Ban Hammer

The Say Anything Thread - take 5

5,005 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

800/month???

Hmm I don't get it.

I am at home. We spend maybe $120-150 max a month on Kavi's things. I wonder if they only buy the expensive brands. We buy generic for a lot. Generic formula, which has the exact same ingredients as Enfamil, costs $12 at walmart, while the name brand is like $25-27. Diapers can be expensive if you buy the pricey kind. I don't believe you need all name brand baby stuff.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
I don't know maybe I'm being stupid about the whole thing. The biggest concern I have is paying for daycare. We have two daycare facilities on campus and I do get a discount since I work here. I'm just not sure I can get the baby in there. They have waiting lists. If I can get the baby in there it's about $500 a month, I think. That's what it used to be when I worked in the Accounts office where they brought their deposit. If I can't get the baby in there I'll have to figure something else out.

Yeah I've heard about the waiting lists. A cousin of mine had to get on the list after the first trimester of pregnancy so there would be a spot open when the kid was 6 months old and the mom would have to go back to work.

800/month???

Hmm I don't get it.

I am at home. We spend maybe $120-150 max a month on Kavi's things. I wonder if they only buy the expensive brands. We buy generic for a lot. Generic formula, which has the exact same ingredients as Enfamil, costs $12 at walmart, while the name brand is like $25-27. Diapers can be expensive if you buy the pricey kind. I don't believe you need all name brand baby stuff.

Maybe. I don't know.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline
I don't know maybe I'm being stupid about the whole thing. The biggest concern I have is paying for daycare. We have two daycare facilities on campus and I do get a discount since I work here. I'm just not sure I can get the baby in there. They have waiting lists. If I can get the baby in there it's about $500 a month, I think. That's what it used to be when I worked in the Accounts office where they brought their deposit. If I can't get the baby in there I'll have to figure something else out.

Yeah I've heard about the waiting lists. A cousin of mine had to get on the list after the first trimester of pregnancy so there would be a spot open when the kid was 6 months old and the mom would have to go back to work.

800/month???

Hmm I don't get it.

Maybe. I don't know.

Honestly even with you being in the North I don't see that necessities for baby could be 800/month.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

seriously, if something happened to charles and i lost all of these privileges and had a child, it would probably be easier to go back to brazil, where i'd have free child care (mom and neighbors :P ) and family that had kids that grew up so they can always give u a crib and clothes. i know that's tacky, but when you're having trouble with finances there's always friends and family that can help you (i wouldn't have that here)

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

seriously, if something happened to charles and i lost all of these privileges and had a child, it would probably be easier to go back to brazil, where i'd have free child care (mom and neighbors :P ) and family that had kids that grew up so they can always give u a crib and clothes. i know that's tacky, but when you're having trouble with finances there's always friends and family that can help you (i wouldn't have that here)

absolutely.

Timeline

but help i dont mean with money, but donate old stuff and helping taking care when u have to go to work

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Timeline

absolutely.

but on the other hand, that could also be a bad idea, cuz even though it would be tough at first, the kid would have much more chance to have a better life after he grew up in a 1st world country. so yeah, charles is forbidden to die! :P

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

absolutely.

but on the other hand, that could also be a bad idea, cuz even though it would be tough at first, the kid would have much more chance to have a better life after he grew up in a 1st world country. so yeah, charles is forbidden to die! :P

citizenship at birth.

he/she can always come back.

if anything he/she will likely get a better school education overseas, american public schools have gone down the drains.

Timeline

It's not tacky. :no:

Some of my friends qualified for WIC and got all their formula for free and other things too. They aren't poor but they have lower mortgages from buying awhile ago before the boom and their husband makes less, and they still live fine. But they have things we don't even have like cool tech things and a lot of other gadgets. When you have a baby the limits for things like medicaid and WIC are higher than if you are not pregnant or have a baby. That's something that just kinda irks me. They got thousands of dollars worth of help, when their lifestyle is not much different than mine but my husband makes a lot more than they do, but our mortgage is much higher.

Timeline

absolutely.

citizenship at birth.

if anything he/she will likely get a better school education overseas, american public schools have gone down the drains.

yeah, still, if charles never dies i won't have to make that decision. so i'll keep cooking healthy :P

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

If I took a voluntary pay cut, would WIC payments make up for the loss?

absolutely.

citizenship at birth.

yeah, still, if charles never dies i won't have to make that decision. so i'll keep cooking healthy :P

i was trying to get my brother charles hooked up with a deep fryer of his own, but it didn't work

All three of us cost around $120 to $150 a week food diapers for my son. Diapers cost up $23 for a box that will last for almost 3 weeks.

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

Timeline

I think you'd have to take a really big pay cut, so no. The amount to qualify is I think in the mid 30Ks, at least in FL. People who bought their house a long time ago are living fine even when making that low here. But there is no way we could survive with that so WIC wouldn't make up our difference.

I think you'd have to take a really big pay cut, so no. The amount to qualify is I think in the mid 30Ks, at least in FL. People who bought their house a long time ago are living fine even when making that low here. But there is no way we could survive with that so WIC wouldn't make up our difference.

OIC..... that blows