trey

Too much?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
dont send em that stuff. Their only interest at this point is that you have the right to petition (USC), that you have met at least once in the two previous years, you are free to marry.....and nothing else. Chat transcripts dont prove any of these points. The USCIS is in no position to guage the quality of a relationship. Only a CO with a face to face interview can do this, so save that stuff for the interview with pictures, etc.

I guess I should have been more specific but I assumed those responding to my post would also note my time line and see that we've already been approved and I am preparing evidence for her to provide to the consul at her interview. No harm. Thank you all for your advice.

July 7, 2004 - Met Aimee in a chatroom

Dec. 25, 2005 - Went to Phils to meet her the first time

January 7, 2006 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska Service Center.

January 27, 2006 - Received NOA1.

April 18, 2006 @1859 cst - NOA2 - APPROVED!

July 15, 2006 - Packet 4 received

September1, 2006 - Medical

September 8, 2006 - Interview - APPROVED!

October 15, 2006 - Arrived in USA

November 4, 2006 --- WEDDING!!!

April 20, 2007 - Mailed AOS

May 18, 2007 - Biometrics

July 26, 2007---GREEN CARD!(no interview)

April 13, 2009 - Mailed I-751 for Removal of Conditions

May 5, 2009 - NOA (extension approved)

May 18, 2009 - Biometrics appointment arrived today-scheduled for May 29, 2009

August 13, 2009 - Approval for removal of conditions (originally delayed due to RFE)

August 20, 2009 - 10 year green card arrived in mail

June 9, 2010</ - Treygan Isaiah is born

June, 21, 2010 - My adoption of Nathan is finalized

No lawyers and no problems

:blink: Hmm my fiance sent like 50 some pages or more. LOL I guess we just really want to prove to them we are serious about our relationship and doing whatever it takes to be together.

Lifting of Conditions

*Sent form 05/15 to CA Service Center

*NOA1 Received 5/19

*RFE Received 06/2009

*Biometrics 07/2009

*RFE sent to CSC 09/2009

*Notification of RFE acceptance 10/2009

*Interview Date: December 4th!

*January 9th: Received 10 year Green Card in the mail :)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
:blink: Hmm my fiance sent like 50 some pages or more. LOL I guess we just really want to prove to them we are serious about our relationship and doing whatever it takes to be together.

D'oh! For the "evidence" (bleh, of course we're real!) of our relationship, I had prepared over 300 pages of emails over a three year period. Guess the CO might have enjoyed that. -_- Definitely some reaponses here that are a better point of view than my own - which was that bulk is intimidation :bonk: haha. Now I'll have to go through and pare down the emails to a few most interesting ones. Good thing I saw this thread beforeI did another 300 pages for the IM convos! :whistle:

Let me show you how to get your tax returns the easy way

aussiewench's thread for kicking butt in the NVC ('cause i'm too lazy to keep looking it up - haha)

Our DS-3032 email to the NVC

02 Jan 2006 - Married

...----===::: CR-1 :::===---...

22 May 2006 - Case # Assigned @ NVC

14 Jul 2006 - DS-230 Package Received by USC

We stopped pursuit of CR-1 to pursue K3/AOS. For us, both required the same document, we could only have one valid copy, and the K3 was moving faster.

See profile for the details up to and in between the events listed here.

...---===::: K3 :::===---...

17 May 2006 - Date NVC says petition shipped to embassy

18 May 2006 - Case # Assigned @ NVC

01 Jul 2006 - Packet "3" received from embassy

18 Jul 2006 - Medical

21 Sept 2006 - K3 Interview Date (APPROVED)

27 Sept 2006 - Received Visa

06 Oct 2006 - Arrives in the USA! Finally home together. :)

(Truncated timeline - sig too long. See profile for all details.)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I have been working with a company located in Washington state. He has been super.

I received all of our original documents back from him with a letter stating what I shoud

send to her prior to her interview and what she should take with her to the interview

along with the money required and specific instructions on medical exams etc. I will

be glad to send a copy of this letter to anyone in need. In addition during a recent

conversation with my assistant, I was instructed to create a new letter just like the

initial one I submitted with the I129F but with more current information. I saw a post

about the amount of material one should take to the interview. Based on this letter

I don't believe there is such a thing as too much information. I would only suggest

it be labeled by substance. (ie. email, phone records..etc) These documents are

going to be used to confirm your continuing relationship and confirm your love

for each other. In my case, I will give valid excuses why my visits to her were

not as frequent as the embassy would like to see, but it will also state how much

we miss each other and our overbearing desire to be together.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.