~Jackie~

MENA CR1/K3/K1 filers

3,107 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I am faced with an AOS situation myself. Olivia (F)

We will have to explain and prove why he got a visa in June...and did not use it til December :blink:

In my eyes...if a visa is issued it should be used. I hope when we get to the AOS process, the interviewer see it 'his way'.

I told him today that after Eid I want him to be more persistant in getting approval to leave Jordan. It's time. I'm losing patientce fast.

Jackie (F)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I thought delaying the arrival is acceptable as the process of living together on the K3 visa doesn't begin until they touch our soil and pass through POE. Some people have to wait and save money to buy plane tickets and that is why they make it good for 6 months no?

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I am faced with an AOS situation myself. Olivia (F)

We will have to explain and prove why he got a visa in June...and did not use it til December :blink:

In my eyes...if a visa is issued it should be used. I hope when we get to the AOS process, the interviewer see it 'his way'.

I told him today that after Eid I want him to be more persistant in getting approval to leave Jordan. It's time. I'm losing patientce fast.

Jackie (F)

Jackie, I don't mean to be nosey, but I've been curious about your situation for a while... do you mind sharing?

I don't mind at all. I love talking about my hubby :)

Ibrahim is a government employee. They sign yearly contracts at the end of December. He interviewed last year on Dec 1. IF he had gotten his visa, he could have not signed, and come home. But due to being on AP, end of Dec came~had no idea when the visa would be approved~~ so he signed for the year of 2009 :(

At that point, I really didnt care when AP ended. We have known since last January that he could not come til Dec '09. (its ALMOST HERE!)

He got his visa in the beginning of June, and now we wait out the year til they realease him to fly. My fear is that they will never let him leave. Then what?

I tried being pushy with him (ok, thats an understatement..lol) I tried to threaten, cajole and to no avail. I can only hope he tries get an exit date so I have something to look forward to.

Jax (F)

olivia~ actually the k3 is good for exit for 2 full years. Six months is for the CR1 and K1.

Edited by ♥J+I♥

Timeline

So he has 2 years to leave? And the visa is only good for two years right? So the clock doesn't start when they touch our soil at POE it starts when they get their visa?

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

I guess so.

I didnt think ahead to AOS and when it needs to be completed by.

When Ibrahim comes, ..yea I see your point. He will have only a year to get AOS filed and interviewed, OR file and pay for an extension.

I knew of the 'leave within 6 month' rule...and that wasnt gonna be possible for us. So he inquired and so did I, and its true, he can leave anytime in the 2 years to activate the visa.

Olivia, have you asked him what his sister would do if his visa wasn't approved, or if he'd been put into AP? I'm thinking she'd find a way to manage without his "help" just fine, don't you?

From my understanding after many emails and much research is:

K1 and Cr1 have 6 months from issuance to activate the visa at a POE

K3~~has 2 years from issuance to get here and have the AOS interview. If married less than 2 years at interview, 2 year GC. If married more than 2 years, 10 year GC.

Timeline

Ok so if he gets the visa in hand around Sept 9, 2009 then we have until Sept 9, 2011 to apply for AOS. He says he is willing to fly here the first week of October so he's already minused us 1 month. Then if/when he stays with his Sister in Baltimore to help her with the two little girls it may go as far as the week before Christmas which minuses us 3.5 months. In the perspective of AOS 3.5 months could have been used up waiting to purchase a ticket or whatever. 3.5 months not together, but for a valid reason, out of 2 years leaves us 20.5 months to build evidence and proof. That's over a year and a half showing we do have a mutually supportive and ongoing relationship even if he wasn't with me at the begining.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

jackie,

i dont think you will have any issues with questions about the delay of him coming in connection to your guys' AOS

olivia,

ihavequestions raises a very vaild point which im sure you have thought of and makes it even more frustrating.

you are in my thoughts liv...this truly sucks for you guys.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

So if the process takes a year then at the latest I have to file Sept 9, 2010 really? That leaves us with 8.5 months to build evidence and show proof. :(

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Olivia, just what kind of "help" will he be providing? Cooking? Cleaning? Day care? Just being the man of the house?

What's wrong with her delaying her education a little bit, sitting in Egypt with her husband, then returning together?

Again, what would his sister do if the circumstances were a little different? How is she managing NOW?

Personally, it doesn't make sense.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.