tumbin

i had my interview on july 11th

4 posts in this topic

the officer asked for more evidence from me i for gotto get the copy of my wife id and my house is under my name she wats all the documents back i don't know whats the deal but she did make me sign the application and the pictures and gave me 2 letter one says passed the test on the bottom of the page says request for more evidence what should i do is this gonna delay my case now.

Adnan & Sadia Nizam

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
...what should i do is this gonna delay my case now.

Well, you passed, but before you can get the visa you need to give her the evidence she asked for on the other paper.

I think your other choice is to not do anything and result in not getting a visa...

Yes there is a delay until you provide the evidence.

Congrats!

--- our timeline ---

2008-03-15 Marriage

2008-06-02 I-130 Sent

2008-06-10 I-130 NOA1

2008-06-20 I-129F Sent

2008-08-06 I-130 Touch

2008-08-07 Both Approved! (NOA2)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
the officer asked for more evidence from me i for gotto get the copy of my wife id and my house is under my name she wats all the documents back i don't know whats the deal but she did make me sign the application and the pictures and gave me 2 letter one says passed the test on the bottom of the page says request for more evidence what should i do is this gonna delay my case now.

From some of the responses you got, I had to double check I was in the US Citizen section of this board, what is this talk about you not getting a visa?

You did take the test for US citizenship, right? And you are the immigrant, but your home is under your name while your wife is the US citizen? And you did apply for the three year marriage provision where you have to prove marriage to a US citizen?

Try to be more clear, I am the US citizen in my case, am a guy, and going in with my wife this coming Thursday and am bringing in the original proof that I am a US citizen even though that evidence was already submitted in the form of a copy. I did add my wife's name with a quit claim deed to my home, but it is paid off. A friend wants to do the same thing, but has a mortgage, and depending on the bank, no set rules on this, they want him to refinance at a higher interest rate to add his wife's name. This is giving him problems with the USCIS, but we both live in Wisconsin with communal property rights just based on the marriage certificate. Just told him to make a copy of our state statues on this matter and send that in. Or better yet, get a letter from a divorce attorney as to who gets what in the event of a divorce, that name on the deed is rather unimportant in our state. No fault divorce rules and if the spouse is reckless, an alcoholic, or a gambler that practically bankrupted the family, still gets half of everything that is left even if there is only one can of beans left. How do you split a can of beans 50-50?

Feel the most important piece of evidence are joint tax returns to let the USCIS know we are both paying a huge tax burden that part of their paychecks are depended upon, we sent in the last four years, even though they only asked for three.

Be more specific if you want help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.