sussemadel

hanging in there are you ok??

60 posts in this topic

Kat you are in my thoughts. Do you have family or friends you can turn to at this time? Someone who can help you out with the 3-year old? Someone who can help a little with some of the bills? I am just so worried for you and your baby with all this stress. Your health is really important.

Ignore desert fox, s/he just likes to stir the pot. This thread is about Wahrania and supporting her.

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wahrania,

It is super stressful getting pregnant or being pregnant after your SO comes, we were pregnant 2 1/2 months after my husband came and he only got his work permit 3 weeks before our son was born. I also had a 1 1/2 year old when he came. It was suuuuper stressful and he was sooo depressed and I was so emotional. He was 21 when he came and I was 20 so age is really not an excuse. There are times when I have had to remind him regardless of his age he is no longer a child and he has a family and children. The sending money home issue has come to rear its ugly head a few times. However we have compromised and budgeted in $300 a month that gets sent to his family. This might sound like too much (trust me I second guess it too) BUT we had to compromise or it would be a constant battle. Not to mention that his brothers and sisters abroad (3 of them) all do the same thing to help the 6 in Morocco. Don't resign yourself to divorce yet, people handle adjustment different ways and I think it's way too early to know what will come. My husband has been here almost 3 years now and we still have our funks and issues. Wait to see what will happen when the baby comes. If you want to chat anytime feel free to PM me.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Get this.... I married my first husband at 19 because he was in the service and it had better benefits if we were married...... I was young and stupid I know did it better our lives yep... more money more support and Pssssst NO GREENCARD was involved. So it happens all the time for whatever reason I am SICK and tired of hearing this...

Sorry guys tired... just tired

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Get this.... I married my first husband at 19 because he was in the service and it had better benefits if we were married...... I was young and stupid I know did it better our lives yep... more money more support and Pssssst NO GREENCARD was involved. So it happens all the time for whatever reason I am SICK and tired of hearing this...

I (L) u, Rajaa.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Wahrania,

It is super stressful getting pregnant or being pregnant after your SO comes, we were pregnant 2 1/2 months after my husband came and he only got his work permit 3 weeks before our son was born. I also had a 1 1/2 year old when he came. It was suuuuper stressful and he was sooo depressed and I was so emotional. He was 21 when he came and I was 20 so age is really not an excuse. There are times when I have had to remind him regardless of his age he is no longer a child and he has a family and children. The sending money home issue has come to rear its ugly head a few times. However we have compromised and budgeted in $300 a month that gets sent to his family. This might sound like too much (trust me I second guess it too) BUT we had to compromise or it would be a constant battle. Not to mention that his brothers and sisters abroad (3 of them) all do the same thing to help the 6 in Morocco. Don't resign yourself to divorce yet, people handle adjustment different ways and I think it's way too early to know what will come. My husband has been here almost 3 years now and we still have our funks and issues. Wait to see what will happen when the baby comes. If you want to chat anytime feel free to PM me.

I agree. My Husband and I are not only family planning, we're financially planning, and we both agree to plan to take care of both sets of our parents.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Whatever you do Kat, take care of your kids and yourself. He is a big boy.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I (L) u, Rajaa.

:star: (((((( Olivia))))))

:thumbs: kids always come first

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

I (L) u, Rajaa.

:star: (((((( Olivia))))))

:thumbs: kids always come first

((((Olivia, Rajaa, heck EVERYbody))))

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

I agree with ...i think it was MrsAmerah. Granted some of the things he has done are uncalled for and just plain "not ok" but that doesn't mean it has to be over. Get thru ur pregnancy and have a healthy baby first. Then it will be time to calmly sit down and discuss both yours and his expectations on the relationship. Wether u knew each other well before he got here or not, he is here now so it is time to start getting to know how each other "ticks". It is very hard to adjust to each other. Some ppl have no trouble at all but honestly, the majority of these relationships have many difficulties that are not spoken of on VJ. You should have my yahoo id so please feel free to email or message me anytime.

Love ya girl

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
I agree with ...i think it was MrsAmerah. Granted some of the things he has done are uncalled for and just plain "not ok" but that doesn't mean it has to be over. Get thru ur pregnancy and have a healthy baby first. Then it will be time to calmly sit down and discuss both yours and his expectations on the relationship. Wether u knew each other well before he got here or not, he is here now so it is time to start getting to know how each other "ticks". It is very hard to adjust to each other. Some ppl have no trouble at all but honestly, the majority of these relationships have many difficulties that are not spoken of on VJ. You should have my yahoo id so please feel free to email or message me anytime.

Love ya girl

(F) amal (F)

Thats a good point. I know of lots of relationships where you thought it wasn't worth it and couldn't work. Then the husband and wife slowly worked things out and became happy together. Some people just take a little more time to mature. Maybe once he sees his child and realizes his responsibility then he will start shaping up. No one changes over night, but it doesn't mean it couldn't happen.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: Timeline

Love ya girl

(F) amal (F)

I have decided that my husband is the short guy in night at the roxbury

WHAT IS LOVE BABY DONT HURT ME DONT HURT ME NO MORE...with more body hair and a nicer face

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
He already has his conditional greencard and his id and social etc. Its awful hard to prove exactly that he is using me for papers, especially when he has packed his bags several times and wanted to go home. ( I know the whole September 11th thing is messed up ... but so is all the ####### he is doing> I was thinking about hiring the marines to do a gun salute in front of my birthing door... like hey girl we got your back. I just feel so sad but the positive thing is that my kids ( my son and little girl) seem to be doing really ok and are very happy about school starting. If he wants to perv on the computer or even leave me, its better I deal with that reality now than later. I have a new baby coming who means the world to me and a 3 year old little girl in therapy 3 times a week and ESE classes starting in the fall. I cant pay alll my attention to pervert over there and all the internet romances etc. I am horrified at what he s doing. There are so many things wrong on so many levels but I have got to deal with things one thing at a time. I cant get mad about him sending money home. For christs sake, he hasnt even gotten a job yet for me to be mad about. He has NO CONCEPT about how much things cost nor does he see anything really wrong with telling a married woman in Canada that shes so beautiful and hes a rose for you my cherie.. God I wanna hurl

But... it's a conditional card and you two need to stay married or he has to prove that the divorce was unintended or that you were abusing him, etc.... He still isn't really "in" yet. Document as many things as you can. keep proof of this and that becuase you may really need it. If he's usuing you, he shouldn't get to stay!

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Timeline
He already has his conditional greencard and his id and social etc. Its awful hard to prove exactly that he is using me for papers, especially when he has packed his bags several times and wanted to go home. ( I know the whole September 11th thing is messed up ... but so is all the ####### he is doing> I was thinking about hiring the marines to do a gun salute in front of my birthing door... like hey girl we got your back. I just feel so sad but the positive thing is that my kids ( my son and little girl) seem to be doing really ok and are very happy about school starting. If he wants to perv on the computer or even leave me, its better I deal with that reality now than later. I have a new baby coming who means the world to me and a 3 year old little girl in therapy 3 times a week and ESE classes starting in the fall. I cant pay alll my attention to pervert over there and all the internet romances etc. I am horrified at what he s doing. There are so many things wrong on so many levels but I have got to deal with things one thing at a time. I cant get mad about him sending money home. For christs sake, he hasnt even gotten a job yet for me to be mad about. He has NO CONCEPT about how much things cost nor does he see anything really wrong with telling a married woman in Canada that shes so beautiful and hes a rose for you my cherie.. God I wanna hurl

But... it's a conditional card and you two need to stay married or he has to prove that the divorce was unintended or that you were abusing him, etc.... He still isn't really "in" yet. Document as many things as you can. keep proof of this and that becuase you may really need it. If he's usuing you, he shouldn't get to stay!

I have to go home now from the office so I will see you guys tomorrow. I am all mixed up about all of this. Its easy to give advice when its not you. When its you , it another story isnt it. I love him. But I cant say that I am not really unhappy right now

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.