~bLairwhich~

CFO RENEWAL PHP 800 AND AFFIDAVIT OF LOST

16 posts in this topic

I went to CFO last Friday to renew my CFO certificate, I got CFO certificate last year because kailangan ko because requirement naman ng Korean Embassy that time for me to visit my husband who is stationed there.

Now that I got my US Visa naman. I learned from here SA vj na i re renew pala yung CFO certificate because it's valid for only a year.

Problem is, I no longer have the original copy of the CFO certificate, the green one. Sa pagkakatanda ko na submit ko yun sa Korean Embassy nung kumuha ako ng VISA. What was left for me is the xerox copy lang and the original copy ng certificate from PRISM.

Tumawag ako sa PRISM if ano ang kailangan kong gawin, sabi sa akin dumiretso na lang daw ako sa CFO at dalhin ko yung green na certificate para ma renew yung certificate ko and at the same time ay mataatkan na ang passport ko. Pero guyz, pagkadating ko sa CFO, they won't accept my xerox copy, I explained to them na nasa Korean Embassy nga yung original, tas nakita naman nila na I had tourist Korean VISA twice na dun sa passport ko.

In the end heto pa din ang ipinakukuha nila:

-Affidavit of Lost (pero sabihin ko daw sa abugado, hindi na lost--humm)

-Fee of Php800 (this is the one na naiinis ako, why pay this much, just for renewal????)

Well, I just don't like the idea na mag babayad ng Php800...I mean what's the worth, sa pagkakatanda ko hindi ganung kalaki yung CFO certificate fee nung kumuha ako the first time, and even if....why Php800 sa isang maliit na green na papel??? I don't even have to repeat the seminar.

I would be happy to hear your opinion guyz...di ba napaka unreasonable??

Edited by blairbitxh

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

wwhhhaaaaattttt????????????? PhP800 for renewal??? :o

i had my seminar last year because it is a requirement in applying for passport if you are married to a foreigner. you mean to say the seminar is only valid for 1 year? how come they never discussed that matter in the seminar? and the validity is not even stated in the certificate plus why twice the amount in renewing the certificate? GEEZ! that's insane. if this is true then it is soooo unjust :angry:

i am gonna phone them tom and clarify this.

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Timeline
hmm ,., wait ,.,. how much will you pay for the renewal if you still have the certificate? kasi i still have mine.

My son named Zac

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

hmm ,., wait ,.,. how much will you pay for the renewal if you still have the certificate? kasi i still have mine.

ahh sabi nung babae sa Counter 1 ng CFO mas makakamura daw ako kapag nasa akin yung original green copy kaseh hindi ko na kailangan na magpa affidavit of lost pero Php800 pa din para sa renewal...:(

She gave me CFO form na i fi fill up and checklist ng kailangan kung i submit.

-Affidavit of Lost

-Xerox copy ng US VISA

-Php 800 fee

Timeline

ahh sabi nung babae sa Counter 1 ng CFO mas makakamura daw ako kapag nasa akin yung original green copy kaseh hindi ko na kailangan na magpa affidavit of lost pero Php800 pa din para sa renewal...:(

-Affidavit of Lost

-Xerox copy ng US VISA

-Php 800 fee

huh? paanong makakamura kung nasa atin pa rin yung green card? mejo naguguluhan ako. u mean to say we need to pay 800 with or without the green card?

My son named Zac

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

AOS TIMELINE

-Affidavit of Lost

-Xerox copy ng US VISA

-Php 800 fee

huh? paanong makakamura kung nasa atin pa rin yung green card? mejo naguguluhan ako. u mean to say we need to pay 800 with or without the green card?

YUP MAGBABAYAD PA DIN WITH OR WITHOUT CFO'S GREEN CARD/CERTIFICATE. MAKAKAMURA KASEH HINDI NA AKO MAGPAPA AFFODAVIT OF LOST KUNG NASA AKIN UYUNG ORIGINAL COPY.

BUT RENEWAL FEE OF PHP800 STILL REMAINS.

I never encountered any dilemma in prism at all. I even attended CFO seminar a year ago (March 2007 to be exact), then proceed to prism on the same day for advanced stamped payment. I got my visa last 4th of July, later in the afternoon headed to prism filled out their form attached my original green certficate then half a minutes after they gave back my passport with CFO stamped.

p1010202qr6.jpg

-------

CR1-CR2

06/22/07 - Sent I-130

12/04/07 - Approved

06/26/08 - Interview

07/04/08 - Visa on hand

08/08/08 - Arrived in US

08/21/08 - SSN and GC in mail

Removing Conditions

06/15/10 - Mailed I-751 packet via USPS

06/17/10 - Delivered to CSC

06/22/10 - Check was cashed

06/24/10 - Received NOA letter (Dated 6/17/10)

07/03/10 - Received biometric letter (Biometric Appointment dated 07/23/10)

07/20/10 - Early biometric done

08/13/10 - APPROVED

I never encountered any dilemma in prism at all. I even attended CFO seminar a year ago (March 2007 to be exact), then proceed to prism on the same day for advanced stamped payment. I got my visa last 4th of July, later in the afternoon headed to prism filled out their form attached my original green certficate then half a minutes after they gave back my passport with CFO stamped.

wow, that's great that you don't have to pay any fee! I did not went to PRISM directly to renew kash nung tumawag ako sa PRISM sabi nila punta daw ako sa CFO main office, nung nasa CFO naman ako may renewal fee naman na Php800.00!! Tapos magpapa affidavit of lost pa ako kaseh wala nga sa akin yung green na CFO certificate at na submit ko sya last year sa Korean Embassy.

I got my US VISA last July 2, 2008.

I got PRISM/CFO certificate last year (June 13, 2007)

Edited by blairbitxh

Timeline

hi blairbitxh,

i just called SMEF (where i had my seminar last year) and was able to talked to a nice lady. here are the question i posed to her:

1. does the certificate you issued to us has an expiration?

no, that certificate has a lifetime validity.

2. how much do we need to pay if we lost the green card?

you only need to pay PhP250

3. does PRISM and SMEF has the same rules and lectures in CFO Seminars?

about seminar, yes, we have the same format but in terms or rules then no, we have both have different rules since we are both 2 different organizations.

4. i just wanna ask the situation of someone i know. she attended her seminar in PRISM last year and she used the certificate they issued to her in KOREAN EMBASSY and now that she needs to have that certificate again for the visa sticker, CFO is asking her to declare that she lost her certificate wherein fact i wasn't. they are asking her to pay Php800 for the renewal plus she needs to have affidavit of support. how come she needs to pay that much?

ma'am, i'm sorry but PRISM and SMEF has different rules. Here if you lost your certificate then you only need to pay Php250 plus here the certificate has lifetime validity.

5. is it possible for her to just renew the certificate there?

no ma'am, because she already had her seminar there and that is where they released her first certificate.

i think SMEF is better than PRISM, but that is just my own conclusion :)

My son named Zac

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

AOS TIMELINE

I went to CFO last Friday to renew my CFO certificate, I got CFO certificate last year because kailangan ko because requirement naman ng Korean Embassy that time for me to visit my husband who is stationed there.

Now that I got my US Visa naman. I learned from here SA vj na i re renew pala yung CFO certificate because it's valid for only a year.

Problem is, I no longer have the original copy of the CFO certificate, the green one. Sa pagkakatanda ko na submit ko yun sa Korean Embassy nung kumuha ako ng VISA. What was left for me is the xerox copy lang and the original copy ng certificate from PRISM.

Tumawag ako sa PRISM if ano ang kailangan kong gawin, sabi sa akin dumiretso na lang daw ako sa CFO at dalhin ko yung green na certificate para ma renew yung certificate ko and at the same time ay mataatkan na ang passport ko. Pero guyz, pagkadating ko sa CFO, they won't accept my xerox copy, I explained to them na nasa Korean Embassy nga yung original, tas nakita naman nila na I had tourist Korean VISA twice na dun sa passport ko.

In the end heto pa din ang ipinakukuha nila:

-Affidavit of Lost (pero sabihin ko daw sa abugado, hindi na lost--humm)

-Fee of Php800 (this is the one na naiinis ako, why pay this much, just for renewal????)

Well, I just don't like the idea na mag babayad ng Php800...I mean what's the worth, sa pagkakatanda ko hindi ganung kalaki yung CFO certificate fee nung kumuha ako the first time, and even if....why Php800 sa isang maliit na green na papel??? I don't even have to repeat the seminar.

I would be happy to hear your opinion guyz...di ba napaka unreasonable??

Just go and get a new cfo certificate and pay P250 + P400 visa sticker. Then sleep during the seminar blairbitxh :rofl: Sometimes there are certain rules/laws that are really insignifant just because of money matters! #######!!!

Our CR1 & CR2 Visa Timeline

USCIS

12/04/2007 : I-130 Sent to USCIS

01/29/2008 : NOA1

05/07/2008 : NOA2 (Approved)

NVC

05/14/2008 : NVC assigned MNL Case No.

05/26/2008 : NVC Generates AOS & IV Bill

06/02/2008 : Online Payment AOS & IV Bill

06/04/2008 : Printed I-864; DS-230 & Barcoded coversheet

06/12/2008 : Sent I-864 & DS-230 Packets to NVC via USPS (overnight)

06/13/2008 : NVC received the Packets

06/16/2008 : NVC entered the I-864 & DS-230 into the system

06/19/2008 : CR2 Case Completed while CR1 got RFE DS-230 #2 & #20

06/26/2008 : Sent the corrected RFE DS-230 to NVC via USPS (overnight)

06/27/2008 : NVC received the RFE DS-230 corrections

07/03/2008 : CASE COMPLETED!!!

USEM

08/13/2008 : Medical Exam PASSED!!! (Aug. 13, 14 & 15)

08/14/2008 : Received the hardcopy of the NVC Appointment Date

09/10/2008 : Interview PASSED! (Pink & White Slip due to DV)

09/26/2008 : Visa Received

10/12/2008 : Arrived to USA!!!

USA

10/12/2008 : POE Detroit

10/20/2008 : Received SSN

11/14/2008 : Received The Welcome Notice from Homeland (USCIS)

11/19/2008 : Received Green Card (11/30 got from old address mailbox)

ROC

09/03/2010 : Packet sent to USCIS

09/03/2010 : Received by USCIS

Matthew 6:34

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own"

hi blairbitxh,

i just called SMEF (where i had my seminar last year) and was able to talked to a nice lady. here are the question i posed to her:

1. does the certificate you issued to us has an expiration?

no, that certificate has a lifetime validity.

2. how much do we need to pay if we lost the green card?

you only need to pay PhP250

3. does PRISM and SMEF has the same rules and lectures in CFO Seminars?

about seminar, yes, we have the same format but in terms or rules then no, we have both have different rules since we are both 2 different organizations.

4. i just wanna ask the situation of someone i know. she attended her seminar in PRISM last year and she used the certificate they issued to her in KOREAN EMBASSY and now that she needs to have that certificate again for the visa sticker, CFO is asking her to declare that she lost her certificate wherein fact i wasn't. they are asking her to pay Php800 for the renewal plus she needs to have affidavit of support. how come she needs to pay that much?

ma'am, i'm sorry but PRISM and SMEF has different rules. Here if you lost your certificate then you only need to pay Php250 plus here the certificate has lifetime validity.

5. is it possible for her to just renew the certificate there?

no ma'am, because she already had her seminar there and that is where they released her first certificate.

i think SMEF is better than PRISM, but that is just my own conclusion :)

HI WOW THANKS A LOT FOR INQUIRING ABOUT MY ISSUE! I APPRECIATE IT ALOT!!!THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

I JUST WANT TO CLARIFY SOMETHINGS, WHAT WAS MISSING WAS THE GREEN CERTIFICATE FROM CFO, I STILL HAVE THE YELLOW CARD FROM PRISM. WHEN I WENT TO CFO MAIN OFFICE I PRESENTED THE YELLOW CARD FROM PRISM (ORIGINAL) AND XEROX COPY OF CFO CERTIFICATE. YES. ABSOLUTELY RIGHT, WALANG EXPIRATION DATE EITHER SA PRISM OR CFO CERTIFICATE NA NAKA INDICATE BUT I POSTED A TOPIC HERE BEFORE AND SOME VJERS TOLD ME ABOUT 1 YEAR EXPIRATION AND RENEWAL. ALSO, PAGKADATING KO SA CFO, SA COUNTER 1, MAY IBINIGAY SA AKING RENEWAL FORM NA MAY CHECKLIST, DUN SA CHECKLIST MAY NAKALAGAY NA PHP400 RENEWAL FEE PERO SINULATAN NUNG SA COUNTER 1 AT GINAWANG PHP800. TAPOS "AFFIDAVIT OF LOST" BECAUSE CONSIDERED NA NAWAWALA NA DAW YUNG CFO CERTIFICATE KO WHICH IS THE TRUTH, COMMON SENSE NAMAN NA KOREAN EMBASSY HAS IT. WHAT THEY WANT ME TO DO? MAGBAYAD NG 800 SA ISANG PIRASONG PAPEL AT MA RENEW ANG CERTIFICATE NG HINDI KO NAMAN PALA UULITIN ANG SEMINAR?

IT REALLY PISSES ME OFF.. TAMA SI FILRICANS, I GUESS I MUST DO WHAT SHE TOLD...THANKS EVERYONE :star: :star:

Timeline
HI WOW THANKS A LOT FOR INQUIRING ABOUT MY ISSUE! I APPRECIATE IT ALOT!!!THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!![/b]

I JUST WANT TO CLARIFY SOMETHINGS, WHAT WAS MISSING WAS THE GREEN CERTIFICATE FROM CFO, I STILL HAVE THE YELLOW CARD FROM PRISM. WHEN I WENT TO CFO MAIN OFFICE I PRESENTED THE YELLOW CARD FROM PRISM (ORIGINAL) AND XEROX COPY OF CFO CERTIFICATE. YES. ABSOLUTELY RIGHT, WALANG EXPIRATION DATE EITHER SA PRISM OR CFO CERTIFICATE NA NAKA INDICATE BUT I POSTED A TOPIC HERE BEFORE AND SOME VJERS TOLD ME ABOUT 1 YEAR EXPIRATION AND RENEWAL. ALSO, PAGKADATING KO SA CFO, SA COUNTER 1, MAY IBINIGAY SA AKING RENEWAL FORM NA MAY CHECKLIST, DUN SA CHECKLIST MAY NAKALAGAY NA PHP400 RENEWAL FEE PERO SINULATAN NUNG SA COUNTER 1 AT GINAWANG PHP800. TAPOS "AFFIDAVIT OF LOST" BECAUSE CONSIDERED NA NAWAWALA NA DAW YUNG CFO CERTIFICATE KO WHICH IS THE TRUTH, COMMON SENSE NAMAN NA KOREAN EMBASSY HAS IT. WHAT THEY WANT ME TO DO? MAGBAYAD NG 800 SA ISANG PIRASONG PAPEL AT MA RENEW ANG CERTIFICATE NG HINDI KO NAMAN PALA UULITIN ANG SEMINAR?

IT REALLY PISSES ME OFF.. TAMA SI FILRICANS, I GUESS I MUST DO WHAT SHE TOLD...THANKS EVERYONE :star: :star:

hi blairbitxh,

i know how frustrated you are paying twice the amount of that paper ,., haay naku! ewan ko ba ba't ganun pero pagnawala mo daw yun talag e CFO ang deretso mo at Php 800 pa. pero ano pa nga ba? wala tayong magagawa.

My son named Zac

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

AOS TIMELINE

HI WOW THANKS A LOT FOR INQUIRING ABOUT MY ISSUE! I APPRECIATE IT ALOT!!!THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!![/b]

hi blairbitxh,

i know how frustrated you are paying twice the amount of that paper ,., haay naku! ewan ko ba ba't ganun pero pagnawala mo daw yun talag e CFO ang deretso mo at Php 800 pa. pero ano pa nga ba? wala tayong magagawa.

YEAH, NAKAKINIS TALAGA ANG MGA GANITONG SISTEMA, IT SHOULD HAVE REFORM...IT'S OKAY NAMAN NA MAGBAYAD IF IT'S REASONABLE. KAPIRASONG PAPEL AT RENEWAL PHP800!!PARA AKONG BUMILI NG KALAHATING PIRASONG BOND PAPER SA HALAGANG 800 PESOS.

LOL...TATAWA NA LANG AKO NG TATAWA. :bonk:

THANKS THANKS TALAGA.

SALAMAT SA MGA COMMENTS. SAKA DUN SA TAWAG ............I APPRECIATE IT A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by blairbitxh

Timeline

hi blairbitxh,

YEAH, NAKAKINIS TALAGA ANG MGA GANITONG SISTEMA, IT SHOULD HAVE REFORM...IT'S OKAY NAMAN NA MAGBAYAD IF IT'S REASONABLE. KAPIRASONG PAPEL AT RENEWAL PHP800!!PARA AKONG BUMILI NG KALAHATING PIRASONG BOND PAPER SA HALAGANG 800 PESOS.

LOL...TATAWA NA LANG AKO NG TATAWA. :bonk:

THANKS THANKS TALAGA.

SALAMAT SA MGA COMMENTS. SAKA DUN SA TAWAG ............I APPRECIATE IT A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's ok no prob :) ,., kaya lang kasi bat masmahal pa yung CFO sa passport lol! anyways Congrats at lapit mo na makasama SO mo ;)

My son named Zac

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

AOS TIMELINE

• 11 years later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.