Mommy2ZaidnSalma

Monday....

89 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
good call on the redo, i could really use one of those...My next day off isnt til saturday!

I am however, really looking forward to friday...Not only is it my payday and Sofyans,(and our 3 yr wedding anniversary on saturday) but, I have an all night babysitter and he and I and a bunch of our friends are going to pepes for mexican and margaritas then we are going to a local fest where a band called "infinity" (they cover for journey) are playing, and they are awesome! Its the first time for us to go out since Zaid was born, so, Im really looking forward to it...

p.s. LOVE that new pic of ayman, his belly looks soo big in the plaid!! lol..what a doll!

Here's a better look for ya...lol. I think it's more the shirt than his belly. The shirt is a wee bit small.

DSCF0967.JPG

Edited by carshel

goCsm4.png

photo22-1-1.jpg

AF3Cm5.png

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good luck today Jackie :star: .

I'm feeling icky today and want to cut out of work early and take a nap before school :innocent: but I hardly ever work up the courage to ask - I just sit here misserable and do as little work as possible :dead:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Timeline

Kelz, Tasha's boy is Malek... Carrie's boy is Ayman!

It's ok, hubby's name is Ayman too so we can be confusing :yes:

Good luck on your road trip!

Hope you feel better polarbear!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Your right tasha it does confuse me cause your hubby is ayman...but durr anyways, i know better...another thing...carrie is carshel, and she has simo...but isnt there also a Carolyn whos hubby Simo is too from morocco? or did i make that up? lol...

noura, have fun on your Meetup...seems like most people in the forum here are around the coasts, then theres me jackie and lulu from the good old midwest, lol...

eta: carrie i figured it was just the shirt , zaid looks chunky in plaid too!

edited again to add....HIS CHEEKS ARE SOOOO CUTE IN THAT PIC

Edited by ks71905

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Timeline

kel, we also have andrea, cheryl, terrie and malarie :thumbs: oh oh oh malarie told me that the latin singer we LOVE is coming to Chicago in September :) i have my fingers and toes crossed that she gets tickets again.

I wacked some weeds and now I am getting sooooo nervous. I have 3 hours til new job. *biting my grass juice stained fingers...* ewwww

jJ

Timeline

hi. monday morning and bigazz meeting in an hour with the big big big boss. her personality is the mirror image of whatshername from The Devil Wears Prada. blech

Good luck Jackie! Geesh I miss the weekend and you already have another job! way to go!!!

All the babies look adorable. I want one !!!!!!!

Vacation next week...can't wait!

Make up dilemma:

So my 12 yr old's friends ALL wear makeup and my response this past year has always been "if they ALL jumped off a bridge would you?".................to which she always replies "if I had a bungee cord attached to me, sure!" :wacko:

Anyhoo I told her she could wear lip gloss and zit concealer but I *know* she's been wearing mascara to school (before it became summertime) because at the end of the day it would bleed down to under her eyes. I have seen her friends and they all have those racoon eyes 'cause they pile on the eyeliner. BLECH. Not a good look for a 12 yr old they look like ladies of the evening instead!

So..........I sat her down and told her that I'm going to take her and her sister next week for a makeover. I figured I can just make an appt with MAC or Clinique or something. That way, since they're going to do it behind my back anyways I'd rather allow it and have them do it properly so they don't look like lil hoochie mamas, you know?

My question is.............what product would give them more of a natural look, or does it not matter and I should just explain to the woman doing it that I want the least amount as possible ? I'm really not into makeup. Never have been. I wash my face with a good product from Elizabeth Grady and same with moisturizer and toner but for makeup I just use under eye concealer and that's that.

Any thoughts?

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Timeline

doods, I don't think they will be interested in the natural look. The girls their age are into emo and goth and lots of black liner is better. Just bang your head against a brick wall for ohhhh...about 6 more years. :thumbs:

eyeliner2.jpg

Have fun in that meeting! I was unemployed for only about 23 hours. :) alhamdulillah

Edited by just_Jackie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
My question is.............what product would give them more of a natural look, or does it not matter and I should just explain to the woman doing it that I want the least amount as possible ? I'm really not into makeup. Never have been. I wash my face with a good product from Elizabeth Grady and same with moisturizer and toner but for makeup I just use under eye concealer and that's that.

Any thoughts?

I really like (and think it would be great for teenagers - my niece wears it) is Bare Essentials Mineral Makeup. If you have a Sephora around, they carry it there. MAC is also really good... you can schedule a makeup application which costs $50 *or* you can purchase $50 in product and application is free.

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Timeline
doods, I don't think they will be interested in the natural look. The girls their age are into emo and goth and lots of black liner is better. Just bang your head against a brick wall for ohhhh...about 6 more years. :thumbs:

eyeliner2.jpg

Have fun in that meeting! I was unemployed for only about 23 hours. :) alhamdulillah

My 11 yr old wanted to know what nailpolish colors she can mix to make black since we have no black nail polish in the house. :blink: I think she just asked to scare me. they do that a LOT. Their most recent thing is singing that "I kissed a girl and I liked it" song wicked loud since they know I hate it. 6 more years, eh? LOL

Any thoughts?

I really like (and think it would be great for teenagers - my niece wears it) is Bare Essentials Mineral Makeup. If you have a Sephora around, they carry it there. MAC is also really good... you can schedule a makeup application which costs $50 *or* you can purchase $50 in product and application is free.

I"ll do the second option. lol. I mean obviously if I"m going to get the makeover I'll end up buying product so why not just buy the product anyways. I'll call them after my meeting. Thanks!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

GOOD LUCK JACKIE. Where ya been girl? I miss ya. I hope you have a super terriffic day at the new job ensha'allah!!!!!

G'morning everyone! Yay Jackie for working w/ Tiffany again... good luck on your first day :thumbs: . Kelz, can you believe it's your 3yr anniversary in just 5 days? Wow! :star: All the MENA babies are getting big. I wonder how Salwa & Mark are doing and how their baby girl is? She must be getting big too!

Just got back from having our car serviced and oil changed. Heading to Houston Saturday am to meet Amal & MBP! yay for roadtrips!

It's a hot one here..........

Sounds like my kind of party Jackie! LOL!!!! good luck today!

Tasha....AYMAN IS SOOO BIG...and soo cute mashallah! That pic makes him look like hes 3 feet tall!

Kelz, Tasha's boy is Malek... Carrie's boy is Ayman!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY FOR ROADTRIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited I could pee! Have we decided on any schedules yet?

my last month worth of weekends have been booked. I barely know how to handle all of it. I have been a homebody with no friends for like 5 or 6 years so it's been awesome to have ppl to actually do stuff with.

Amal

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline

Bridge--Bare Minerals is one of those light makeups that you can have them show her how to put it on lighter and you can always add more to it if there is ever a time she needs it darker she just uses more of it without getting a darker shade. We have an Ulta store at the mall that sells them and does the facials. Also, Target is starting to sell the starter kits and you can get them through QVC. It's quite pricy but I will tell you that its good makeup and I have heard good stories about it not causing zits. She needs to be extra careful not to spill it because it is powder form.

OHHHHHHHHHHH the lollipop and I kissed a girl songgggggggggg.....ohhhhhhhhhh that was just not good at my house! I could still hide the lollipop meaning but the kiss the girl sung by a girl...needless to say that I have a son now that knows what that is...also he heard my hubby say shemale....he was busted this past weekend for calling his cousins shemales. Crazy kid!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.