Sprailenes

Beer Thread

64 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Stella is one of my favorites too. Its funny though because over here its considered a decent beer but over in England they call it "wife beater" :lol:

That's exactly what we call it - with good reason!! Seriously, that sh!t is a mystical, ###### up brew that makes you do very, very strange things. It also gives you the worst hangover in Christendom, too. I quit drinking that a long time ago - dangerous stuff.

See I have never had a bad hang over from stella. I don't really get hangovers, but I don't get drunk often.

Its funny because I have a friend from Leeds who came to visit me a couple of years ago and I bought a pitcher of Stella and he wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole! He said it was a chavs drink. It was hilarious. I had to drink that whole pitcher myself. :P

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
We lovingly refer to each other as a beer and coffee snob. It's more a joke than anything. We like out of the ordinary beer and coffee (Gene the beer). We KNOW about beer and coffee, and seek out places that offer something "different". May be silly, but we have fun with it! Maybe purist is a nicer word? :hehe:

Exactly.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Fave local brews (Toronto):

1. Steamwhistle
  2. Amsterdam Blonde
  3. Mill Street Tankhouse Ale

Fave imports:

1. Kronenberg 1664 (France)
  2. Holsten (Germany)
  3. Leffe Blonde (Belgium)

Lifting Conditions

01-Jun-2011: Filed I-751

06-Jun-2011: I-751 NOA

20-Jul-2011: Biometrics appointment

03-Dec-2011: File Electronic AR-11 to update address

25-Mar-2012: Approved

Filed: Timeline

I can't believe I'm in a beer thread! But then I saw that I'd already posted in it so I came to see what I had said because I couldn't remember. Thankfully, I see that it was way back in July because I started thinking.... "Maybe I had been drinking when I posted in that thread?" :unsure:

Busiest thread on a Saturday morning is a BEER thread, go figure!! lol

:lol:

That reminds me of my cousins. They were coming to my house for brunch and Scrabble one Sunday. Jay walks in the door and says "I stopped by the LCBO on my way here. You know you've got a problem when you're at the liquor store before it opens and there's a lineup." :lol:

And another! I joined the wine club at the fine wine store here in town. The owner, Nancy, is a sweetheart. Anyhoo.... I stopped by the store one morning, got to the door, then noticed it wasn't open yet. Nancy saw me and waved me in. I went in, sheepishly, and said "Is it bad that I'm at the door before you're even open yet?" :blush:

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.