S and S

Its Caturday MENA!

305 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
In fact, I got so worried about it that I went and did all the fertility tests just to make sure I could have children. I came back good other than I didn't ovulate on time one month. The doctor said if I had any problems the only thing I would need is some medicine to make me ovulate regularly. Thank God I shouldn't have any problems and have that reassurance. I drove my husband crazy with those tests, but I was married once before and never got pregnant (though we weren't really trying).

You can try those ovulation predictor thingies too. I just used them long enough to pair my really obvious symptoms with my schedule.. so now I know when it's about to, is happening, and is past.

I'm going to try doing things natural for the first few months he gets here. If that doesn't work I will try the ovulation tests. I just don't want to stress us out in the beginning. As for the fertility tests, I discovered too late that you must be desperate to go through all of those. Some of them are rather invasive and painful!

The biological clock is also the other factor. Women in my family have their menopause earlier than most. Plus one side of the family has difficult births. Hopefully I didn't get that side.

I hope you didn't get that side either. Hopefully you can resolve everything and have a baby soon. I think it will be such a wonderful experience no one should miss out on.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Ya I want my own babies. :crying: Ooooooh but nearly everytime we talk we go rounds on how to raise them which puts off having them even longer. At first I was willing to raise them Muslim but now after everything I've learned from ppl on here, and converts, and independent research, and stuff his sister sends me I'm thinking it's better not to have them at all then raise them Muslim. He's willing to just have me if this is the case but it's very sad for both of us when we both want them. He tells me to consider the sources where I learn things and is hopeful that after six months living in Egypt that I will have a change of heart and see a different side of Islam then what I have learned about. I admitted to him I am still young at learning about it but there are things I just can not accept and would never want my kids to learn those things. When I point out does her really want his kids to learn that it's ok to have more than one wife and it's ok to beat your wife it becomes a mute point. I don't know what to do.

Yeah, you have got to agree on how to raise them before having them! We agree, but it would cause a flame war up in here lol so I'm not talking about it. Anyway, it's not going to be an issue.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline
Then we will get to see S and S rotating baby siggy pix! I love watching the mena babies grow up.

That would be nice. Yes, I love to see the baby pics too. So many of the girls have such adorable babies here in MENA.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Ya I want my own babies. :crying: Ooooooh but nearly everytime we talk we go rounds on how to raise them which puts off having them even longer. At first I was willing to raise them Muslim but now after everything I've learned from ppl on here, and converts, and independent research, and stuff his sister sends me I'm thinking it's better not to have them at all then raise them Muslim. He's willing to just have me if this is the case but it's very sad for both of us when we both want them. He tells me to consider the sources where I learn things and is hopeful that after six months living in Egypt that I will have a change of heart and see a different side of Islam then what I have learned about. I admitted to him I am still young at learning about it but there are things I just can not accept and would never want my kids to learn those things. When I point out does her really want his kids to learn that it's ok to have more than one wife and it's ok to beat your wife it becomes a mute point. I don't know what to do.

Yeah, you have got to agree on how to raise them before having them! We agree, but it would cause a flame war up in here lol so I'm not talking about it. Anyway, it's not going to be an issue.

:D We haven't had a good flame war lately. I was just commenting the other day that VJ seemed slow lately.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
Oh God, I know what you mean. I hate hearing the clock tick. My husband wants lots of kids and I keep saying that as I get older this will limit my ability for that. Then again, his mother had her last one at age 45 and he came out healthy though much younger than the rest of his siblings.

Yeah, Ammar is the youngest and his mom had 13 (2 died as children) and had him at 46. He thinks we have loads of time.

I'm going to try doing things natural for the first few months he gets here. If that doesn't work I will try the ovulation tests. I just don't want to stress us out in the beginning. As for the fertility tests, I discovered too late that you must be desperate to go through all of those. Some of them are rather invasive and painful!

These are pretty easy-- just wee on the stick. If you have obvious signs each month, it can be totally useless unless you jsut want to confirm them as what they are... otehrwise yeah, I can see there being a use for them if not paying atention doesn't work.

Then we will get to see S and S rotating baby siggy pix! I love watching the mena babies grow up.

Unless baby pics are banned. I haven't asked that yet for me and him. I bet they are!

Timeline

Yeah, raising children definitely requires some compromise and discussion. Me and my husband have had to battle out a few issues. One of the more simple ones was about earrings. I know most women in the middle east pierce their baby daughter's ears. I am against this. I don't care if they do it, but I don't want to do that. I feel like I'm doing a luxury that could hurt my baby and it doesn't even get a say. I told my husband I would rather wait until she is old enough to make that decision herself and take care of her ears herself. He said I was being silly and that it is better to do it young while they will not remember. God, I pierced my own ears before so I know it isn't that bad. Yet some people get infections and I would be heart broken if I caused my baby that. He still thinks we should get our daughters ears pierced as babies (God willing we have daughters). I said fine, he can take them, but I will have no part of it. Not even caring for the ears. He is a doctor, he can deal with it! He gave up and changed the conversations, lol.

Oh God, I know what you mean. I hate hearing the clock tick. My husband wants lots of kids and I keep saying that as I get older this will limit my ability for that. Then again, his mother had her last one at age 45 and he came out healthy though much younger than the rest of his siblings.

Yeah, Ammar is the youngest and his mom had 13 (2 died as children) and had him at 46. He thinks we have loads of time.

These are pretty easy-- just wee on the stick. If you have obvious signs each month, it can be totally useless unless you jsut want to confirm them as what they are... otehrwise yeah, I can see there being a use for them if not paying atention doesn't work.

Unless baby pics are banned. I haven't asked that yet for me and him. I bet they are!

I was just thinking my husband might not let me post baby pics. We will just have to see. Maybe if it is just the baby since no one is going to recognize it anyway. That will be up to him though.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ooooh Noooos!

Yeah, raising children definitely requires some compromise and discussion. Me and my husband have had to battle out a few issues. One of the more simple ones was about earrings. I know most women in the middle east pierce their baby daughter's ears. I am against this. I don't care if they do it, but I don't want to do that. I feel like I'm doing a luxury that could hurt my baby and it doesn't even get a say. I told my husband I would rather wait until she is old enough to make that decision herself and take care of her ears herself. He said I was being silly and that it is better to do it young while they will not remember. God, I pierced my own ears before so I know it isn't that bad. Yet some people get infections and I would be heart broken if I caused my baby that. He still thinks we should get our daughters ears pierced as babies (God willing we have daughters). I said fine, he can take them, but I will have no part of it. Not even caring for the ears. He is a doctor, he can deal with it! He gave up and changed the conversations, lol.

Ooops. I had mine pierced as a baby and to this day I wish my Mom hadn't because I'd like to have made the choice for myself when I was older. On the other hand I see his point. Gotta love those Doctor hubbies and changing the subject. :P

I was just thinking my husband might not let me post baby pics. We will just have to see. Maybe if it is just the baby since no one is going to recognize it anyway. That will be up to him though.

Oooooh Noooos! Not u 2!

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
Ooops. I had mine pierced as a baby and to this day I wish my Mom hadn't because I'd like to have made the choice for myself when I was older. On the other hand I see his point. Gotta love those Doctor hubbies and changing the subject.

lol, yes, my husband can be good at that. Like I said, I compromised, he can take our daughter(s) himself if he wants it so bad, lol.

Timeline

Oooo, we had the same discussion... especially since I was highly allergic to gold up until recently when it calmed down some. I told him it is NOT a good idea to pierce our daughter's ears young... I don't like it and I am afraid they will have my same allergy to metals (because it's not jsut gold for me-- also stainless, surgical steel, titanium, etc-- everything except sterling silver).

Timeline

Oooo, we had the same discussion... especially since I was highly allergic to gold up until recently when it calmed down some. I told him it is NOT a good idea to pierce our daughter's ears young... I don't like it and I am afraid they will have my same allergy to metals (because it's not jsut gold for me-- also stainless, surgical steel, titanium, etc-- everything except sterling silver).

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. Most people don't understand my point. I don't see what the problem is with waiting until they are older.

Timeline
Is it the germanic genetics julianna? Just wondering coz this fair skin of mine gets rashes easy.

I don't know... I'm pretty good about not getting an allergic reaction to anythig on teh surface of my skin-- only metals I ingest or that are pierced inside or certain things like beef... I am sensitive to poison ivy at the moment, but that's because i had a bad break out years ago.

Timeline

OK, word is (since I just called):

"What kind of present is the winner getting?"

"A gift."

"What kind of gift?"

"A present."

*Sigh*

"Can I post pictures of our babies on the itnernet?"

"Only to show close friends."

"So I can post them."

"Yes..."

Timeline
OK, word is (since I just called):

"What kind of present is the winner getting?"

"A gift."

"What kind of gift?"

"A present."

*Sigh*

"Can I post pictures of our babies on the itnernet?"

"Only to show close friends."

"So I can post them."

"Yes..."

Oh, lucky you! I think I'll wait to ask. Once we have babies he will be so excited maybe he will not care.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.