Nasturtium

Happy Thursday MENA!

74 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack :dance:

So.....I wake up Wednesday,,,(did anybody miss me?) .....and the power is going in and out like every 30 seconds. I call Com Ed and a guy comes out and says my 50 year old lines have melted together and he has to turn me off :blink: Says the equipment is outdated and I need a new circuit breaker, a whole new box on the house with brackets and all kinds of fun. So I call my landlord and they send out their guy for electric and he has a plan and sets out to put all this new stuff in. I call Com Ed back to turn it on. No maa'm. You need a city inspection sticker on this equipment before I can turn it on. :blink::blink: By now my landlord is on machine for emergencies and wont call me back. It's now 8pm on Wednesday, it is 94 in my house and my fish are starting to REALLY need their filters to live.

La Princessa at this point was panting and suffering. I took her in the car to cool her off with the a/c. 9:30 rolls around I take a shower and crawl into bed. 6:30 am today, my landlord calls and I tell him he needs a sticker 'Ohhh I thought they might need that. grrrrrrrrrrr So he said he would take care of getting the sticker and then I can call Com Ed. 1:30 pm I finally have a sticker. Finally at 4pm...they come. One guy. He looks and says...I need a crew. I said...well...call the crew..Wow, in 15 minutes I had 5 trucks at my house and they have to run a new line to the pole. I check the tank...2 of my fishes are floating... :(

I'm thinking at this point, just the fan is not gonna cool much down. It's flippin over 90 in the house. This is where my faith is rewarded ---alhamdulillah. I saw a small a/c at Walmart for $89....I so wished I could get it just to have one room comfortable. I go to the mailbox...and there was a check for a contest I won for $125. God is good. While electric dude was doing his thing, I went to Walmart and all by myself...bought it! Came home...my neighbor saw me trying to get it in the house and he came and put it in for me!

So now I am in my A/c living room...La Princessa is next to me on the couch and the Com Ed dudes got major over time...they left at 7pm. It is 82 now in here and feels like heaven. It is awesome to be back online.

HIIIIIIIIIIIIII to every body!!!!!

Jackie

Jackie - welcome back! God is truly good...have a wonderfully cool night. I am sorry about your fishies though. :o

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
It is so so good to be back with all of you! I just want to kiss and hug you all!

oh oh oh I mailed the K3 today :)

jJ

Excellent news - may it be approved soon. How long are K3s taking these days? I hope that it lands in hands that treat it like a hot potato and want to move it along quickly. :thumbs:

wb jax! I wondered what happened to ya! 1 more day and the troops were gonna be sent lookin.

woo hoo for a/c huh? Sure makes life more manageable.

got home and hubby was already there with his head in the freezer. I guess he thought he was gonna cook supper. He realized we didn't have oil so now i think he put chicken fingers in the oven. i guess i need to go make some corn or veggies to go with it . *snarl*

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Jackie, good to see you, and good to see things are really lookin up for ya...I texted ya earlier and got no response....figured u were busy...

Nawal, the twins have grown so much, their faces have really filled out and i L-O-V-E Nours Red hair!! you are blessed!

Sara, have fun in Texas...is adnan going with you? Hopefully the princess does act her normal self this time...She sure is cute in purple!!

Im home from work, exhausted and dreadin the fact that i have to be back to work in less than 11 hours...good news is we are goin out tomorrow with friends, and my best friends mom is watching zaid..A NIGHT OFF!!! wooohooo the poor lady has been begging me to watch him, she has no grandbabies yet, i wasnt about to refuse!!!

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Timeline

kel...phone was dead cuz I didnt plug it in for 2 days..lol. How'd it go looking for new accounts?

hehehehe I am just happy happy to be back !

Now if Cali would just hurry and approve us, life would be looking up. I have a concern tho....I wrote to MSC to cancel the first I130..and never got a cancel notice.....I sure hope now its not gonna be a problem having one in msc and one in cali...grrrrrr.

Jackie

kel...phone was dead cuz I didnt plug it in for 2 days..lol. How'd it go looking for new accounts?

hehehehe I am just happy happy to be back !

Now if Cali would just hurry and approve us, life would be looking up. I have a concern tho....I wrote to MSC to cancel the first I130..and never got a cancel notice.....I sure hope now its not gonna be a problem having one in msc and one in cali...grrrrrr.

Jackie

when you sent in the cancellation, did you mail it with a delivery confirmation so that you know they at least received it? also, i would call them and check the status and see if it was cancelled.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
why would you bump 3 thursday threads?

Well there were two Wed threads so when I thought of Thursday I felt bad, like maybe it will only get one thread so I thought I'd give it a head start and now I don't feel so bad for it? :blush:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Its F R I D A Y for me

How is everyone today???????

1 week 5 day until my habibi's interview...........

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ K-1¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 07/05/06 - Met Hayz online by accident

~ 03/30/08 - Packet sent to VSC

~ 04/22/08 - NOA1 issued - Yeah they took it this time

~ 05/22/08 - Touch

~ 07/25/08 - Touch (showed about 1pm on the USCIS site)

~ 07/25/08 - NOA2 sent (must have been later in the day - noticed it on 7/26)

~ 09/10/08 - INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED ! ! ! !

~ 09/12/08 - VISA RECEIVED

~ 10/17/08 - Arrival in the USA (JFK POE)

~ 10/31/08 - MARRIED! ! !

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ AOS¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 03/26/09 - Sent AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131)

~ 03/27/09 - AOS packet signed for by V BUSTAMANTE

~ 04/02/09 - NOA for AOS/ EAD / Travel Doc

~ 04/03/09 - Check cashed

~ 04/25/09 - Biometrics

~ 04/20/09 - Transferred to CSC

~ 04/25/09 - Transfer notice received in the mail

~ 04/27/09 - Arrived at CSC

~ 05/09/09 - Employment Auth / Travel Document Approved

~ 05/12/09 - AP approved - without an interview

~ 05/23/09 - Welcome letter received

~ 06/05/09 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED! ! !

~ 09/11/11 - DIVORCE - DIVORCE - DIVORCE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.