I was actually thinking about apple picking. That must be fun.. Never got to do that. Now it is the season too, huh?

Are you guys making some apple cider? B)

Thanks GFL,

We had alot of fun, though we had a fight getting there cause the stupid GPS froze.... :wacko:

Season begins late August and usually ends end of Oct. Depends on the apple type. I actually LOVE FL and my wife and I have spoken various times about moving down south. I hate the cold and so does she.

I'm actually making a Crazy Crust Apple Pie later on...since I'm a cook. I put my expertise at work..

How is CA? nice???

Haha - Palm Springs, CA is cooling down a bit - it is only 70 at the moment and I am feeling a little chilly :wacko: I wanted a swim but am thinking I will have to wait until the afternoon as it is too cold right now - how sad is that?! There is a breeze to go with it as well - maybe soon I will have to start wearing trousers... of course I can't fit into most of them because I have put on so much weight but...

The palm trees are still green, as are the bushes and the sky is blue... Autumn? What's that!?

And I hope that we get a recipe for that apple pie ;)

In other news, I went to do some laundry this morning (our machine is a communal one in the complex and is outside) and I found a praying mantis inside... I tried poking it to make it run away but it was having none of it. So now I have a big pile of laundry waiting to be done. :rolleyes:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

You'll get my recipe later on...I'm gonna clean the house and later on I'll go apply for my SSN.

Congrats Johnnie mate! How are you applying for your DL, what do you need? I know NJ is a tight state for giving it out.

"Love Will Find A Way <3"

05/29/2008 --- Entry into the US on Visa Waiver to visit my girlfriend for a summer holiday and to help take care of her sick father where needed.

06/20/2008 -- After the sad passing of my girlfriend's father, we decided to get married and stay together

08/08/2008 --- We get married, lovely ceremony and dinner with all of Sarah's family present :-)

08/25/2008 --- AOS package sent to Chicago via Fedex overnight priority mail. Fingers crossed now!

08/26/2008 -- AOS Package received in Chicago, signed for by A.Smith (1 day before my VWP expires!)

09/02/2008 -- Checks cashed!!

09/03/2008 -- NOA1 received for I-485, I-130 and I-765.

09/05/2008 -- Case is shown online as pending!!

09/08/2008 -- Biometrics appointment letter received for September 23rd!! (For both I-485 and I-765)

09/12/2008 -- Biometrics walk-in completed, 11 days before the appointment! In Hackensack NJ.

09/20/2008 -- RFE for I-485 received. It was dated September 17.

09/25/2008 -- RFE response evidence sent out to Lee's Summit by USPS, certified mail.

10/02/2008 -- RFE response evidence received and case processing resumed!

11/04/2008 -- EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED! Thank you Lord.

11/10/2008 -- EAD card received in the mail! wOOt wOOt!!!!

11/12/2008 -- SSN ordered from Hackensack, 2-4 weeks in mail!

11/28/2008 -- SSN Received in the mail, wOOt!!!!!!!!

12/7/2008 -- INTERVIEW LETTER RECEIVED!!! It's scheduled February 19, 2009 at 8:30am in Newark. *nerves*

2/19/2009 -- Interview 8:30am - Green Card verbally approved

2/23/2009 -- Welcome letter received! followed by I-130 approval notice!

Timeline
You'll get my recipe later on...I'm gonna clean the house and later on I'll go apply for my SSN.

Congrats Johnnie mate! How are you applying for your DL, what do you need? I know NJ is a tight state for giving it out.

I first have to get my SSN then with that I'll go take the exam. I have my Chilean and the International DL so that means my license is already translated to English. Meaning I just have to take the written and eye exam. I've been driving for about 11 or 12 years, plus I read the NJ Drivers Manual...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
The palm trees are still green, as are the bushes and the sky is blue... Autumn? What's that!?

Pretty soon you will get sick and tired of this blue sky as I did after 26 months in Riverside.

I missed so much all seasons and snow as well.

Luckily was able to move back north and I do not regret it. Even when the temp falls below 20 below:)

And what was funny.. my teenager then daughter was pushing even more to go back.

You should hear her sarcastic voice when talking to her friends in IL on the phone... "nothing new, just another beautiful day"

AOS from B-2

08/05/08 I-485 filed

02/03/09 CGC received

12/09/10 I-751 filed

04/07/11 GC received

11/1/11 N-400 filed

02/24/12 USC

In Polish only. Sytuacja polityczna w Polsce:

Yeah - I know how that is! I love the city but while the weather is nicer now it is cooling off, I would really love to live with four seasons - I am actually researching the best place to move to once we get a deposit for a house!!!

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Timeline

Well I hate the cold....I love having bright sunny skies all YEAR long!!!

I applied for my SSN but I wasn't in the system yet so they said I should get my card within about 2 weeks...after DL...

Though it states on the letter they gave me that I can apply for work now until my card arrives.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.