~Jackie~

MENA CR1/K3/K1 filers

3,107 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
well . to you too :P

LOL

I like to keep us on the 1st page so if any newbies need support they can find us :)

Good news of the day?

Our "electronic file" is at Amman. and when they receive the paper case, they will schedule an interview and send out the packet.

What Im wondering is why the heck they dont have the paper file yet :unsure:

Happy Thursday! Some of my dear K3 family members got their approvals today :D yaay

Jackie, whats for lunch?

Congrats Lisa! I hope you get an interview date soon. When I talked to NVC the other day, they told me the schedule ALL the interviews and would send us each a letter saying when it is (after of course all our paperwork is complete). The embassy said they just send a list of available dates to NVC and they set it up that way. No one would give me a timeframe, but I hope yours is speedy!!

Tomorrow is Friday...yay!

thanks Amanda! ya NVC schedules all fo the CR/IR1 interviews, but Amman schedules the k visa dates. I just got the "delivery confirmed" email from DHL on the package that i think is ours. I checked days agao and it said it was in Amman, but i didnt realize that it was only at the dhl center there; 2 days later and someone at the embassy signed for it this afternoon :dancing: I hope thats ours and Yazied gets the packet next week! wow, this has been a long time coming. :blush:

I found a way to schedule interviews online at Amman...I know we cant do that, but i was thinking you can at least get an idea of their open dates(it shows available slots)

let me go see if i can find that again and I'll scope it out. why not? heh

Keep us posted on your ride through NVC :)

Edited by Lisa wa Yazied

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

YAY Lisa!! That's great news!

Just got home tonight from AZ. It was a wonderful 45 degrees when I got in. That's what winter is about! I'm not a heat person at all. But I miss my Dad now. :(

Still nothing to report on our end, for the most part. Although, if hubby doesn't start spilling some beans, I'm gonna blow his secret!

Got married : 6-3-06

I-130 delivered : 6-12-06 - Appt in Cairo

I-130 Approved : 4-18-08 - USCIS approval!!

Visa Interview Date : 6-22-08

Case sent to WADC: 8-6-08 - FBI check

Email From Embassy 1-09 - Still in AP (7 months)

19 DHL scans - 2-19-09

1-26-09 - Out of AP, now final review

2-26-09 - Visa in hand!

3-11-09 - POE JFK - Got stuck there due to immigration taking too long. They didn't change his visa from CR1 to IR1, have to go to immigration here to fix it.

3-12-09 - Arrived in Portland!!

5-29-2010 - Zane was born ** Absolute best day of my life!

6-7-2010 - Ahmed went back to Egypt

8-23-11 - Filed for divorce

1-12-12 - Divorce final

thanks Amanda! ya NVC schedules all fo the CR/IR1 interviews, but Amman schedules the k visa dates. I just got the "delivery confirmed" email from DHL on the package that i think is ours. I checked days agao and it said it was in Amman, but i didnt realize that it was only at the dhl center there; 2 days later and someone at the embassy signed for it this afternoon :dancing: I hope thats ours and Yazied gets the packet next week! wow, this has been a long time coming. :blush:

I found a way to schedule interviews online at Amman...I know we cant do that, but i was thinking you can at least get an idea of their open dates(it shows available slots)

let me go see if i can find that again and I'll scope it out. why not? heh

Keep us posted on your ride through NVC :)

Hey Lisa...I will definitely keep you posted on my NVC trip. I annoyed the heck out of our attorney and it looks like that made him move his butt a little and start being proactive with our paperwork. :)

How did you know about the DHL package to Amman? That would be cool if you could find that website about scheduling interviews online at Amman so we can get an idea of open slots. Let me know if you find anything! Good luck on your interview and havea great weekend!

And to all others here waiting on the couch, speedy approvals, getting out of AP, interview dates soon....etc to everyone and a wonderful weekend too!

Amanda

Timeline

Thank Tina and HLM :)

Amanda,

you can check the dhl website using a referrence code.. like, I used EXP 26 FEB 2009A

It will list all of the packages that left NVC that day. A friend showed me that little tricky heh

I did find the self scheduling page for amman. Its only for non immigrant visas, so i dont think it will apply to you so much. But it looks like they leave the first two weeks of the month open for non immigrant applications. There were 9 days in April and 8 left in MArch. It's a general idea anyway ;)

Tina

Im so happy about your secret news!

((((Jackie))))

Happy Friday to everyone :D

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Amanda,

you can check the dhl website using a referrence code.. like, I used EXP 26 FEB 2009A

It will list all of the packages that left NVC that day. A friend showed me that little tricky heh

I did find the self scheduling page for amman. Its only for non immigrant visas, so i dont think it will apply to you so much. But it looks like they leave the first two weeks of the month open for non immigrant applications. There were 9 days in April and 8 left in MArch. It's a general idea anyway ;)

Tina

((((Jackie))))

Ohhhhhh ok...never knew you could do that! Thats good to know. :) You are super stealthy!

Timeline

Amanda,

Tina

((((Jackie))))

Ohhhhhh ok...never knew you could do that! Thats good to know. :) You are super stealthy!

:ph34r:

Thanks!

Timeline
Lol...you are too funny Lisa!! Where do you find these things?

:blush:

the smiley or the "tricks"? :devil:

Thanks!

Timeline

(((Jackie))) right backatcha

(F)

wanna talk about something uplifting? Have you decided if you ae going over to syria on your trip? did Ibriham secure an ac unit yet? ;)

(L)

Thanks!

Timeline

Quick question for you girls that have been to Amman. My sister is going over there to dig in the dirt with her school this June and we got to talking about the bathroom situation there. I told her my buddies on here were talking about that and I think it's mostly holes in the ground when you go out in public. Is that true? Should she take toilet paper with her? She was worried about it cause undoubtedly aunt flo will come around at least once in her 6 weeks there and she wants to be prepared. Any helpful tips?

Sorry! I know that isn't a very uplifting topic!

Edited by Ahmed N Tina

19 DHL scans - 2-19-09

2-26-09 - Visa in hand!

3-11-09 - POE JFK - Got stuck there due to immigration taking too long. They didn't change his visa from CR1 to IR1, have to go to immigration here to fix it.

1-12-12 - Divorce final

Timeline
Quick question for you girls that have been to Amman. My sister is going over there to dig in the dirt with her school this June and we got to talking about the bathroom situation there. I told her my buddies on here were talking about that and I think it's mostly holes in the ground when you go out in public. Is that true? Should she take toilet paper with her? She was worried about it cause undoubtedly aunt flo will come around at least once in her 6 weeks there and she wants to be prepared. Any helpful tips?

I didnt spend much time in Amman, but I would say: she TOTALLY needs to bring tp with her at all times. Even in the gov buildings, its holes in the ground. :blush:

She should also bring the "supplies" in case she gets that visitor. I only saw one type in Irbid, maybe amman is different

Enough code talk up there? :lol:

Thanks!

Timeline

I didnt spend much time in Amman, but I would say: she TOTALLY needs to bring tp with her at all times. Even in the gov buildings, its holes in the ground. :blush:

She should also bring the "supplies" in case she gets that visitor. I only saw one type in Irbid, maybe amman is different

Enough code talk up there? :lol:

LOL :blush: Yeah, but strangely enough I got it all! That's what I told her and she's going to go get those little packets of tissue to carry around. Now I'm thankful for the tp-less toities in Cairo, at least they weren't holes in the ground! Don't think I could perform that balancing act! My sis is shorter, that should help. I learned to carry the tp with me in Cairo, since the girls handing it out at some of the public bathrooms gave 2 squares. :blink: WTH!

Edited by Ahmed N Tina

19 DHL scans - 2-19-09

2-26-09 - Visa in hand!

1-12-12 - Divorce final

Filed: Timeline

The hole is ok for #1 (especially if you grew up in the midwest--it's kinda like peeing in a cornfield) but I used McDonalds in Irbid for other nature calls. Baby wipes are a nice travel companion also. Water is rationed (on tanks on the roof) so long hot showers are a no-no.

The trip is still on (if I can get a few commission checks between now and July) I dont' want to go to Syria. I miss Jordan and that is were I want to spend the week. One day at Jerash, one day (and night) at Mecca Mall and Carefour. That leaves 5 days of REAL COFFEE and laundry. I am looking forward to every part of the trip, the flight, the reunion, the food and of course being in my husbands arms. :wub:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.