S and S

Its Caturday MENA!

305 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Do they pay you less because you save on gas? Mom's work wants to send them home to work but pay them less? Does that make any sense to do seeing as it saves them electicity and internet bills and phone bills, ect?

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Yohoho and a bottle of rum! Arrr!

Hey Julianna do u like ur new job?

Yeah, it's OK. I'm more counting down teh days until I get to STOP WORKING outside the house. WHat a dream that will be.

ur working at home?

No, right now I work a "job." But, see, as soon as we get close to paying off my student loan I get to QUIT WORKING which sounds awesome. I;ve worked for enough years now. I said stop working outside the house because that coincides with babies and when he has some kind of schedule for me to keep things immaculately clean so that's kinda a job... but it's a job where i don't have to see idiots.

no, i'm actually at home and trying to stay up late because we're going to 12 hour shifts on sat night. this time around i drew the 1900-0700 shift.

So will you work 3-12 hour shifts or do you get overtime? I saw you said overtime in another thread. My husband's work is thinking about moving them to 4-10hour shifts to try to cut costs on overtime. What do you do?

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline
Do they pay you less because you save on gas? Mom's work wants to send them home to work but pay them less? Does that make any sense to do seeing as it saves them electicity and internet bills and phone bills, ect?

Sounds like they are looking for a way to cut budget.

Timeline

Yeah, it's OK. I'm more counting down teh days until I get to STOP WORKING outside the house. WHat a dream that will be.

ur working at home?

No, right now I work a "job." But, see, as soon as we get close to paying off my student loan I get to QUIT WORKING which sounds awesome. I;ve worked for enough years now. I said stop working outside the house because that coincides with babies and when he has some kind of schedule for me to keep things immaculately clean so that's kinda a job... but it's a job where i don't have to see idiots.

I was hit the other day surprisingly with envy and sadness when Waleed told us a mutual friend of our got married two months ago and his new wife is already pregnant. I was finding myself wishing it was us. Waleed told me "They are in a position where they are ready for that." I know it's true but still couldn't help the way I felt about it.

Yeah probably.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

ur working at home?

I was hit the other day surprisingly with envy and sadness when Waleed told us a mutual friend of our got married two months ago and his new wife is already pregnant. I was finding myself wishing it was us. Waleed told me "They are in a position where they are ready for that." I know it's true but still couldn't help the way I felt about it.

Yeah probably.

I want babies so bad myself. Problem is I kind of need my husband, say, less than 6000 miles away to accomplish such a goal, lol.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Timeline

He says a transatlantic international relationship is one thing but babies are outta the question till we're settled with our feet under us. I understand all that and sometimes convience myself of that and then my nature gets baby fever.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
He says a transatlantic international relationship is one thing but babies are outta the question till we're settled with our feet under us. I understand all that and sometimes convience myself of that and then my nature gets baby fever.

I think we all hit a certain age where the need to have babies comes and we have a hard time pushing the feeling away. Right now my neighbor is pregnant, my former neighbor just had a baby, my sister just had her baby a few weeks ago, two of my cousins are due within the next 6 weeks, a couple of girls at work are pregnant, and one of my close friends had her baby a couple weeks ago. I swear it is everywhere I look and makes me feel sad that I haven't had that experience yet. A syrian woman at work made the mistake of telling me I know nothing about children because I am not a mother and I blew up on her. I felt bad for doing that, but she said it in a rude way like I was lacking or something. She knows I'm waiting for my husband to come and there is nothing I can do.

Timeline

Welcome to the story of my life. I know he wants them too but he refuses to have them now because of the SL. No ammount of talking to him is going to change that.

I guess I should put on a disclaimer: I don't envy other people and I certainly don't want their babies. I want my OWN baby. It realy has nothing to do with others.

Timeline

Welcome to the story of my life. I know he wants them too but he refuses to have them now because of the SL. No ammount of talking to him is going to change that.

I guess I should put on a disclaimer: I don't envy other people and I certainly don't want their babies. I want my OWN baby. It realy has nothing to do with others.

I'll borrow your disclaimer. I am always happy for others who have babies. I think it is great to see others and their joy of having children. I just want my own child too.

Timeline
I think we all hit a certain age where the need to have babies comes and we have a hard time pushing the feeling away. Right now my neighbor is pregnant, my former neighbor just had a baby, my sister just had her baby a few weeks ago, two of my cousins are due within the next 6 weeks, a couple of girls at work are pregnant, and one of my close friends had her baby a couple weeks ago. I swear it is everywhere I look and makes me feel sad that I haven't had that experience yet. A syrian woman at work made the mistake of telling me I know nothing about children because I am not a mother and I blew up on her. I felt bad for doing that, but she said it in a rude way like I was lacking or something. She knows I'm waiting for my husband to come and there is nothing I can do.

Oh, I hate that. I also hate it when they look at you with pity and say, "it's OK, you still have some time." I had a friend call me who is pregnant for the 4th time and lecture me on the number of children we want versus my age and how unless I do them back to back I am going to get past that magic 35 age. Like i don't already know that??

Timeline

In fact, I got so worried about it that I went and did all the fertility tests just to make sure I could have children. I came back good other than I didn't ovulate on time one month. The doctor said if I had any problems the only thing I would need is some medicine to make me ovulate regularly. Thank God I shouldn't have any problems and have that reassurance. I drove my husband crazy with those tests, but I was married once before and never got pregnant (though we weren't really trying).

Timeline

Ya I want my own babies. :crying: Ooooooh but nearly everytime we talk we go rounds on how to raise them which puts off having them even longer. At first I was willing to raise them Muslim but now after everything I've learned from ppl on here, and converts, and independent research, and stuff his sister sends me I'm thinking it's better not to have them at all then raise them Muslim. He's willing to just have me if this is the case but it's very sad for both of us when we both want them. He tells me to consider the sources where I learn things and is hopeful that after six months living in Egypt that I will have a change of heart and see a different side of Islam then what I have learned about. I admitted to him I am still young at learning about it but there are things I just can not accept and would never want my kids to learn those things. When I point out does her really want his kids to learn that it's ok to have more than one wife and it's ok to beat your wife it becomes a mute point. I don't know what to do.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Oh, I hate that. I also hate it when they look at you with pity and say, "it's OK, you still have some time." I had a friend call me who is pregnant for the 4th time and lecture me on the number of children we want versus my age and how unless I do them back to back I am going to get past that magic 35 age. Like i don't already know that??

Oh God, I know what you mean. I hate hearing the clock tick. My husband wants lots of kids and I keep saying that as I get older this will limit my ability for that. Then again, his mother had her last one at age 45 and he came out healthy though much younger than the rest of his siblings.

Timeline
In fact, I got so worried about it that I went and did all the fertility tests just to make sure I could have children. I came back good other than I didn't ovulate on time one month. The doctor said if I had any problems the only thing I would need is some medicine to make me ovulate regularly. Thank God I shouldn't have any problems and have that reassurance. I drove my husband crazy with those tests, but I was married once before and never got pregnant (though we weren't really trying).

You can try those ovulation predictor thingies too. I just used them long enough to pair my really obvious symptoms with my schedule.. so now I know when it's about to, is happening, and is past.

Timeline

The biological clock is also the other factor. Women in my family have their menopause earlier than most. Plus one side of the family has difficult births. Hopefully I didn't get that side.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.