EAD approved today!!!!

FYI

because of all the posts about EAD been approved I just checked on-line and

"10/07/08 card Production ordered"

no touches, no approval just ordered

and my NOA for AOS still does NOT exist on-line

exactly the same here

just waiting now

according to some other topics it takes about a week to receive the card after the approval

any comments?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am new to the forum, and have also filed through an attorney in late August... The case is still pending at the MSC, as we just responded to the RFE letter with detailed income tax returns (as opposed to a summary). What have your experiences been working with attorneys and/or their legal assistants? :hehe:

AOS Timeline:

• Date Filed : 2008-08-28
  • NOA Date : 2008-09-03
  • RFE: 2008-09-19
  • Biometrics Appt. : 2008-09-23
  • RFE Mailed: 2008-10-06
  • RFE Delivered: 2008-10-10
  • Case Processing Resumed: 2008-10-16
  • I-485 TOUCHES: 2008-10-17, 2008-10-20, 2008-10-21
  • EAD Approved: 2008-11-06 (Day 70)
  • AP Approved: 2008-11-06 (Day 70)
  • AP Received: 2008-11-12
  • EAD Received: 2008-11-18
  • AOS GC Interview Letter Received: 2008-11-18
  • AOS GC Interview: 2009-01-12 - APPROVED!

I am new to the forum, and have also filed through an attorney in late August... The case is still pending at the MSC, as we just responded to the RFE letter with detailed income tax returns (as opposed to a summary). What have your experiences been working with attorneys and/or their legal assistants? :hehe:

Before I filed all my paperwork by myself I went to a local immigration lawyer office and asked him straight up: " what is it you have that I don't?" he told me - experience. So I went to this website, spoke to a couple of my friends who have already gone through all this and saved like $3K.

Gratz again to all the approvals and movement!! Again, don't forget to PM me updates!!

Gratzies guys! Still nothing here :(

Don't forget to PM me updates for the spreadsheet!!!

Don't worry Jeraly, USCIS hasn't forgotten about you!!! Have faith, wish you all the luck.

Hmmm - I wouldn't mind if there was just *something* but there is absolutely nothing. I had bio on 16th Sept so maybe I am just being impatient...

I love this,

Charry and I just got a notice that our I485 for her AOS has been sent to CSC to "speed up processing"

Boston (Where we should be)

I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, January 24, 2008

California

I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, July 03, 2007

:lol: So she should have been a permanent resident at around the time you filed for K-1 then, right?!?! :rofl:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

My wife's I-485 had been transferred to CSC on September 22nd.

But today, USCIS website says...

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.

Does this mean that her case has been transferred to local office?

Will she get an interview?

We thought that we would go through easy road.

I guess it's not the case. :(

Same thing happened to us. We had a bunch of touches and then the website status changed to the same as what you have.

Guess that means we'll be having an interview? :huh:

Most likely.....

Same here, after touches on Friday, Monday and Tuesday...No changes on EAD or AP though, still showing 9/18.

My wife's case says the same thing when I checked... it got transferred to CSC last week but apparently they felt it wasnt clear enough? Is there a specific reason? Does every person who has this status get an interview? Needless to say its kind of annoying- not really looking forward to gathering all the paperwork again or about going to Garden City, Long Island.

Conditional green card issued 30 January 2009

Removal of Conditions timeline:

10 November 10: sent I-751 package via Express Mail to VSC

15 November 10: receipt date of NOA 1, arrived on the 19th

28 December 10: Biometrics scheduled in Elizabeth, NJ

29 March 10: Approval e-mail received from VSC

Before I filed all my paperwork by myself I went to a local immigration lawyer office and asked him straight up: " what is it you have that I don't?" he told me - experience. So I went to this website, spoke to a couple of my friends who have already gone through all this and saved like $3K.

Thank you for your reply. Actually you are absolutely right. My experience hasn't been up to my expectations, especially for such a straight-forward case... I didn't want to bother doing all the paperwork, so I chose to hire an attorney... Looking back, I definitely should have done my homework and just trusted myself doing this. Sigh.

Gratz again to all the approvals and movement!! Again, don't forget to PM me updates!!

Don't worry Jeraly, USCIS hasn't forgotten about you!!! Have faith, wish you all the luck.

Hmmm - I wouldn't mind if there was just *something* but there is absolutely nothing. I had bio on 16th Sept so maybe I am just being impatient...

I love this,

Charry and I just got a notice that our I485 for her AOS has been sent to CSC to "speed up processing"

I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, January 24, 2008

California

I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, July 03, 2007

:lol: So she should have been a permanent resident at around the time you filed for K-1 then, right?!?! :rofl:

My bio was on 9/23, and so far nothing... We got a RFE though, and the response package was mailed two days ago...

AOS Timeline:

Thank you for your reply. Actually you are absolutely right. My experience hasn't been up to my expectations, especially for such a straight-forward case... I didn't want to bother doing all the paperwork, so I chose to hire an attorney... Looking back, I definitely should have done my homework and just trusted myself doing this. Sigh.

Knowing how it works in New York there's a chance that your "lawyer" is not actually a lawyer, but someone who knows how to fill out immigration paperwork and had done it before. Sorry :(

Oh I know... The attorney is licensed and provided me with his CV, but the case was pretty much 100% handled by his "legal assistant", who's probably just some recent grad with no solid educational / professional background... I had my bio appt in late Sept and now there has been no progress at the USCIS. We submitted the response letter to the RFE (!) just a few days ago. We will see how it goes. Yea, I second that you can't really trust lawyers. I have 0 confidence that my paperwork was handled with care. P.S. And yes, I paid for this kind of service too.

Knowing how it works in New York there's a chance that your "lawyer" is not actually a lawyer, but someone who knows how to fill out immigration paperwork and had done it before. Sorry :(

AOS Timeline:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

A couple of people I know have used attorney's and the process has been slower and more tedious.

I love this,

California

Jeraly it usually takes about 1 month and a half after the bio to get approved. I had my bio on the 26th of Aug and I was approved on the 3rd of Oct. :star:

Don't let the choices chose you, chose the choices that you want.

Timeline
My wife's I-485 had been transferred to CSC on September 22nd.

But today, USCIS website says...

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.

Does this mean that her case has been transferred to local office?

Will she get an interview?

We thought that we would go through easy road.

I guess it's not the case. :(

Same thing happened to us. We had a bunch of touches and then the website status changed to the same as what you have.

Guess that means we'll be having an interview? :huh:

Most likely.....

Same here, after touches on Friday, Monday and Tuesday...No changes on EAD or AP though, still showing 9/18.

My wife's case says the same thing when I checked... it got transferred to CSC last week but apparently they felt it wasnt clear enough? Is there a specific reason? Does every person who has this status get an interview? Needless to say its kind of annoying- not really looking forward to gathering all the paperwork again or about going to Garden City, Long Island.

Most K-1 are proccessed at the CSC, but I've seen that if something is unclear they send back the case to the local office fo the interview. I guess it's a matter of pure luck.

A couple of people I know have used attorney's and the process has been slower and more tedious.

I truly believe that when they see that someone used a l lawyer or any other kind of a "customer representative" they check applications more thoroughly and use every chance to deny it. That is just the nature of USCIS.

Timeline

I truly believe that when they see that someone used a l lawyer or any other kind of a "customer representative" they check applications more thoroughly and use every chance to deny it. That is just the nature of USCIS.

I would believe so too: using an attorney may read " did something bad and I want to correct it " or " I'm clueless on what to do ".

Something that if you research a bit you can do your self. It's a tedious process! but you can do it your self. My wife applied for her citizenship along with my mother-in-law last year and they both passed and were naturalized without any problems.

That's very possible. My problem is not even that I worry about my case, because it's very straight-forward. My main complaint is that after all this, I still have 0 confidence that my case is being handled with care and professionalism. The attorney seems knowledgeable and experienced, but I only got to deal with all these 'assistants', aka secretaries, who pretty much have no idea what they are doing. Anyway, looking back I should have just done it myself.

AOS Timeline:

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I would believe so too: using an attorney may read " did something bad and I want to correct it " or " I'm clueless on what to do ".

Something that if you research a bit you can do your self. It's a tedious process! but you can do it your self. My wife applied for her citizenship along with my mother-in-law last year and they both passed and were naturalized without any problems.

I agree on this one. I thought it wouldn't hurt to at least try to do it myself. If USCIS is gonna be difficult on me (not that there is any reason, I thnk) I can always hire a lawyer to do it. Lawyer are ussually hired to straigthen out problems and USCIS is aware of that. If you're case is clean and you have nothing to hide, you don't need a lawyer.

N-400 application timeline

02-22-2012-- (00): documents sent

02-23-2012-- (01): NOA date

02-27-2012-- (05): check cashed

03-02-2012-- (09): bio appointment notice sent, bio date 03-15 (23)

03-05-2012-- (12): bio notice received

03-06-2012-- (13): early bio

03-12-2012-- (19): in line for interview scheduling

03-21-2012-- (28): scheduled for interview

03-28-2012-- (35): interview notice received

05-02-2012-- (70): interview. Rec. for Approval!

05-16-2012-- (84): in line for oath scheduling

06-19-2012-(118): scheduled for oath

06-21-2012-(120): oath letter received

07-06-2012-(135): oath

Passport application timeline

07-10-2012-- (00): application sent (card+book/routine service)

07-17-2012-- (07): application status online

07-26-2012-- (16): application on hold (name too long)

07-28-2012-- (18): RFI Tucson passport center (proposed shortened name) letter received

07-30-2012-- (20): reply sent to Tucson passport center

08-18-2012-- (39): passport book received

08-21-2012-- (42): passport card received

08-21-2012-- (42): CON received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.