Nutty

Charlesandnessa

154 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
That's creepy.

Yeah, the police ran the plates and gave me the name of who the truck was registered to, but I didn't know the name. They couldn't pull him over because technically the guy didn't break any laws. They just followed him until he left their district. Then I got them to follow me home until I left their district. I avoided going near my home so the guy couldn't know where I lived. Thank God I realized he was following me because he had really only made two turns with me when I got suspicious (though was behind me for about 5 miles at least).

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

What a weirdo to follow you around!

Sometimes, some things are not worth trying to get out from-- like the picture on the internet thing. It's part of modesty but mostly protection in his eyes-- he once said to me something about how he couldn't imagine who all was seeing pictures of these people and who was making fun of it, jacking off, or whatever. It was his whole long speech about things and how someone could save it to their computer, etc. He sees this as being no different from not wanting your spouse to smoke or to insist they wear a seatbelt, or hope they don't show up topless out of the house. There's a whole list of things you actually wish your SO to do and hope they conform to doing, this just isn't one that comes up as often with two "western" people of average culture.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline
What a weirdo to follow you around!

Sometimes, some things are not worth trying to get out from-- like the picture on the internet thing. It's part of modesty but mostly protection in his eyes-- he once said to me something about how he couldn't imagine who all was seeing pictures of these people and who was making fun of it, jacking off, or whatever. It was his whole long speech about things and how someone could save it to their computer, etc. He sees this as being no different from not wanting your spouse to smoke or to insist they wear a seatbelt, or hope they don't show up topless out of the house. There's a whole list of things you actually wish your SO to do and hope they conform to doing, this just isn't one that comes up as often with two "western" people of average culture.

Exactly, better to pick the battles and in some ways our husbands are right. We don't know who is seeing the picture. My being a muslim means I should try to be conservative and my husband being Iraqi, I want to protect him. You never know who might see his picture and then see what I write and put things together. It isn't safe for him until he gets here.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline
I am glad you're safe. Hey I see DonnaA! All the ladies married to arab doctors are here. :P how r ya Donna?

doing good and u? just trying to wind down from working now.

Timeline
Sigh. There is a bathroom upstairs still calling my name to be cleaned. Queen of procrastination here.

I can do a quick clean on the bathroom this weekend since I worked for hours on it last weekend. No, the big project this weekend is the bedroom, primarily my closet. I only have a small one for myself and another small one for my husband when he gets here. I need to clear out the few things I threw in his closet, but my own closet is becoming a mess from lack of space. I really just need a bigger apartment. I have to keep putting things in my storage unit :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Oh! I cleaned out a space in the closet for him a year ago before everything went down with the Egyptian Military. :(

My Mom has 4 storage units and one of them is big enough to fit an RV and it's totally packed.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
Oh! I cleaned out a space in the closet for him a year ago before everything went down with the Egyptian Military. :(

My Mom has 4 storage units and one of them is big enough to fit an RV and it's totally packed.

Nice pic Olivia, where is that?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Still Kristiansand, Norway this time at the fort on the beach. I have more. I plan to rotate pix of there for awhile. There are several cute ones.

Edited by Olivia*

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.