esmatsgirl

Interviews in Amman Anyone??

93 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi Deb... Looks like we'll be joining you in the "waiting for interview" stage. Just received our NOA2 this evening. Let's keep each other informed on how things are at Amman. :star:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
I hope it goes by fast for you. From the timelines feature on VJ , it looks like Jordan is about 86 days from NVC to interview at Amman.

I was just looking at your pics!!!!!!!! The little girl, Lyn, is that your daughter? She is beautiful!

Jackie

Thanks, Jackie...I didn't even check out that timeline....good thinking.

Thanks for the compliment on Lyn...she lives with me so is kinda like my daughter...she is my granddaughter...she brightens up all my days...

Deb :star:

Timeline
:dance::dance: Thanks Lulu! That is HUGE! I see it just started at the beginning of 2008. Wow, no more waiting at the mercy of the slowpokes in Amman (j/k I love amman embassy :whistle: ) Awesome to know the interview date sooooo early on !

Jackie

Definitely I was so happy to read about that a few months back!! I confirmed via email with AMM as well just to make sure. ;)

lulu comin to the party tommorrow night? bring your own bebsi.

Thanks for the invite, I am planning on being there! May I bring Dt. Mt. Dew instead?

"Haters are confused admirers, they can’t be or figure you out so negativity comes out [their] mouth.”

-Chad Ochocinco "85" - WR Cincinnati Bengals

Timeline
I wanted to say welcome to MENA to our new "going thru Jordan" girl. I LOVED all ur pictures and that grandbaby of urs is absolutely beautiful. She looks a lot like Jackies' Lexy!

My husband knows a few ppl with ur married last name! He may have some good friends from ur family.

Our process was initiated in January 2005 and He got here in December 2005 so our whole process took a year. His interview was 1 week before his visa was issued. He arrived here the week after he go this visa (if I remember correctly).

Good luck in your journey and feel free to take ur shoes off and stay awhile.

Welcome again

(F) amal (F)

Thanks amal....I really appreciate the warm welcome!! And thanks for the comments about MaKayla...my sweet granddaughter...she is keeping me busy til Esmat gets here! I saw Jackie's granddaughter...wow...they do look alike and she is also so beautiful and sweet.

This waiting for the 2nd week of August is killing me! The next few weeks are going to seem like turtle weeks...I just know it. An eternity in a month! hahaha...Well...at least there's skype...and my husband and I can sit and google eyes with each other for hours...what would we do without that? I don't know how they survived it "back in the day" without cams, internet, etc.

I will keep everyone updated...believe me...this is the one "yahoo" :dance: I will be yahooing all over the place when I get that, that, that....DATE!!!

Until then..I will try to remain calm :wacko:

Timeline
DSCI2427.jpg

This is my grandbaby..Alexis James ....she is 5 and starting kindergarten in August. She's my joy and on her way over here for a sleepover. :D

jJ

Jackie......Alexis is absolutely, positively sweet and precious!!! Thank you for sharing her picture. And thank you for the compliments about MaKayla...she is the twinkle in my eyes...thats for sure. She is just toooo cute.

Too bad we don't live closer, we could get the girls together while we get together...that would be so much fun!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day....is HOT here in Delaware...another one of those Orange bad health days..stay cool!

DSCI2427.jpg

This is my grandbaby..Alexis James ....she is 5 and starting kindergarten in August. She's my joy and on her way over here for a sleepover. :D

jJ

Jackie......Alexis is absolutely, positively sweet and precious!!! Thank you for sharing her picture. And thank you for the compliments about MaKayla...she is the twinkle in my eyes...thats for sure. She is just toooo cute.

Too bad we don't live closer, we could get the girls together while we get together...that would be so much fun!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day....is HOT here in Delaware...another one of those Orange bad health days..stay cool!

Don't ask me why...but I read that as "orange bath days".. :blink: I thought WTH is an orange bath and, more importantly, DOES IT WORK... :lol:

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline
Hi Deb... Looks like we'll be joining you in the "waiting for interview" stage. Just received our NOA2 this evening. Let's keep each other informed on how things are at Amman. :star:

Congrats on your NOA2...oh and I love your colored print style pics...you two make a great couple!

I will keep you posted on anything that comes up....

Timeline

My husband and I did a K1. Filed end of Jan'07 and he received interview date in Feb 07 for May 07. I emailed the embassy though once the NOA2 was received and gave them the head's up. Our interview date was included in the packet we received. However, the packet somehow was lost and/or rerouted to me in US instead of my husband (then fiance) and it we got it like 3 weeks before. However, the consulate in amman had emailed me our interview date long before we got it in the mail - guess it was in the system.

It doesn't hurt to email them as long as you are polite but be sure to include your case "AMM" number. They may be able to give you your date even if you haven't received it in the mail yet.

best wishes,

1st K-1 Journey:

June 2005 - filed

October 2005 - visa interview

March 2006 - AOS packet mailed

DIVORCED

June 2007 - Interview

2008 - 10 year approval

--------

2nd K-1 Journey:

07/28/07 - AOS paperwork mailed

07/30/07 - Received at lockbox

09/18/07 - Biometrics

10/15/07 - Transferred to CSC

01/09/08 - AOS approved w/o interivew

11/01/09 - Lift conditions

11/01/10 - interview to lift conditions/10-yr card

01/01/10 - 10 year approval

DIVORCED

Timeline

Would it be a possibility, since as I understand it, to give NVC a call to find out the interview date? How does it work? O seems to have the impression that he would have an interview within 2 months. Nice to see that he's being optimistic! :thumbs:

I just ordered collages of our time together. They're 11" by 14". And in 3 "themes": tourist, family/friends, just us. Heh. I'm too lazy to do some hand picking and pasting pictures.

I told Odai to start working on getting the police certificate. He is also preparing to have the important documents (ie school records, nursing degree, etc) translated for his use in the US. I'm not sure what else he needs to get in preparation. I still have to order a certified birth certificate. My "original" seems like a $---ty piece of paper *ahem* so don't want the consulate complaining (I plan to get 3 copies. 2 to keep, and 1 to send to O for his interview). I'm waiting to hear from the possible co-sponsor. *cross fingers*

Deb, how's it going?

Timeline

K & O the police certificate should only take a few weeks to get in Jordan...and it's valid for 1 year. :-)

"Haters are confused admirers, they can’t be or figure you out so negativity comes out [their] mouth.”

-Chad Ochocinco "85" - WR Cincinnati Bengals

Timeline

I called the NVC and they told me we didn't make it into the interview group for August....so now we must wait for the September interviews to be scheduled...and they will be scheduled in the 2nd week of August......

Now we wait for the 2nd week of August....and if that comes and goes and no interview date for September..thats when I will be pulling out my hair. August 26 will be 2 months from case complete....I just hope by August 26 we have a date of some sort!!

From what I can see...there are 2 things....it seems faster to get to the interview date if you are doing a K1 vs. CR1 and also it seems to be alot faster to get scheduled into other embassies.....but Jordan is very slow. I see people (not from Jordan) whose cases were complete after ours and they already have interview dates so quick....I think Jordan gives out very few appointments every month. And I don't understand why the scheduling also only takes place the 2nd week of every month...that makes no sense to me at all but like everything else...we have to grin and bear it. And old habits are hard to break...I still call the NVC almost every day to listen to the "case complete" message and see if one day it happens to change to "your case has been forwarded"....freakier things have happened.

Everything's great with me....but life does take on a sort of "on hold" feel until Esmat gets here. I am taking up a dichroic jewelry class...that should get me going on a new hobby...that can help take some of my "thinking" time away! Esmat is visiting with all family and friends and having dinner at their homes here and there to say all of his goodbyes....then before he leaves he will invite everyone to his family's home for a big party. I think him and his friends will have to take a bus to the airport when he comes...he has like 15 friends that want to come with him to say bye.....

Where did you have your collages done? Do you have a page with pics on it? Would love to see if you want to share.

Hope u are having a great day!

Would it be a possibility, since as I understand it, to give NVC a call to find out the interview date? How does it work? O seems to have the impression that he would have an interview within 2 months. Nice to see that he's being optimistic! :thumbs:

I just ordered collages of our time together. They're 11" by 14". And in 3 "themes": tourist, family/friends, just us. Heh. I'm too lazy to do some hand picking and pasting pictures.

I told Odai to start working on getting the police certificate. He is also preparing to have the important documents (ie school records, nursing degree, etc) translated for his use in the US. I'm not sure what else he needs to get in preparation. I still have to order a certified birth certificate. My "original" seems like a $---ty piece of paper *ahem* so don't want the consulate complaining (I plan to get 3 copies. 2 to keep, and 1 to send to O for his interview). I'm waiting to hear from the possible co-sponsor. *cross fingers*

Deb, how's it going?

Timeline

I would email the embassy directly. I don't remember the embassy email offhand that's what I did. We were approved on 2/14/07 and had the interview via email within a week or less not with NVC with embassy email.

1st K-1 Journey:

June 2005 - filed

October 2005 - visa interview

March 2006 - AOS packet mailed

DIVORCED

June 2007 - Interview

2008 - 10 year approval

--------

2nd K-1 Journey:

07/28/07 - AOS paperwork mailed

07/30/07 - Received at lockbox

09/18/07 - Biometrics

10/15/07 - Transferred to CSC

01/09/08 - AOS approved w/o interivew

11/01/09 - Lift conditions

11/01/10 - interview to lift conditions/10-yr card

01/01/10 - 10 year approval

DIVORCED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.