Gemmie

"Where are you from?"

91 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Yeah yeah... Also noticed you changed your name :( Kinda weird not having you being "Mags" anymore :cry:

Well, people still call me Mags, it's kind of like a nickname - Magenta is where the name Mags came from in the first place. I've also been called Madge too. :lol:

Kitten Talk:

There is a certain man in this household who was making a big old fuss of a certain kitten only last night. :whistle:

Edited by Magenta

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Kitten Talk:

There is a certain man in this household who was making a big old fuss of a certain kitten only last night. :whistle:

LIES! LIES!

Unless there was another man in the house yesterday aside from me.... Hmmmm........

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

when I lived in England someone in a pub asked me "why are you putting on an american accent? It's not even good"

:rofl: Ohhh that is genius!!

Kitten Talk:

LIES! LIES!

Unless there was another man in the house yesterday aside from me.... Hmmmm........

Well, you did say you worked until late... :whistle::innocent:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
when I lived in England someone in a pub asked me "why are you putting on an american accent? It's not even good"

Too funny! What did you say to them?

Kitten Talk:

LIES! LIES!

Yeah, yeah, whatEVER. :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Gareth is constantly getting asked about his accent. Every where he goes he tends to get a little following of girls that are entranced by his accent and really want to talk to him about where he's from. I will say that the weirdest thing I have encountered is I have had a few people ask me to do a British accent when they find out Gareth is British. That is just weird and I don't get that at all. :wacko:

Please buy Gareth's Flat....http://www.taylorsestateagents.co.uk/content/006_Results/002_Property/property-sales-tayrps-LWC080078-1213606331

Women always get really excited about my husband's accent until they see that I'm with him. Then they seem annoyed at me for marrying a Brit! Well they can go find their own!

There's been a few tiimes where people have asked if I'm British too. I have an obvious Wisconsin accent. I just smile and take it as a compliment.

True story.

I was in Subway in MA last year and ordered my sandwich.. the woman behind the counter then asked Bill (my fiancee) "is it from London?" He replied "excuse me?" and she repeated it and added "my friend is from London and speaks like that." I asked Bill under my breath if I looked like a potted plant and if she knew that I spoke English. She then asked if "it was staying or just visiting"!!

We just looked at each other and burst out laughing!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
True story.

I was in Subway in MA last year and ordered my sandwich.. the woman behind the counter then asked Bill (my fiancee) "is it from London?" He replied "excuse me?" and she repeated it and added "my friend is from London and speaks like that." I asked Bill under my breath if I looked like a potted plant and if she knew that I spoke English. She then asked if "it was staying or just visiting"!!

We just looked at each other and burst out laughing!!

She referred to you as "it"?!?!?!? I'm suprised the woman has any friends alone a Brit friend.

Aly, I swear we were doing a total pisstake and talking to each other with the accents...this lady just overheard us. That is really pathetic when you do that to pretend you are something you are not. Pathetic yet hilarious though... :devil:

wtf-picard.jpg

Oh but you kind of have to cringe for the poor woman!!!!

And as for being referred to as "it" - I mean I know majority of Americans don't even have passports, but it's not like we are from a totally different planet!! :rofl:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

I will say that the weirdest thing I have encountered is I have had a few people ask me to do a British accent when they find out Gareth is British. That is just weird and I don't get that at all. :wacko:

Ditto. People say, "Well, you lived there for 12 years, how come you don't sound British?"

Duh, I'm American, I'm not Madonna, and I don't have any hang-ups about sounding like I'm an American.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Yeah - what's the deal with that anyway? I keep reading it on the front of magazines but can never be bothered to buy them :lol: Media hype or..?

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.