~Jackie~

MENA CR1/K3/K1 filers

3,107 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
he probably wont be without you for his first snow, i doubt it will snow before thanksgiving in baltimore. im sure it has happened but it doesnt usually.

Thx chaishai that make me feel :) about it.

oh and i wouldnt write the sister to say that she is giving you stress, sounds like she is in stress herself, not good for family relations. i have a 2 and 6 year old and wouldnt leave them except in the case of urgent business for a couple of days.

Thx for that advice too. My Mom says the same thing.

Hello everyone! For those still waiting on their K1 approval, I thought I would let everyone know we were approved by the USCIS on 9/2/09 and our file is now at the NVC. I got the case # for NVC when I called today and was told that we are in AP :( Not sure what that means, but it is what it is. We wait again! The worst is over, and it's a wonderful feeling to get that part behind us ;)

Congrats! :thumbs:

One more thing. When should I begin to start calling DOS? After 9/13 which is the end of the 2-3 week period they said it would take with no AP?

I would call now, anyway. If you call when they first open, it hardly takes any time, they just ask for your case number (the one beginning with CRO) and your husband's name. At least then you'll know where you stand!

Thx for that advice. I'll have to do that to see where we stand.

I think we have 3 months left to be apart. Its getting very numbing. I forgot his smell and his touch.

jax (F)

It's just around the corner Jax (F) !

Sorry ladies but I have to cry, whine and complain again!

I am almost at case complete at the NVC, although I have received NUMEROUS false RFE (al7amdullilah, they are false). I am so sick of them playin' with mah feelin'! I wanna cry, scream, hit something!

Somewhere in my delusional mind, I was hopin' perhaps we would get an October interview (stupid, I know...we are talking about Cairo). Anyhow, the NVC has had my IV packet since August 28 and I am waiting. Trying to wait patiently, but today I just had it! :cry:smiley_wtf.gif:angry::girlwerewolf2xn:scream.gifsmiley_smack.gifChairHit.gif

Love the smilies! I have so been there. :P Sorry to hear about your hassle hon! (F)

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hey everybody!! Wanted to let you guys know that per the DOS and the Cairo Embassy hubby came out of AP on September 7th. My question now is how long should we expect it to take before Cairo issues and mails the visa???

I would send Cairo a letter asking for the status of your case just to confirm that you're out of ap. Sometimes dos and cairo have different answers. If you are then the next step is the review to see that all of your ducks are in order. If everything is set and they don't need a movement certificate (we never figured out why some do and some dont) then I predict you'll have it in your hot hands in about two to three weeks. I'm being conservative here though so maybe sooner. Congrats!!! :dance::dance:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline
Also, I posted this on the daily thread, but for those of you who don't regularly check in there...I e-mailed the guy I interviewed with last week to inquire if any decisions had been made yet and this was his response:

Amanda,

Some decisions have been made. Your candidacy is still under consideration; however, we have a few more candidates to interview before I can provide you any feedback on direction.

Scott

So is that a good thing or bad??? From all the stress at work right now and thinking about this...my stomach is in knots and I am not feeling well at all. :( When does it end????

I don't know how I would take that either but I think that you actually got a response back is a good sign! :thumbs: I hope you hear back soon while still keeping your options open too.

Hey everybody!! Wanted to let you guys know that per the DOS and the Cairo Embassy hubby came out of AP on September 7th. My question now is how long should we expect it to take before Cairo issues and mails the visa???

Celebrating the end of AP with you too! :dance: How often were you calling DOS? Looks like I may have to begin that process too.

Just wanted to say thanks for listening to my raving, girls.

:luv:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Sorry ladies but I have to cry, whine and complain again!

I am almost at case complete at the NVC, although I have received NUMEROUS false RFE (al7amdullilah, they are false). I am so sick of them playin' with mah feelin'! I wanna cry, scream, hit something!

Somewhere in my delusional mind, I was hopin' perhaps we would get an October interview (stupid, I know...we are talking about Cairo). Anyhow, the NVC has had my IV packet since August 28 and I am waiting. Trying to wait patiently, but today I just had it! :cry:smiley_wtf.gif:angry::girlwerewolf2xn:scream.gifsmiley_smack.gifChairHit.gif

I'm right there with you Sis. False RFE are the worst. I think by this time next week I will wave bye bye to NVC!!!

BUT I think by this Friday or Saturday you will wave bye bye to NVC Sis!!! Hugs, hang in there!!

Edited by Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

I would send Cairo a letter asking for the status of your case just to confirm that you're out of ap. Sometimes dos and cairo have different answers. If you are then the next step is the review to see that all of your ducks are in order. If everything is set and they don't need a movement certificate (we never figured out why some do and some dont) then I predict you'll have it in your hot hands in about two to three weeks. I'm being conservative here though so maybe sooner. Congrats!!! :dance::dance:

Doodlebug, yes Cairo said we are out of AP as well per email. So, hopefully we are looking at a couple weeks at the most!!!! Yeahhhhh

Betsy El Sum

Timeline

Yay Besty!! :dance:

Okay so I was thinking, if I could eat, I think this waiting for the NVC would be easier. Yes for sure eating would be better (no I am NOT going to brake my fast), especially since I think I begun PMSing today. All I can do is think of chocolate. I got 6 hours to go, then chocolate YAY!!!

Just so ya know in advance I think I'm gonna be whiney all week, sowwy :blush: No food, pms, AND waiting on the NVC for a decision. Yeah pretty sure I'll be in the dumps this week.

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Okay so I was thinking, if I could eat, I think this waiting for the NVC would be easier. Yes for sure eating would be better (no I am NOT going to brake my fast), especially since I think I begun PMSing today. All I can do is think of chocolate. I got 6 hours to go, then chocolate YAY!!!

Just so ya know in advance I think I'm gonna be whiney all week, sowwy :blush: No food, pms, AND waiting on the NVC for a decision. Yeah pretty sure I'll be in the dumps this week.

Well people who travel are exempt from fasting, says my husband who earlier had a danish and a cup of coffee :P You are doing something that involves traveling so you are thinking of traveling, therefore I would say you're good to go. If that doesn't work, technically pms makes a person mentally unstable and mentally unstable people are exempt from fasting as well. :P Islam according to Bridget.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline

Well people who travel are exempt from fasting, says my husband who earlier had a danish and a cup of coffee :P You are doing something that involves traveling so you are thinking of traveling, therefore I would say you're good to go. If that doesn't work, technically pms makes a person mentally unstable and mentally unstable people are exempt from fasting as well. :P Islam according to Bridget.

Islam according to Bridget RULES :thumbs: Although, gonna stick to the Non-Bridgitized Islam. Sucks for me :wacko:

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
A new couch for my 'Waitin Crowd"

RELOSIGPAGE107.jpg

I think we have 3 months left to be apart. Its getting very numbing. I forgot his smell and his touch.

jax (F)

I know how you feel Jackie lol I would take his perfume from him when I left and keep it until I return to him. So whenever I was missing his scent, I would go smell the perfume lol.

Congrats Betsy! and I wish everyone the best on this crazy and emotional journey (F)

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Aww Sharifah..anything else you wanna throw into the mix? poor you.. :hehe:

Well, feel free to mope and b1tch all ya want this week... i think we can all co sign that :looks for dotted line: :P

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

Well, feel free to mope and b1tch all ya want this week... i think we can all co sign that :looks for dotted line: :P

Yes, I want to add that today I am so thirsty :P So, I got ANOTHER RFE today, false of course, requesting the ds-230 packet, which they received on August 28th! After talking to an operator, she informed me that "something" came in on August 31 and that she though this is "unsual" since they are usually done with a case after receiving something two weeks ago! She said call back next week. ARGH! BLAH! I wanna say a lotta bad words, but I am fasting so I won't! Should I call a supervisor?

Yes, I want to add that today I am so thirsty :P So, I got ANOTHER RFE today, false of course, requesting the ds-230 packet, which they received on August 28th! After talking to an operator, she informed me that "something" came in on August 31 and that she though this is "unsual" since they are usually done with a case after receiving something two weeks ago! She said call back next week. ARGH! BLAH! I wanna say a lotta bad words, but I am fasting so I won't! Should I call a supervisor?

Shar, this NVC is almost as bad as USCIS, I can still sigh into NVC, calling today to see if AVRS message has changed or not.

We will get thru this at NVC soon. I wonder if they are behind due to this be assigned interview week? Whacha think?

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Timeline

Why not? Its not going to hurt anything if you call a sup...you might even get some good news!! :)

Prayers for case completed soon (F)

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

Olivia,

I hope you dont leave this thread, you will be missed

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.