~Jackie~

MENA CR1/K3/K1 filers

3,107 posts in this topic

I'm pretty sure Lisa posted something to this effect already...but, isn't the whole reason he was granted a visa to come to the US was so that he could live with his wife? The fact that he's not going to be living with his wife - won't that constitute fraud in some way? I'm no expert, just wondering. It seems odd at best, incredibly suspect at worst. THe husband's a doctor, right? If I'm a govt employee looking at and evaluating the situation, I'd be wondering why he's living near one of the best hospitals in the country, with his sister (also a doctor?) and not his wife. It seems like false pretenses all the way around - to you; to the govt, etc. He wasn't approved for a visa to be a nanny to his sister, but to be a husband to his American wife.

:thumbs: Liv I wish you the best! (L)

Ditto. But, it really seems like he's taking a huge risk. I just can't imagine going through this huge process only to have husband say he's going to live with a family member, not his wife when he gets here. Wouldn't that feel risky, careless, and disrespectful of the marriage and the life with wife?

Lots of members report after the receiving the visa the overseas spouse go and visit their families before being reunited. Usually though, its not in the USA. It might be unusual, but its a stretch to call it fraudulent as suggested above.

I think there's some confusion. From the original posts about it (I tried to find them but couldn't; don't know if they were deleted or I didn't look good enough) - it sounds like he's not just visiting his sister. He's going to be living with her for an undetermined amount of time. I agree - I think it'd be odd for him to visit his sister first, but I'm not referring to just a visit. If I understood the original posts about it correctly, he'll be living with his sister, to take care of her children while she goes to school. There's no set date on when he'll then be moving to the city/state his wife lives; no set date on when he'll be living with his wife. Wouldn't that raise suspicion? I agree with Kenza - don't know if the govt/visa workers will accept that.

Alright. I have three DHL numbers I'm tracking.

#1:

Monday, September 07, 2009 Scheduled for delivery as agreed 11:19 Cairo - Egypt

#2:

Monday, September 07, 2009 Scheduled for delivery as agreed 11:32 Cairo - Egypt

#3:

Monday, August 24, 2009 Delivered - Signed for by : US 08:51 Cairo - Egypt

What does the "US" part mean? Why is there activity on TWO numbers today? Anybody?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
I'm pretty sure Lisa posted something to this effect already...but, isn't the whole reason he was granted a visa to come to the US was so that he could live with his wife? The fact that he's not going to be living with his wife - won't that constitute fraud in some way? I'm no expert, just wondering. It seems odd at best, incredibly suspect at worst. THe husband's a doctor, right? If I'm a govt employee looking at and evaluating the situation, I'd be wondering why he's living near one of the best hospitals in the country, with his sister (also a doctor?) and not his wife. It seems like false pretenses all the way around - to you; to the govt, etc. He wasn't approved for a visa to be a nanny to his sister, but to be a husband to his American wife.

Ditto. But, it really seems like he's taking a huge risk. I just can't imagine going through this huge process only to have husband say he's going to live with a family member, not his wife when he gets here. Wouldn't that feel risky, careless, and disrespectful of the marriage and the life with wife?

Lots of members report after the receiving the visa the overseas spouse go and visit their families before being reunited. Usually though, its not in the USA. It might be unusual, but its a stretch to call it fraudulent as suggested above.

I think there's some confusion. From the original posts about it (I tried to find them but couldn't; don't know if they were deleted or I didn't look good enough) - it sounds like he's not just visiting his sister. He's going to be living with her for an undetermined amount of time. I agree - I think it'd be odd for him to visit his sister first, but I'm not referring to just a visit. If I understood the original posts about it correctly, he'll be living with his sister, to take care of her children while she goes to school. There's no set date on when he'll then be moving to the city/state his wife lives; no set date on when he'll be living with his wife. Wouldn't that raise suspicion? I agree with Kenza - don't know if the govt/visa workers will accept that.

yes, because there are lots of babysitters and day care centers in America! < my specialty lol

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

yep, msheesha...thats what i was saying earlier

in many fraud cases, the spouse gets the visa and never even goes to the USC spouse... im not saying this is the case for liv's hubby, my point is that many ppl do that but they arent counting on AOS, they just come and stay illegally.

The problem for them will be when doing AOS, when they apply for AOS and the officer sees that he didnt come and live with his wife right away(especially if he stays with his sis for a longer time) and that his wife wasnt his first concern, they might see that as highly suspect.

the AOS is the biggie here. Also the fact that the consulate has IN PRINT that he has intentions of going to stay with his sis and not his wife could be a dealbreaker IHMO(if i was an officer)

like i said Olivia, Im sorry you're going through all of this and i hope he makes the right desicion and you have him with you SOON. :) also congrats on the dhl movement.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

yes, because there are lots of babysitters and day care centers in America! < my specialty lol

Not to mention, lots of hospitals, including Johns Hopkins, have daycare centers specifically for the children of students, staff, and faculty.

yep, msheesha...thats what i was saying earlier

in many fraud cases, the spouse gets the visa and never even goes to the USC spouse... im not saying this is the case for liv's hubby, my point is that many ppl do that but they arent counting on AOS, they just come and stay illegally.

The problem for them will be when doing AOS, when they apply for AOS and the officer sees that he didnt come and live with his wife right away(especially if he stays with his sis for a longer time) and that his wife wasnt his first concern, they might see that as highly suspect.

the AOS is the biggie here. Also the fact that the consulate has IN PRINT that he has intentions of going to stay with his sis and not his wife could be a dealbreaker IHMO(if i was an officer)

like i said Olivia, Im sorry you're going through all of this and i hope he makes the right desicion and you have him with you SOON. :) also congrats on the dhl movement.

I agree - it's an awful thing to go through. Also, given the career aspect of it - everyone in the family are doctors? Wanting to be near a hospital like Johns Hopkins could make it seem like he's only interested in his career. Like Lisa said, not saying this is the case, but it seems to look very bad from all angles.

Do a search in the AOS forums for "living together". There are many examples of people who didn't live together right from the start, yet were filing AOS; one even stated not for 5 months. It's not unheard of, certainly not ideal, but doesn't necessarily mean they will have a monster of a time proving their relationship. Of course one has to be prepared, especially if they AOS right away and are called for an interview and haven't lived together at all on US soil yet. Alternatively - it simply may never come up.

It might not matter anyway - seems he changes his mind often, and hopefully when faced with actually having to make the decision he will make it this whole point moot.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks LaL I'll have to look into the AOS forum. I've been updating my best friend and Mom almost daily and my best friend yelled over the phone the other day, "Geesh can he make up his mind!?"

Waleed and I spoke yesterday and he said he is thinking he would fly with his Sister to Baltimore and stay with her until Thanksgiving Break when he can catch me in Boise. I'm sorta sad I'll miss his first snow here and that he'll only have 3 weeks with me in Moscow on my campus when I get him. He'll be super cold too. His Sister said if her Husband isn't with her yet to take care of the kids she'll just have to take time off from her work and studies then. That her Husband can't give up the lawsuit now while he's already gone before the newspapers and television. Mom says if Waleed's going to go for a month that two months isn't going to make much more of a different anyways he might as well stay until December when my finals are over and meet us in Boise for Christmas to start our life. I haven't suggested that to him but I did go over that it's more reasonable for Mahmoud to keep the girls with him and have extended family help him while his Sister goes ahead. Waleed said they are nearly 2 and 5 and have never been separated from their Mom before and the Dad has never been a single parent before. My Mom agrees that no Mom is going to leave her little kids behind. I don't have kids so I don't really know but I'm still thinking to write the Sister and explain the stress and risks this is putting on my family and discuss their other options. Waleed wants to handle it himself.

Update: The visa says the same movement as yesterday. "Scheduled for delivery as agreed."

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
Alright. I have three DHL numbers I'm tracking.

#1:

Monday, September 07, 2009 Scheduled for delivery as agreed 11:19 Cairo - Egypt

#2:

Monday, September 07, 2009 Scheduled for delivery as agreed 11:32 Cairo - Egypt

#3:

Monday, August 24, 2009 Delivered - Signed for by : US 08:51 Cairo - Egypt

What does the "US" part mean? Why is there activity on TWO numbers today? Anybody?

Doesnt that mean, it was signed by the US Embassy and sent on to be delivered???

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Thanksgiving isnt bad Olivia! That sounds much better than an undeternmined amount of time :) LaL had a good suggestion to check it out over there, there may be some couples with some tips on how to address it. :thumbs:

Jackie,

Hows it going sis? The year sure is flying...almost there honey!

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Thanks LaL I'll have to look into the AOS forum. I've been updating my best friend and Mom almost daily and my best friend yelled over the phone the other day, "Geesh can he make up his mind!?"

Waleed and I spoke yesterday and he said he is thinking he would fly with his Sister to Baltimore and stay with her until Thanksgiving Break when he can catch me in Boise. I'm sorta sad I'll miss his first snow here and that he'll only have 3 weeks with me in Moscow on my campus when I get him. He'll be super cold too. His Sister said if her Husband isn't with her yet to take care of the kids she'll just have to take time off from her work and studies then. That her Husband can't give up the lawsuit now while he's already gone before the newspapers and television. Mom says if Waleed's going to go for a month that two months isn't going to make much more of a different anyways he might as well stay until December when my finals are over and meet us in Boise for Christmas to start our life. I haven't suggested that to him but I did go over that it's more reasonable for Mahmoud to keep the girls with him and have extended family help him while his Sister goes ahead. Waleed said they are nearly 2 and 5 and have never been separated from their Mom before and the Dad has never been a single parent before. My Mom agrees that no Mom is going to leave her little kids behind. I don't have kids so I don't really know but I'm still thinking to write the Sister and explain the stress and risks this is putting on my family and discuss their other options. Waleed wants to handle it himself.

Update: The visa says the same movement as yesterday. "Scheduled for delivery as agreed."

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I have seen this from a couple different people in the last few days... The "Scheduled for delivery as agreed." isn't actually any real movement of your package, DHL says that that's just the message that their computer updates with when the system updates itself. We had nearly two months of "Scheduled for delivery as agreed."... It wasn't until we got the message that said "Departed facility, Cairo" or something about arriving at a sort facility that we knew there was some real activity, and by that time we had already gotten word that the visa had been printed from DOS. I would rely more on DOS (quicker than emailing the embassy!) than I would on the DHL tracking. :)

Timeline

One more thing. When should I begin to start calling DOS? After 9/13 which is the end of the 2-3 week period they said it would take with no AP?

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

he probably wont be without you for his first snow, i doubt it will snow before thanksgiving in baltimore. im sure it has happened but it doesnt usually.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

he probably wont be without you for his first snow, i doubt it will snow before thanksgiving in baltimore. im sure it has happened but it doesnt usually.

oh and i wouldnt write the sister to say that she is giving you stress, sounds like she is in stress herself, not good for family relations. i have a 2 and 6 year old and wouldnt leave them except in the case of urgent business for a couple of days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.