~Jackie~

MENA CR1/K3/K1 filers

3,107 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
My hubby and I got approval on 130 today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now we start the NVC journey!!!! :star:

GREAT! Good luck through NVC, I hope its speedy :D

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
My hubby and I got approval on 130 today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now we start the NVC journey!!!! :star:

Mabrook!! Inchallah the rest will be easy and smooth :)

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance: Its going to move fast now April at NVC for you!!!! Get ready!!!!

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congrats :star:

We're still waiting on movement with DHL today.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Congrats April!

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Timeline

Ok just found out that 3 days ago he emailed the Embassy about seeing if he could travel to his sisters and help her and then come to me. He is just telling me this now. So...change in plans girls..Vegas I may be going solo. :whistle:

Also I told him why doesn't he just call the Embassy and ask them himself and find out if they don't email him. I'm letting this one go. Outta my hands nothing I can do.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

OMG, he may have just f'd up his chances big time by doing that. :( They may just hold his visa for something like that!! im sorry

Im sure you have a support system around you, but if you ever need to vent...shoot me a PM,k :luv:

i wish i could go to the meetup..i'd love to meet you chicas :D

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Ok just found out that 3 days ago he emailed the Embassy about seeing if he could travel to his sisters and help her and then come to me. He is just telling me this now. So...change in plans girls..Vegas I may be going solo. :whistle:

Also I told him why doesn't he just call the Embassy and ask them himself and find out if they don't email him. I'm letting this one go. Outta my hands nothing I can do.

When you call the embassy, they don't allow you to ask case-related questions over the phone, they just do general inquiries... they make you email them if you have case-specific questions.

Still no movement at DHL but I dreamed last night they got the dates mixed up on our visa and there were several dates of delivery scribble on there but they had our paperwork and photos and the date I got they would send it was Sept 9th. I wonder if that's just because that's the date I associate with the visa? 9/9

We had to send stuff by DHL, like, five times. One of those DHL tracking numbers had a bunch of movement yet when I went to check it tonight the number is gone, no tracking, not found, just gone. I hope that's just a DHL problem.

We had this issue with the visa package, except that it disappeared from tracking on the US site, but it was still trackable on the Egyptian site. It WAS weird. I figured it had just like... timed out of the American system or something. Who knows :wacko:

Timeline

No movement on DHL today.

I'm not gonna be cheery on the couch today so welcome to my pity party. My heart and mind are not well. For the second time in this relationship I feel betrayed and like a knife was stuck in my heart and I am bleeding pain and hurt and the tears stay stinging in my eyes. My heart doesn't lie to me. I try to focus in class but my mind drifts to what's going on with us and I cry at the most random moments. This whole time leading up to the interview and period after the interview has been a roller coaster. I try to tell myself to snap out of it and be strong. That it's not all his fault being stuck between me and a family situation and this miserable visa process. But after getting the news yesterday from him and now knowing he lied to me those few days ago that he was coming to me while really he was still trying to find a way to make it work with his obligation he felt to his Sister leaves me heart broken. After everything I have been through with this man - loving him - standing by him - going through this miserable visa process for him. The truth of knowing that I am not important enough to him and that he is willing to go behind my back and email the embassy taking these risks and not believing what I tell him and possibly ruin any chance of ever coming here now with them and ruin our entire future to save face with his family makes my heart bleed. Even if it's a legitimate reason and the Embassy can check that his Sister and daughters were issued visas and what for. I tell myself if we'd just gone for the IR-1 instead of the K3 with it's conditional green card status then him going to help his sister on the other side of the continent with her two daughters wouldn't be an issue when he got here. It's not like we don't qualify for it. I don't know what's going to happen but I know I'm not in a good place to talk to him right now.

It was comforting to spend hours on the phone last night with someone easy to talk to and is a good friend. (L) I'm heading to Boise for the weekend and going to spend time around my friends and family. I hope you all have a good weekend.

Edited by ~Flower~

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Thanks for opening up to us Liv. Enjoy your weekend and try to relax and take a break away from all of those thoughts. I think you know that he doesnt see it as a betrayal. I dont think he is purposly trying to go behind your back so to speak. That doesnt make the feelings go away, but maybe easier to swallow.

you know, you can still do the IR1 if need be......

Thanks!

Timeline

have a good long weekend everyone. be careful

Its time to go home!! yippeeee :P

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.