Sal and Jay

August 2008 AOS Filers

2,675 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
A couple of people I know have used attorney's and the process has been slower and more tedious.

I truly believe that when they see that someone used a l lawyer or any other kind of a "customer representative" they check applications more thoroughly and use every chance to deny it. That is just the nature of USCIS.

That's very possible. My problem is not even that I worry about my case, because it's very straight-forward. My main complaint is that after all this, I still have 0 confidence that my case is being handled with care and professionalism. The attorney seems knowledgeable and experienced, but I only got to deal with all these 'assistants', aka secretaries, who pretty much have no idea what they are doing. Anyway, looking back I should have just done it myself.

Hey there, those secretaries are taking directions from the attorney. You're paying the attorney for service. Demand to talk to them. You didn't hire the assisant or the secretary DEMAND to talk to the attorney and if you're not happy with the way that the law firm is handling your case or your questions, let them know that. Like I said, you're paying for a service make your money work for you.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A couple of people I know have used attorney's and the process has been slower and more tedious.

I truly believe that when they see that someone used a l lawyer or any other kind of a "customer representative" they check applications more thoroughly and use every chance to deny it. That is just the nature of USCIS.

That's very possible. My problem is not even that I worry about my case, because it's very straight-forward. My main complaint is that after all this, I still have 0 confidence that my case is being handled with care and professionalism. The attorney seems knowledgeable and experienced, but I only got to deal with all these 'assistants', aka secretaries, who pretty much have no idea what they are doing. Anyway, looking back I should have just done it myself.

Hey there, those secretaries are taking directions from the attorney. You're paying the attorney for service. Demand to talk to them. You didn't hire the assisant or the secretary DEMAND to talk to the attorney and if you're not happy with the way that the law firm is handling your case or your questions, let them know that. Like I said, you're paying for a service make your money work for you.

Thank you! Well said. You know what, I also work in professional services myself, and I have been pretty demanding. I constantly call to push the case forward. I was just lazy at the beginning which was why I hired this firm. I am so disappointed now, esp. knowing that my case is so simple and straight-forward, and I have absolutely nothing to hide/explain... SO frustrated with the type of services provided. I just feel like I totally got ripped off!

AOS Timeline:

• Date Filed : 2008-08-28
  • NOA Date : 2008-09-03
  • RFE: 2008-09-19
  • Biometrics Appt. : 2008-09-23
  • RFE Mailed: 2008-10-06
  • RFE Delivered: 2008-10-10
  • Case Processing Resumed: 2008-10-16
  • I-485 TOUCHES: 2008-10-17, 2008-10-20, 2008-10-21
  • EAD Approved: 2008-11-06 (Day 70)
  • AP Approved: 2008-11-06 (Day 70)
  • AP Received: 2008-11-12
  • EAD Received: 2008-11-18
  • AOS GC Interview Letter Received: 2008-11-18
  • AOS GC Interview: 2009-01-12 - APPROVED!

Link;

Don't beat yourself up about it. Many of my friends went the ATTORNEY route with the K-1. Eventhough I told them not to. With one of my friends we had to park in the parking lot and wait for the attorney to pull up in is lovely S-Class BENZ and confront him. We told him that we were going to the Maryland Bar Association if he didn't give them their money back. I'll giveyou the short version. They turned in their paper work in October to file the K-1, the attorney didn't submit the packet until December...he kept telling them lies. Told them it would take 6 months just to get the NOA2....Arrghhhhhhhh

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Link;

Don't beat yourself up about it. Many of my friends went the ATTORNEY route with the K-1. Eventhough I told them not to. With one of my friends we had to park in the parking lot and wait for the attorney to pull up in is lovely S-Class BENZ and confront him. We told him that we were going to the Maryland Bar Association if he didn't give them their money back. I'll giveyou the short version. They turned in their paper work in October to file the K-1, the attorney didn't submit the packet until December...he kept telling them lies. Told them it would take 6 months just to get the NOA2....Arrghhhhhhhh

Unbelievable!! I wish I could go in and have a face-to-face with my attorney. I freakin' hired a firm that's not even in the Tri-State area. HUGE mistake. Lesson Learned - do homework and DIY.

Thank you!

AOS Timeline:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Imagine that...now I can add my I-765..USCIS works in misterious ways... :devil::devil:

Receipt Number: MSC00000000

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On October 7, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

The other 2 applications cannot be added.

Don't let the choices chose you, chose the choices that you want.

Imagine that...now I can add my I-765..USCIS works in misterious ways... :devil::devil:

Receipt Number: MSC00000000

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On October 7, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

The other 2 applications cannot be added.

At least someone has great news! Thanks for sharing, and congrats!!!!!!!!

AOS Timeline:

GO JJ GO JJ

CONGRATS

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Going! GoING!!!!!!!!! and its GONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Upps, I think I went too far.... :lol:

Thanks Link....may the force be with you my son.... :lol: have faith man...

Don't let the choices chose you, chose the choices that you want.

Faith? :/ :(

"Love Will Find A Way <3"

05/29/2008 --- Entry into the US on Visa Waiver to visit my girlfriend for a summer holiday and to help take care of her sick father where needed.

06/20/2008 -- After the sad passing of my girlfriend's father, we decided to get married and stay together

08/08/2008 --- We get married, lovely ceremony and dinner with all of Sarah's family present :-)

08/25/2008 --- AOS package sent to Chicago via Fedex overnight priority mail. Fingers crossed now!

08/26/2008 -- AOS Package received in Chicago, signed for by A.Smith (1 day before my VWP expires!)

09/02/2008 -- Checks cashed!!

09/03/2008 -- NOA1 received for I-485, I-130 and I-765.

09/05/2008 -- Case is shown online as pending!!

09/08/2008 -- Biometrics appointment letter received for September 23rd!! (For both I-485 and I-765)

09/12/2008 -- Biometrics walk-in completed, 11 days before the appointment! In Hackensack NJ.

09/20/2008 -- RFE for I-485 received. It was dated September 17.

09/25/2008 -- RFE response evidence sent out to Lee's Summit by USPS, certified mail.

10/02/2008 -- RFE response evidence received and case processing resumed!

11/04/2008 -- EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED! Thank you Lord.

11/10/2008 -- EAD card received in the mail! wOOt wOOt!!!!

11/12/2008 -- SSN ordered from Hackensack, 2-4 weeks in mail!

11/28/2008 -- SSN Received in the mail, wOOt!!!!!!!!

12/7/2008 -- INTERVIEW LETTER RECEIVED!!! It's scheduled February 19, 2009 at 8:30am in Newark. *nerves*

2/19/2009 -- Interview 8:30am - Green Card verbally approved

2/23/2009 -- Welcome letter received! followed by I-130 approval notice!

Gratzies JJ :)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

My wife's I-485 had been transferred to CSC on September 22nd.

But today, USCIS website says...

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.

Does this mean that her case has been transferred to local office?

Will she get an interview?

We thought that we would go through easy road.

I guess it's not the case. :(

Same thing happened to us. We had a bunch of touches and then the website status changed to the same as what you have.

Guess that means we'll be having an interview? :huh:

Most likely.....

Same here, after touches on Friday, Monday and Tuesday...No changes on EAD or AP though, still showing 9/18.

My wife's case says the same thing when I checked... it got transferred to CSC last week but apparently they felt it wasnt clear enough? Is there a specific reason? Does every person who has this status get an interview? Needless to say its kind of annoying- not really looking forward to gathering all the paperwork again or about going to Garden City, Long Island.

Most K-1 are proccessed at the CSC, but I've seen that if something is unclear they send back the case to the local office fo the interview. I guess it's a matter of pure luck.

Hold on a minute. My wife's case was touched on 30 September saying that it was being "transferred to another USCIS office to speed up processing." The hard copy i got in the mail confirmed this was the USCIS office in Laguna Nigel, CA. Six days later on 06 October the AOS was touched again and said it was "transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office." Wouldn't that USCIS office mentioned in the touch on 06 October just refer to the office in Laguna Nigel? It seems like the time between the original transfer notice and the touch saying its "pending" is just the time it takes for the case to be transferred 2000 miles out to CSC, be officially received, and once again become "pending", just at the CSC instead of the NBC. If it were being transferred back to my local office (New York) I would have been informed of the transfer and given the address to where my case was sent just like I was informed when it was transferred to CSC.

Also, what are the odds that 4 people reading this thread in a matter of hours all had their cases sent from CSC back to their local office when it is supposed to be so rare? As of now theres no reason to believe that our cases were transferred back to the local office until the USCIS explicitly informs us of such. Anyway, congrats on all the EAD/GC approvals and lets hope to see some more soon.

Edited by rugbydude05

Conditional green card issued 30 January 2009

Removal of Conditions timeline:

10 November 10: sent I-751 package via Express Mail to VSC

15 November 10: receipt date of NOA 1, arrived on the 19th

28 December 10: Biometrics scheduled in Elizabeth, NJ

29 March 10: Approval e-mail received from VSC

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline
My wife's I-485 had been transferred to CSC on September 22nd.

But today, USCIS website says...

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.

Does this mean that her case has been transferred to local office?

Will she get an interview?

We thought that we would go through easy road.

I guess it's not the case. :(

Same thing happened to us. We had a bunch of touches and then the website status changed to the same as what you have.

Guess that means we'll be having an interview? :huh:

Most likely.....

Same here, after touches on Friday, Monday and Tuesday...No changes on EAD or AP though, still showing 9/18.

My wife's case says the same thing when I checked... it got transferred to CSC last week but apparently they felt it wasnt clear enough? Is there a specific reason? Does every person who has this status get an interview? Needless to say its kind of annoying- not really looking forward to gathering all the paperwork again or about going to Garden City, Long Island.

Most K-1 are proccessed at the CSC, but I've seen that if something is unclear they send back the case to the local office fo the interview. I guess it's a matter of pure luck.

Hold on a minute. My wife's case was touched on 30 September saying that it was being "transferred to another USCIS office to speed up processing." The hard copy i got in the mail confirmed this was the USCIS office in Laguna Nigel, CA. Six days later on 06 October the AOS was touched again and said it was "transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office." Wouldn't that USCIS office mentioned in the touch on 06 October just refer to the office in Laguna Nigel? It seems like the time between the original transfer notice and the touch saying its "pending" is just the time it takes for the case to be transferred 2000 miles out to CSC, be officially received, and once again become "pending", just at the CSC instead of the NBC. If it were being transferred back to my local office (New York) I would have been informed of the transfer and given the address to where my case was sent just like I was informed when it was transferred to CSC.

Also, what are the odds that 4 people reading this thread in a matter of hours all had their cases sent from CSC back to their local office when it is supposed to be so rare? As of now theres no reason to believe that our cases were transferred back to the local office until the USCIS explicitly informs us of such. Anyway, congrats on all the EAD/GC approvals and lets hope to see some more soon.

Guys, I don't know what's going on but as far as I read this, the subject case is still pending at CSC which is good. See, you first get an e-mail and hard copy that your case has been sent to CSC and then, when it arrives at CSC (about a week later) you get this message saying it is pending at the local office to which it was transfered to. That is CSC, so no worries. You're still on for faster processing. If your case will again be transfered you'll get another letter informing you about this.

N-400 application timeline

02-22-2012-- (00): documents sent

02-23-2012-- (01): NOA date

02-27-2012-- (05): check cashed

03-02-2012-- (09): bio appointment notice sent, bio date 03-15 (23)

03-05-2012-- (12): bio notice received

03-06-2012-- (13): early bio

03-12-2012-- (19): in line for interview scheduling

03-21-2012-- (28): scheduled for interview

03-28-2012-- (35): interview notice received

05-02-2012-- (70): interview. Rec. for Approval!

05-16-2012-- (84): in line for oath scheduling

06-19-2012-(118): scheduled for oath

06-21-2012-(120): oath letter received

07-06-2012-(135): oath

Passport application timeline

07-10-2012-- (00): application sent (card+book/routine service)

07-17-2012-- (07): application status online

07-26-2012-- (16): application on hold (name too long)

07-28-2012-- (18): RFI Tucson passport center (proposed shortened name) letter received

07-30-2012-- (20): reply sent to Tucson passport center

08-18-2012-- (39): passport book received

08-21-2012-- (42): passport card received

08-21-2012-- (42): CON received

Ok - so I have gone through the spreadsheet and updated everyone on there as best I can :) If there is any missing info etc. then please let me know and I will add it in - as soon as some of these cards arrive in the mail then we can start averaging out time taken from application to receipt :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.