esmatsgirl

Interviews in Amman Anyone??

93 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
To those of you wondering. Yes they kept Ammar's passport and they called him on the 5th and told him to come pick up his visa.!!! No AP.

Ammar said the man that interviewed him seemed to be new. He couldn't speak Arabic but Ammar wanted his interview in English anyway. The consular asked about my job, wanted to see our phones bills and chat logs and wanted to know and see what was the last thing I sent to Ammar by mail which just happened to be a card he had received a week before the interview. That was about it. Said it was a very easy interview with few questions.

Good luck to those still waiting~

Congrats!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Hello Fellow VJ'ers

I am curious as to what some of the latest interviews that have been scheduled at the embassy in Amman, Jordan are. Our case was complete at the NVC on June 26th and we still don't have an interview date. I know they only schedule interviews during the 2nd week of the month for the following month...did any of you get in for August????

Since we did not get in for August...I can only hope for a September interview date but of course won't know a thing about that til the 2nd week of August when they do September interviews.

Are any of you waiting for an interview date with case at NVC complete like us? Pls respond and let me know your status if you are in the "waiting for interview" stage.

We have been apart now since March 4. I think through everything, this waiting for the NVC to schedule the interview was the hardest part so far. You cheer when USCIS gives approval and get all happy...then go through what you go through at the NVC with all the forms and cheer and get all happy when they tell you your case is now complete...then its hurry up and wait again for a month or two while they get around to scheduling your interview...which I think could be backlogged due to a limited number of interview slots given by the embassy.....for whatever reason its driving us insane because there are no forms to fill out, nothing to do but WAIT.

Please let know where you stand in the process.

Best of luck to you....

Thanks...and have a wonderful day!!!

Deb :star:

Hey Deb,

My husband had his interview today and we were approved. Of course you know I am living in Jordan and we have filed DCF. This all took from February till now August. The hardest thing is getting the interview in Amman for the initial filing. Since you have gotten your approval I would bet your interview will be in approx 3 months. Your husband will be sent a packet to complete. He will need the family book(translated), Marriage certificate(translated), police record from GID, 2 passport photos within 30 days of the interview date, medical report, copy of his passport and the I-864. I will say one thing the Americans at the Embassy are great, I have had issues with the Jordanian women giving me a hard time. Thank God we are approved and soon I will set foot back in the USA.

Hello Fellow VJ'ers

I am curious as to what some of the latest interviews that have been scheduled at the embassy in Amman, Jordan are. Our case was complete at the NVC on June 26th and we still don't have an interview date. I know they only schedule interviews during the 2nd week of the month for the following month...did any of you get in for August????

Since we did not get in for August...I can only hope for a September interview date but of course won't know a thing about that til the 2nd week of August when they do September interviews.

Are any of you waiting for an interview date with case at NVC complete like us? Pls respond and let me know your status if you are in the "waiting for interview" stage.

We have been apart now since March 4. I think through everything, this waiting for the NVC to schedule the interview was the hardest part so far. You cheer when USCIS gives approval and get all happy...then go through what you go through at the NVC with all the forms and cheer and get all happy when they tell you your case is now complete...then its hurry up and wait again for a month or two while they get around to scheduling your interview...which I think could be backlogged due to a limited number of interview slots given by the embassy.....for whatever reason its driving us insane because there are no forms to fill out, nothing to do but WAIT.

Please let know where you stand in the process.

Best of luck to you....

Thanks...and have a wonderful day!!!

Deb :star:

Hey Deb,

My husband had his interview today and we were approved. Of course you know I am living in Jordan and we have filed DCF. This all took from February till now August. The hardest thing is getting the interview in Amman for the initial filing. Since you have gotten your approval I would bet your interview will be in approx 3 months. Your husband will be sent a packet to complete. He will need the family book(translated), Marriage certificate(translated), police record from GID, 2 passport photos within 30 days of the interview date, medical report, copy of his passport and the I-864. I will say one thing the Americans at the Embassy are great, I have had issues with the Jordanian women giving me a hard time. Thank God we are approved and soon I will set foot back in the USA.

Congrats jenmoh!when do the both of you planning on coming to the states?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Hey Deb,

Hey jenmoh! I don't know if I've ever said Hi or if this is the first time you posted, just saying hi and congrats! I'm sorry you've been having a hard time with the local Jordanian women. Do you live in Amman or in a smaller city or village? Occasionally you get smack-talk... take it as practice for all the stupid things you'll hear in the USA :)

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline

I think she was referring to those Jordanian women that work in the embasssy ;) She migh though get from the locals outside the embassy walls as well.

"Haters are confused admirers, they can’t be or figure you out so negativity comes out [their] mouth.”

-Chad Ochocinco "85" - WR Cincinnati Bengals

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
I think she was referring to those Jordanian women that work in the embasssy ;) She migh though get from the locals outside the embassy walls as well.

There is one Jordanian woman that waits at the cell-phone/personal effects drop off that is a royal PITA. She is always so rude and hateful and always is crouched down, smoking like a chimney. I came close to punching her in the face last time.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline

Thanks for the congrats everyone. We will probably plan on going to the USA after a month. We live in North Jordan, Irbid. I was speaking mainly about some women who work in the Embassy. They were there the first time I went to the Embassy. I have yet to see them again. I am use to people being sarcastic as I am from New York but, this one woman in particular was just blatantly obnoxious. As far as the rest of the Jordanians they have been very polite and just so nice. Anyway we are just so happy to be finished with going back and forth from Irbid to Amman....

Timeline

When the K3 is scheduled....you will know in two weeks when the interview will be. ISA. They will most likely interview for the CR1 at the K3 scheduled time if you make it through with your 130 at NVC in time. :-)

"Haters are confused admirers, they can’t be or figure you out so negativity comes out [their] mouth.”

Timeline

CR1 will be in NVC...the time there depends on how prepared you are at this point. I am sending my AOS documents today. The IV fee bill will most likely be generated very soon as the self generated DS3020 was accepted by NVC yesterday...one day after they generated one to send to me!

Filed: Timeline

I read up on the ds3032 and the ds230 :blink: I am not a paster or a scanner-faxer person. We are going to have to do this the long way I'm afraid. I have ordered the tax transcript...freaking cuz I joint filed with the ex and cannot get his signature on the tax request paper. grrrrrrr

So, if I have this correctly, I will get an aos bill and he will get a ds3032? He sends the ds3032 and I send in the $70?

Timeline

Meanwhile I am still waiting...I called NVC last night again (couldn't help myself) and they had no new news for me. The Amman embassy did email me back last Thursday and said they received by CR1 electronically but don't have the paper file yet and when they get the paper file they will be scheduling the interview and will inform my husband of the date (but that makes no sense) - because the embassy does not schedule interviews for CR1s, NVC does....they only schedule interviews for K3's. I thought maybe they saw the K3 file and they received that already and that is what she was basing her answer on in the email but thats not the case number I used with my inquiry...I used the CR1 case number. Here's the email:

Dear Debra,

We still did not receive the file from the National Visa Center (NVC) However, since we received the electronic file, the paper file will soon be here. When we schedule your husband, we will inform him.

Regards

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section

Amman, Jordan

Anyway...still going a little insane here in Delaware.....

Hope you are all having a wonderful day!

Deb

Edited by esmatsgirl

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.