MENA CR1/K3/K1 filers

3,107 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

awww Jackie,

Im sorry you are feeling dismayed. It will end honey

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Timeline

With all my countdowns and craziness, I had not thought what would happen with an extended AP. Never crossed my mind. In my thoughts, he would interview on the 1st...have his visa by middle of the month and fly home. Delusional. I had it wrong.

So now trying to wrap my brain around the fact that I am alone and will probably be this way for awhile. I just called the magic number and same thing. I will call again tommorrow afternoon.

Ibrahim's work wants to send him to London for a week in Febuary :| I should have stayed on the cr1 course, I took a wrong turn.

jJ

Timeline
With all my countdowns and craziness, I had not thought what would happen with an extended AP. Never crossed my mind. In my thoughts, he would interview on the 1st...have his visa by middle of the month and fly home. Delusional. I had it wrong.

So now trying to wrap my brain around the fact that I am alone and will probably be this way for awhile. I just called the magic number and same thing. I will call again tommorrow afternoon.

Ibrahim's work wants to send him to London for a week in Febuary :| I should have stayed on the cr1 course, I took a wrong turn.

jJ

I dont think you took a wrong turn Jackie. I have seen more AP for CR1's. Dont blame yourself for anything. THis is a hurdle that you guys have to jump. You have waited a while already, you know you can do it.

They did approve him, its just AP right? Ok... so chin up woman! :said with love:

I have an ear if you need it ok?

(L)

Lisa

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Timeline

I don't have vacation time til July so I have to wait here.

Lisa, I need to apoligize to you and everyone else who has been waiting much longer than me. I must sound like a real whiner. I appreciate you, lisa.

Ok........holiday resolution...I will be patient and look forward to the future. Thx you guys.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

OMG I totally missed something - extended AP for JJ's hubby?

I'm absolutely stunned my thoughts were in line with yours - interview, mid month visa, etc ... rest of journey togeher.

Your not whining - your missing a huge part of you, understandable.

My heart goes out to you, your in my prayers & I'm soo sorry for this additional hurdle both of you will have to endure.

Angel (F)

The Story of Prince & his Angel

Our Marriage in Ariana, Tunisia - May 1, 2008

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

U.S. Embassy: Tunis, Tunisia

The Journey through VSC:

I-130: June 09, 2008 to April 03, 2009

I-129F: August 5, 2008 to April 03, 2009

The Journey through NVC:

Received by NVC: April 04, 2009

Left NVC: April 13, 2009

The Journey through the Consulate:

April 24, 2009 - May 14, 2009

May 19, 2009 Interview Day @ 11:00 am - PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2009 Picked up VISA

June 26, 2009 Prince flies to America, arrives to JFK - exactly 18 months from the day we met!!

The Journey through AOS:

May 05, 2010 - mailed I-485

May 11, 2010 - text message stating application received

May 13, 2010 - NOA1 for AOS

May 17, 2010 - Biometrics letter rec'd

June 10, 2010 - Biometrics appt

August 03, 2010 - AOS @10:45 am - "conditional" approval pending corrected medical form by Civil Surgeon

Sept 8, 2010 - AOS Approved for 10 year Greencard!!!

Timeline
I don't have vacation time til July so I have to wait here.

Lisa, I need to apoligize to you and everyone else who has been waiting much longer than me. I must sound like a real whiner. I appreciate you, lisa.

Ok........holiday resolution...I will be patient and look forward to the future. Thx you guys.

You dont need to apologize Jackie. This is huge for you and these are your feelings.

Thank you for being so thoughtful though.

I know this is tough, but you do have this lil VJ family who has either been there before, can idenify with the feeling of "will this end", or will just support you no matter what. or all of the above :)

good resolution :) it will keep you sane.

Lisa

Thanks!

Timeline

new update for those who tune in: :lol:

congressman's office called and no one has even touched our case. They told the rep last month that it would be 30 days (12/14). The same person that said that at USCIC told her(constituent manager) today, that it's not been seen by an adjudicator and is still in the "que". Even she was annoyed and asked the congressman yesterday what steps they can take to make VSC more accountable..good luck

So, long story short....more waiting on VSC.

stay tuned kids, next week a new villian will be introduced....the diabolical USCIS "processing times". dont miss it!

LOL

Lisa

to everyone still waiting.... it HAS to happen. prayers for all

Thanks!

Timeline
Lisa that sucks but in the same it is good to know you're bringing light on your case... stay strong!!!! you might be helping others as well.

thanks rajaa, thats what i was thinking today...even if they cant "push" mine through. The fact that this lady is talking to the congressman about the acocuntability of VSC is a GOOD thing for future filers...i hope :)

Edited by Y_habibitk

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Speaking of congressmen, I highly recommend people touch bases with their congressmen when they start the petition or before the interview. I've been in touch with mine, just in case any problems came up, and in the end, it was nice just knowing they remembered when the interview and stuff. I got a call from the representative at my office on the day after the second interview and he wanted to know if I was going to have a "good" Christmas or "bad" one..lol. I told him it was all good and thanked him for following up with me!

So yeah, get in touch with them beforehand and just give em a heads up :thumbs:

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Star that was sure nice of them.....

ok ladies, my husband still hasn't left spain he got his visa on the 16th apparently he is still waiting for his spainish residancy card that should arrive sometime the end of this month... then a couple of weeks with his family in casa then here... :unsure:

If he just went home to casa now he can get here to the u.s. perhaps a couple of weeks sooner.... but he seems very certain his spainish residancy is important why????????? He tells me he wants me to understand but i don't

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.