Ban Hammer

The Say Anything Thread - take 5

5,005 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
OMG! Sorry Marilyn, I don't mean to be rude but really, you need to do more things on your own. Your happiness in life can not depend on your husband. I have a full time job and let me say, Javi doesn't miss out on any loving or anything else from me. I do my laundry and clean my house on Saturday while he is working on other things around the house. I'm even getting ready to go back to school which means we'll spend even more time apart. I am not, under any circumstances, changing my education for someone else. If I get pregnant, I'll still go to school. You have to make choices in life based on things that are best for you and him both, not just him. But hey, maybe being at his beck and call is what you feel as your best choice. I just couldn't do it. I have to have a life of my own.

I'm sorry if that comes across as really mean. I just think it would do you a world of good to have your own hobbies and interests, besides VJ.

The last year, my wife has had a full time job and worked on her masters at the same time. We haven't seen each other as much as we would if she stayed home (obviously) but it's worth it because she's accomplishing things she wouldn't have otherwise. In the end, we'll both be better off for it. JMHO.

Exactly! I can't base EVERYTHING I do in my life on my husband. Sure there are lots of things I do and don't do because of him. In the end I have to do things to make myself happy also, not just him. Because if I'm not happy with myself, I can't make him happy either.

Exactly, it isn't enough to simply take care of someone else, one must also take care of themselves.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i don't see why he should share household chores with his wife that doesn't work. If he works his a$$ off, it's only fair that he can relax when he's home.

When I wasn't work I'd do pretty much all housework. Now that we both work I ask him to help me.

that is what I am trying to get across :lol::thumbs:

not everybody thinks like us, though. They still think that the wife should do all housework.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
AJ I hope you feel better. (F)

Marilyn, don't apologize for posting what you're feeling. After your loss it can be hard in a lot of ways.

thanks... (F)

you know what people.. my whole life I have wanted to be a housewife and a mother.. I never wanted to be anything else...

i don't see why he should share household chores with his wife that doesn't work. If he works his a$$ off, it's only fair that he can relax when he's home.

When I wasn't work I'd do pretty much all housework. Now that we both work I ask him to help me.

that is what I am trying to get across :lol::thumbs:

not everybody thinks like us, though. They still think that the wife should do all housework.

when I was pregnant.. my hubby always helped me with the laundry and the groceries etc....

I know if I was working he would help out more around the house but like I said I really don't mind..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

It's not about who is doing the chores. It's that she said she COULDN'T work full time because she WOULDN'T be able to take care of her hubby. I don't know, Javi can take care of himself pretty well without me. He's 23 years old. I'm not his mama and I'm not his maid. I do my housework and chores but if anything should happen to me he needs to know how to do it as well. Plus, he's a grown man. He can take care of himself. He don't need me to take care of him. I sure wouldn't not work or not do something because he "needed" taking care of. Sorry, maybe I'm missing the point. I just don't see why a grown man needs "taken care of".

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

we both do things around the house even though neil works and I don't. I go to school but I'm off for the next month so I'll probably do a little more. the main thing I do is cook and wash clothes sometimes. we both fold or put away our own laundry. we have a cleaning lady so we take turns doing stuff like running the vacuum is the carpets get dirty in between her visits. he empties the trash and carries the recycle bins outside on trash day and then I bring them back in. we try to just share the few tasks we have or do things for ourselves.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Timeline

I meant I wouldn't have time during the week to do laundry etc... and I wouldn't want to waste time on the weekend doing it...

I don't want my hubby doing the laundry by himself.. he is horrible at it :lol:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I meant I wouldn't have time during the week to do laundry etc... and I wouldn't want to waste time on the weekend doing it...

i don't trust anyone doing my laundry

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Timeline
Cause she enjoys it Booty. I can understand that.

People are different and like different things. You're more "modern" if you will, and she's more old fashioned.

It's all ok.

yeah like I said earlier..... call me crazy but I have always wanted to be a housewife and mother..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

People are different and like different things. You're more "modern" if you will, and she's more old fashioned.

It's all ok.

Then she should say SHE doesn't want to work a full time job. Not that she COULDN'T work a full time job. If she doesn't want to work full time then so be it. But to use having to take care of her husband as a reason to not work full time is lost on me. I guess I am just way to independent to understand this logic.

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

Timeline

i don't trust anyone doing my laundry

me too.. I didn't even trust my mom to do my laundry :lol:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

It's not about who is doing the chores. It's that she said she COULDN'T work full time because she WOULDN'T be able to take care of her hubby. I don't know, Javi can take care of himself pretty well without me. He's 23 years old. I'm not his mama and I'm not his maid. I do my housework and chores but if anything should happen to me he needs to know how to do it as well. Plus, he's a grown man. He can take care of himself. He don't need me to take care of him. I sure wouldn't not work or not do something because he "needed" taking care of. Sorry, maybe I'm missing the point. I just don't see why a grown man needs "taken care of".

I'm with you on that one booty.

The one thing I do for Neil that drives me nuts is wake him up for work. He wakes me up too since we both hate alarm clocks, but if he was only as easy to wake up as I am :P

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Timeline

It's all ok.

Then she should say SHE doesn't want to work a full time job. Not that she COULDN'T work a full time job. If she doesn't want to work full time then so be it. But to use having to take care of her husband as a reason to not work full time is lost on me. I guess I am just way to independent to understand this logic.

you don't need to take things so literally :lol: I explained a few posts above that I meant I wouldn't have time during the week to do the chores...

mvSuprise-hug.gif