Steve Y Jessica

Foreign women vs. American women

190 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
yeah, there's a reason for that.

You're not trying to get opinions... you're trying to start a stupid thread because you think hot-headed American women will come protest in defense... carried over from the 'where did she go thread'

Some of us 'fat, lazy, self-absorbed' American women are a little smarter than that.

It's really not our fault you 'gentlemen' can't get any in America... leave us alone, mmmmk? ;)

Well it isn't anything to do with looks. But now a days, the AVERAGE american woman is so caught up in herself that her family isn't important. They are so worried about TRYING to prove that they can do anything that a man can do.

If this is not you, then you none of this applies to you.

I have to say, I'm pretty hurt by what was said. Actually, very hurt. I don't think anyone should categorize American women in this way.

I'm actually in a relationship with a guy from a different country. I Didn't do it because I hate American men though. I actually love American guys, my father, uncle and cousins are ALL American guys, as are your mothers, sisters and aunts and cousins American women.

I must be a crappy, fat, mother, you know, being American and all. I actually love my children very much, and spend as much time with them as I possibly can. Unfortunately, a chain of events left me a single mother and that restricts the amount of time I have to be with them. I'm not all 'caught up in myself.' Does having to work because you need to take care of your family constitute being 'all into yourself?'

The reason why I'm not the "prototype housewife" is because my "American" ex left me with two kids alone, (as do many men) so I now go to school full time and work full time to provide a better life for my children. There's got to be something positive about me, and many other American women, going at it alone and doing it ourselves, not because we wanted to. Are we invisible?

There are over 10 million single mothers in America and the numbers keep rising. Most children live in single parent homes nowadays, especially in the area in which I live. I think there are a number of reasons for this.

I'm sorry that some people feel like this about American women. Luis loves the fact that I'm educated, independent, intelligent and capable of taking care of myself. But I would never, NEVER say I'm marrying him because American men aren't "good" enough. That's really horrible to say.

I just wanted to express my disgust with what was said, for the generalization, and I hope that people really reflect on the big picture before they make statements that could potentially be hurtful to other VJ members.

I thought (erroneously) that this was a thread for supportive discussion regarding our process, I guess not.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
Nessa u are like charles mention your name and u come running ha

does charles send you to the kitchen and help sometimes

Um. This is a very helpful site but this post is quite possibly the worst thing I've ever read in my life.

Seriously.

I"m wondering why it's still hanging about.

Disgusting.

Because that is where the woman belongs, in the kitchen!!! Now go make your man some food!!! :P

Yah cuz women are better at it?? !! LOL 'specially American women! Apple Pie..Roast Chicken....although we'd have to have a toss up between American, Argintinean and Brazilian women for who can cook best a nice thick steak cuz I know South Americans cook a mean one!

Dang...making myself hungry now!

I cook an awesome steak - and my Argentine man says it is "Da Bomb"! :lol:

Argentinos,the sexiest men in the planet !

Didn't you say somewhere else that Argentino men were the most sexist men on the planet? Will you make up your mind?

And, it is not only about knowing how to cook the steak, Argentina has the best steak.

Yes, Argentine men are typically very, very zexy! I love mine very much.

Argentina has great steak...America has great steak, but what makes them different are the cuts of meat. Lately, we have seen some of the Argentina cuts of meat up here, but down there it is a whole different ball game. Also, they tend to prefer their meat more well done, whereas in the US, we prefer more medium rare to medium.

All in all though, I love a good steak, and am damn happy that I know how to fix a great one. ;)

It's their accent (in Spanish) that makes me all .................................I don't know. :blush:

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

• 1 year later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

what is going on here, kids?

Oh my God, your baby sooooooooo cuuuuuuuuttteeeeeeeeeeee.

*K1 JOURNEY

2010-07-16****K1 Petition Sent Out

2010-08-08****NOA1 Hardcopy

2011-05-20****POE LAX

2011-06-20****Wedding

AOS:

2011-08-18****AOS Package Sent.

2011-09-29****Biometric Appt. Dover, Delaware

2011-10-18****RFE reply

2011-12-13****GC in hand

AP:

2011-10-31****File AP

2011-11-08****NOA1

2011-11-14****AP Approved

ROC:

2013-10-22***Package Sent

2013-11-03***Check Cashed

2013-11-05***NOA1
2013-11-25***Biometrics

2014-02-06***GC in hand dancin5hr.gif

5b904a1af6.gif

Way to drag up a 2 year old, inflammatory post. Hooray!

Seems like you'd have to spend an AWFUL lot of time here to dig up 2 year old threads in OT. How many pages ago would that be? :wacko:

24q38dy.jpg

Seems like you'd have to spend an AWFUL lot of time here to dig up 2 year old threads in OT. How many pages ago would that be? :wacko:

The precise number of pages is eleventy bajillion.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
:unsure:

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!