Ban Hammer

The Say Anything Thread - take 5

5,005 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I want a sloppy joe!! Or just some kind of food in general... :(

Are you feeling better?

Yeah I'm better. I had strep throat and couldn't eat or drink anything for about 3 days but now I'm just doing that by choice. I thought that while I was already doing that I could just keep going and so far it's working. I lost 7 lbs in a week.

That's good! That you lost weight, not that you were sick. I'm gonna tell you like you always told me, don't starve yourself. Eat, just don't eat too much. And eat healthy things. I'm sorry you had strep throat. As I'm sure you remember I used to have that all the time. I'm glad you got it taken care of. How's Edwin?

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
jundp-Yeah the forms and stuff is a pain. But at least you are together while you are filling out more annoying paperwork! :P That's what I have to remind myself of. Thankfully we are done with US paperwork for awhile, not sure if or when Sujeet will file for naturalization. We do have to fill out some annoying paperwork for Indian related things for me and Kavi to visit there though.

When I make something up myself, I never use exact measurements. So then it's hard if I have to tell someone the recipe if they liked it. I'm like, ok a dash of this, a sprinkle of that, a bunch of this...:P I don't follow recipes to a T either unless it's for baking which seems more specific. Sometimes I follow a recipe and want more things added so I just experiment. If I have to, I try to be more precise telling someone a recipe for something I made.

Marilyn-Do you have a collection of the recipes from your mom and other sources? You always have them ready to post. That's cool!

i have a whole binder full of recipes.. some I have tired some I want to try... some are from my mom, some are from cookbooks, some are ones I found on the net...

I did type out the sloppy joe recipe right now ...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't Rosanne run a sloppy joe's restaurant?

I have never tried it, because we don't have it here. But I love minced meat, so it sounds like a goer for me.

I can't remember if she did or not. Is minced meat what we call ground beef?

yeah I think so...

Yes

Julia, you'll have to get Pedro to take you somewhere to get some good sloppy joes while you're here in NC.

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Are you feeling better?

Yeah I'm better. I had strep throat and couldn't eat or drink anything for about 3 days but now I'm just doing that by choice. I thought that while I was already doing that I could just keep going and so far it's working. I lost 7 lbs in a week.

That's good! That you lost weight, not that you were sick. I'm gonna tell you like you always told me, don't starve yourself. Eat, just don't eat too much. And eat healthy things. I'm sorry you had strep throat. As I'm sure you remember I used to have that all the time. I'm glad you got it taken care of. How's Edwin?

Yeah I remember you used to get that all the time. It was the worst I've ever had. What I'm doing is a 3 weeks of shrinking my stomach and losing as much as possible. Then I will start to eat a little more but also start to exercise so I don't end up with flabby skin. I still drink whatever I want which usually means cherry coke. Yesterday I took in less than 500 calories. And today should be about the same.

Edwin is fine, thanks for asking. Actually maybe you could help me! I'm trying to figure out what to plan for his birthday next Tuesday and I can't think of anything that would be fun to do for a day.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Are you feeling better?

Yeah I remember you used to get that all the time. It was the worst I've ever had. What I'm doing is a 3 weeks of shrinking my stomach and losing as much as possible. Then I will start to eat a little more but also start to exercise so I don't end up with flabby skin. I still drink whatever I want which usually means cherry coke. Yesterday I took in less than 500 calories. And today should be about the same.

Edwin is fine, thanks for asking. Actually maybe you could help me! I'm trying to figure out what to plan for his birthday next Tuesday and I can't think of anything that would be fun to do for a day.

Hum, let me think. Are there any amusement parks around?

Now Melissa, 500 calories is not enough. Don't make me get onto you. You need to eat at least 1200. It takes that amount for your body to function during the day. It's great you're going to exercise. But then you'll have to raise the amount of calories you eat in a day. You wouldn't believe the stuff I eat now. Not unhealthy stuff, just much more of it.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Len, I'm trying to not eat out or spend too much money right now because P's family will be here this weekend. We want to go do things while they're here. We must be thrifty for a bit until AOS is paid for, and all the wedding stuff, and he finds a job..........

Then again, I'm grumpy and frustrated and I deserve to eat out :)

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Timeline

Are you feeling better?

Hum, let me think. Are there any amusement parks around?

Now Melissa, 500 calories is not enough. Don't make me get onto you. You need to eat at least 1200. It takes that amount for your body to function during the day. It's great you're going to exercise. But then you'll have to raise the amount of calories you eat in a day. You wouldn't believe the stuff I eat now. Not unhealthy stuff, just much more of it.

Well I look up calories of stuff and I was thinking I could really go for some meat-like chicken! A plain grilled boneless skinless chicken breast has more than 200 calories in it. I'm just really working for the self-control aspect of it and to retrain my way of looking at food. Before it would be like-oh I'm happy so let me eat something I like. Or-I'm sad so I have permission to eat something yummy. I never overate-just ate bad stuff. So I'm trying to get to the point of eating to live vs. living to eat.

We just went to 6 flags on Sunday for the Spanish radio station's Verano Zol concert thing and we had a terrible time. I had also considered baseball but the Orioles aren't home that day and I'm not sure if he cares for the Nats or not. DC United is not playing that day. Basically I can't come up with anything!

-Oscar the Grouch

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I want crabs.

hooker.gif

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Well I look up calories of stuff and I was thinking I could really go for some meat-like chicken! A plain grilled boneless skinless chicken breast has more than 200 calories in it. I'm just really working for the self-control aspect of it and to retrain my way of looking at food. Before it would be like-oh I'm happy so let me eat something I like. Or-I'm sad so I have permission to eat something yummy. I never overate-just ate bad stuff. So I'm trying to get to the point of eating to live vs. living to eat.

We just went to 6 flags on Sunday for the Spanish radio station's Verano Zol concert thing and we had a terrible time. I had also considered baseball but the Orioles aren't home that day and I'm not sure if he cares for the Nats or not. DC United is not playing that day. Basically I can't come up with anything!

Yeah, just make sure you eat plenty of protein and veggies. You know I'm food obsessed. :lol:

Baseball sounds fun. I love baseball. And baseball players! :whistle::lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

oh yeah cute butts

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Timeline

Yeah, just make sure you eat plenty of protein and veggies. You know I'm food obsessed. :lol:

I know!! :innocent:

What I really want now is green beans since you mentioned them! I love green beans.

-Oscar the Grouch

What I really want now is green beans since you mentioned them! I love green beans.

:innocent::lol: :lol: Oooh, mine are fresh from the garden too. I just picked them last night right before I cooked them. Of course, mine have some extra fat in them from the fatback I put in them. :D

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Nice way to get my crabs, Nessa :)

I'm off now. I am too fed up with AOS paperwork. Need a break. Going to look for bookshelves for the 593592759427509247590247 books that P and I have and we need to get mattresses from IKEA to accommodate the many Germans descending upon us in days.

ANd get me some honey walnut prawns. Oh yeah.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Timeline

:innocent::lol: :lol: Oooh, mine are fresh from the garden too. I just picked them last night right before I cooked them. Of course, mine have some extra fat in them from the fatback I put in them. :D

:crying: send some!! Where I'm living right now they only eat mostly unhealthy food so that's another reason why I just don't eat. If I did eat, even just a little bit it would be an excessive amount of calories.

-Oscar the Grouch

:crying: send some!! Where I'm living right now they only eat mostly unhealthy food so that's another reason why I just don't eat. If I did eat, even just a little bit it would be an excessive amount of calories.

They need to eat more healthy. If I remember correctly where you are staying they need to be feeding those kids healthy food. What kind of meat do they usually fix?