firehawk66purple

THE 601 AND 212 WITH THE HOLE FAMMILY USC BUT ME???

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

HI ALL,MY ENGLISH IS NOT VERY GOOD ,BUT I WILL TRY MY BEST TO SHOW YOU OUR SITUATION. I WENT TO AMERICA IN DEC 2000 AND ASKED FOR ASYLUM .IN THE PROCESS OF THIS,I MARRYED TO USC ,WE HAVE SENT THE I-485 FOR AJUSMENT OF STATUS BUT THEY TOOK THE MONEY AND LATER SAID THAT THEY DO NOT HAVE NO DOCUMENTS FILED FOR US,BUT 2 MONTS AFTER I SENT THE 485 AND ALL OTHER #######,THEY DID NOT SEND ME A RECIPT OR SOMTHING BUT I HAD A DEPORTATION ORDER IN THE MAIL.I WAS 8 MONTS PREGNAND,NO AIRCOMPANY WILL FLY ME TO PUERTO RICCO I CANT SWIM EATHER,I DID NOT SHOW FOR THE DEPORTATION(FROM THE CASE FOR ASYLUM).IN THE EARLY MORNING ON JULY 13 2007 THEY RANG THE BELL IN MY HOUSE ,PUT ME HENDCUFFS AND SEND ME AWAY FOR 2,5MONTHS IN PRISON IN ALABAMA MY KIDS 4YEAR AND 2 YEAROLD WAS LEFT ALMOST ALONE IN ANOTHER STATE ,GEORGIA, MY HUSBAND WAS AT WORK WHEN THEY GOT ME.THEY TOOK AWAY THE CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO BE INFRONT OF JUDGE ,MAKE MY KIDS AND MY HUSBAND TRAVEL FROM STATE TO STATE TO VISIT ME IN SOME COUNTY JAIL IN ALABAMA.I WAS DEPORTED AUG 24 2007.I WAS ALONE IN MY COUNTRY,SOME FRIENDS BUT NOTHING ELSE.MY MOM GOT MY KIDS (USC) AND 6 BAGS AND AFTER A LONG FLYGHT OF 12-15 HOURS THEY WAS WITH ME FINALY IN OCTOBER 26 2007.NOW 4 WEEKS AGO THEY APPROVED THE I-130 (JUNE 16 TH 2008) AND ME AND MY KIDS ARE IN BULGARIA,WE HAVE NOTHING HERE ,WE RENT APPARTMENT MY HUSBAND IS WORKING IN AMERICA BECAUSE HERE IN BULGARIA THE FOOD IS 3 TIMES MORE EXPANCIVE THAN IN AMERICA AND THE PEOPLE ARE HAVING A MONTHLY PAYCHECK OF 300 -400 $ I AM PAYING 350$ RENT AND THE BILLS ARE OOOH MY GOD....MY KIDS ARE USC MY HUSBAND IS USC MY SISTER IS USC FROM 20 YEARS MY MOM IS A PERMANENT CITISEN ONLY I AM NO GOOD FOR AMERICA I GUESSS.NO CRIMMINAL RECORDS NO NOTHING,BUT I GOT TO FILE NOW 601 AND 212 WAYVERS. THE FILE WILL GO IN VIENA AND I FEEL LIKE I AM DOOMED. I HAVE JUST WANTED TO TELL SOMEBODY ABOUT US,MAY BE SOMEBODY WILL CHEER ME UP AND TELL ME ABOUTH VIENA EMBASSY ,AND THE WAIVERS THROUGH THEM. GOD BLESS YOU ALL. I WILL TRY TO KEEP YOU INFORMED ABOUT OUR SITUATION.

Edited by firehawk66purple

Sorry to hear about your situation. This website will give more information regarding the Waiver process. www.immigrate2us.net

CR-1/IR-1 Journey for Self

12th April 08 - Married in Australia

21st April 08 - Mailed off I-130 but with incorrect title on cheques

30th April 08 - USCIS returned petitions requesting correct title on cheques

2nd May 08 - Mailed out I-130s again! Finally on our way!!!

9th May 08 - NOA-1

7th Nov 08 - Tranferred to CSC

4th Dec 08 - Approved!!!

22nd Dec 08 - NVC # assigned

23rd June 09 - Case Complete at NVC (We slowed down the process on purpose to time interview accordingly)

18th August 09 - Medical

25th August 09 - Interview Date - Approved!!!

19th February 10 - POE L.A (No dramas, just SLOW)

2nd March 10 - Welcome to America Letter

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

immigrate2us.net is a good place for you to look for information. I do feel bad for your situation, because it cost you time away from your family, parents, husband and children. I do want to make the point, however, that they did not take away your "constitutional right" to see a judge. You were given a court date and you chose not to go.

Had you gone, there is a chance that you could have convinced them not to give your deportation and to allow you to adjust status from within the United States. Automatically, when you skip a court appearance for asylum, you will be deported in absentia.

I wish you luck for a speedy approval and reunification with your family.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR GOOD WORDS.I HAVE SAID ABOUT THE "CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS" WHEN I WAS FOR 2,5 MONTHS IN PRISON,THE OTHER PEOPLE IN A SIMILAR SITUATION WAS READY TO BE DEPORTED ,BUT HOMELAND SECURITY WAS SENDING THEM TO GO TO A JUDGE A FEW TIMES A MONTH,AND WAS KEEPING THEM IN THE PRISON FOR 6-7 MONTHS,I WAS READY TO FIGHT,GIVE 6000$ TO AN ATTORNEY TO PUT A STAY ON THE DEPORTATION AND THEY WAS HEAVING A DATE FOR ME TO GO TO A JUDGE,BUT THEY DEPORTED ME BEFORE THAT.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

When you've been deported in absentia and not shown up at the court date you no longer get a chance for a hearing. At the first hearing, that you did not attend, that is where you could have had a stay of deportation or fought. Once you've been deported and disobeyed the order and overstayed, all they do is reinstate the deportation, and send you back.

Don't take this the wrong way, but that is the way the system works. You have to attend all court dates or you are automatically deported. You can't fight, if you aren't there. Hindsight is 20/20. Hopefully you will be able to get the help you need and get reunited with your family quickly. Good luck.

Sad to hear your case. I think all parents should stay with family.

But law is law and you should have abided by it. Getting a lawyer in 2000 would have made it so much easier. Consult a good lawyer

• 3 months later...
Filed: Timeline
Sad to hear your case. I think all parents should stay with family.

But law is law and you should have abided by it. Getting a lawyer in 2000 would have made it so much easier. Consult a good lawyer

What if the beneficiary departed the US on his own before a notice to appear or an order for deported in absentia was issued?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.