Ban Hammer

The Say Anything Thread - take 5

5,005 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I don't know what kind of low income rentals they are building near you, but here they built some of these over the past few years and they are actually very nice. You had to make at least certain amount(these aren't free places to live or where they adjust your rent according to income, it's a set rent), but couldn't make over another amount to rent there. They are beautiful looking apts and as far as I know there haven't been problems. I don't know what the buildings are like in your town, I mean we don't have any high rises and they are Florida style so it's several 2 story complexes. But where I live is probably way different than a bigger city area so it can't truly compare.

Well I don't live in a big city. This is a suburb about 45 miles outside of NYC.

The rentals are going to be 4 three-story buildings, arranged in a square with a courtyard in the middle.

The builder is the same company that built market-rate condos on adjacent parcels, and those are very nice too.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I am sure where you live looks much more like city then where I do, that's why I said that. :P

-----

7th day of almost all day rain, this is crazy. :( Looks like there is enough rain coming to last all day again. Tampa is avoiding a lot of it. Sujeet said it hasn't rained that much at his work, but where we live must be near the bottom edge of whatever system this is. I am tired of the rain!

us_se_9regradar_plus_usen.jpg

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I am getting worried.. hubby says work has been slowing down.. (the weather has really cooled off these last couple of weeks)...

he was working with a guy yesterday and will today too.. this guy says it really slows down during the "winter" months.. they barely get 30 hours...

and hubby's 90 days are up soon, I am thinking that they might get rid of him.. hubby says he can get another job, he said he has gotten a lot of calls .. but then we are back to me having no car unless he gets lucky again and gets a company vehicle...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline
I am sure where you live looks much more like city then where I do, that's why I said that. :P

Depends. Around here you can go from what appears to be an urban main street teeming with people to a rural looking area within minutes.

I believe they call it a suburb in the process of urbanization.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Good Morning All,...I'm tired,...we went to California Adventure yesterday at the Disney Resort in Anaheim. Drove straight past Chino Hills to get there,....at least I now know where it is in relation to everything....the twilight zone's Tower of terror ,..ROCKS!!!!

another busy day today,..off to do so school clothes shopping for the girls,...and it's not cheap with two 15 year old girls to deall with!!

Ok,..it's coffee time.

Jodee

Edited by jodee

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

lol @ suburbs

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Timeline

living in the city ftw

El Presidente of VJ

Wohnen Heute

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Jodee-I'm glad you had fun! I have been on the Tower of Terror in Orlando... :unsure: I'm a big scaredy cat so I only went on that one time after a friend had to coax me onto it. This was a looong time ago, and I had a crush on that friend so that explains why I let him talk me into it. haha. Pathetic. Maybe Sujeet could talk me into it one day if we go there.

I am getting worried.. hubby says work has been slowing down.. (the weather has really cooled off these last couple of weeks)...

he was working with a guy yesterday and will today too.. this guy says it really slows down during the "winter" months.. they barely get 30 hours...

and hubby's 90 days are up soon, I am thinking that they might get rid of him.. hubby says he can get another job, he said he has gotten a lot of calls .. but then we are back to me having no car unless he gets lucky again and gets a company vehicle...

Hmm sorry Marilyn. Maybe he won't lose the job though. Is there something he could do as a side job when the months are slow to make up for it?

Depends. Around here you can go from what appears to be an urban main street teeming with people to a rural looking area within minutes.

I believe they call it a suburb in the process of urbanization.

Our area is the same, I can be in rural horse field looking areas in about 10 mins. It's basically one huge neighborhood here with stores thrown in here and there.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

yeah he could AC on the side...

awhile back me mentioned that the was interested in taking an appliance repair course but he hasn't said anything about that recently..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
living in the city ftw

the city is nice to hang out in, but too many freaks to live there.

or too many mexicans, in my case :jest:

El Presidente of VJ

Wohnen Heute

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i just took a bunch of pics with the staff and the kids :D

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Timeline
living in the city ftw

the city is nice to hang out in, but too many freaks to live there.

or too many mexicans, in my case :jest:

:rofl:

lol

not enough indians though.. there are only 2 restaurants around my house, one is aight.. the other one is (gay)only vegetarian.. #######? naa.. they have good veggie vindaloo (still gay)

El Presidente of VJ

Wohnen Heute