The Say Anything Thread - take 5

5,005 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Yesterday the schools were closed here in case Trop storm Fay came here, they had the make the decision Monday before the track was certain. It was only breezy and partly cloudy here yesterday. I loved hurricane days in school when it turned out to be a nice day. It's Florida's version of snow days, kind of.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Timeline

Hello my precious friends :P

The real estate seminar was so boring that I left at 3:30pm instead of 6pm. It's a cold and rainy day and it feels good being home. Have to do some laundry soon to be prepared for my trip.

Mom is starting another chemo on top of the one she is already taking. Fingers crossed that it does the trick. It has mean side effects, the skin of her hands and feet will turn red and burst. I feel so sorry for her and her wee little hands (my Mom is tiny LOL). At least her hair will most likely not fall out, so we are happy about that. :D

Plus I got a letter from my employer signed which states that I am a full time employee and expected back after my vacation. POE, here I come! :P

So I am good and bad at the same time, but all in all just glad about being home and flying out soon. Although I just heard about the flight desaster in Madrid. mMy heart goes out to the poor people who lost their lives. And to their relatives, of course. (F)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
something like.. how well do you know them?? ... :lol:

Yeah, something like that. Or worse. :unsure:

yeah probably worse much worse :lol:

she's bosco's #1 fan :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
something like.. how well do you know them?? ... :lol:

Yeah, something like that. Or worse. :unsure:

yeah probably worse much worse :lol:

she's bosco's #1 fan :dance:

And there he is! That wasn't nearly as bad as I expected though. :lol:

i'm trying to keep you off balance.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Julie-I can't imagine everything your mom is going through, and you too.

My husband has an interview on Tuesday. :) He doesn't dislike his current job but the job he is interviewing for is only 8 1/2 miles away and his current job is 45 or so miles away in downtown Tampa. It's rare when a good job in his field opens in our county so he applied to see what would happen and they called him for an interview. He'll see how it goes and what the benefits are like compared to his current job. At his current job he gets 20 days PTO which is really great for planning trips to India. He'd have to see what kind of PTO would be at the new job. But the savings in gas money would be great, plus he'd have a salary increase. So we are now just waiting for the interview and see what happens if he gets a job offer there. It's a state government research center that does research on water supply issues and environmental restoration and other geological and water issues for Florida. He'd be going computer programming/analysis stuff for them.

Timeline

Thanks! Yeah govt jobs here are pretty good too. :) Since we are stuck in FL for awhile he might as well work closer to home, which has so many benefits!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

my hubby's commute is like 20 minutes or so right now but he has the added bonus of getting to take the work van home and his work pays for the gas :thumbs:

they actually had him do his first service call yesterday.. he said he thinks he did ok... till now he has just been changing filters and stuff...

mvSuprise-hug.gif