My Husband's Father was Deported Yesterday

301 posts in this topic

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Has your family not been through enough already with all the problems you had trying to get your husband back here??? Good Lord. I am so angry over this, I too want to flee the country. How can we be proud to be part of a country that allows this #######????

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

I hope you can do something legally. This cannot be allowed. Please let us know which avenues you persue and which ones work. Im ready to join Yogi and go for a plane ride. :devil::whistle: What danger can a 70 yr old man possibly be???? arrrgghhhhhhhhhhh

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
His whole family have said they will NEVER step foot into this country again. My husband said that even if his parents wanted to try and come back that he would never let them.

I don't blame them a damm bit. I am so sorry this happened to your family.

Ditto. For a country I adore living in, that is home to some wonderful people, you have the worst IO officers in the world. I think the USA was voted the worst of all the countries in the world for the attitude and unwelcoming nature of these officers. It's shameful.

We are DEFINITELY going to proceed with a lawyer. My mother works for an international law firm and already has had counsel with an attorney who said she DEFINITELY wants to get involved. We are in the process of documenting everything and getting her all of the documents so that she can proceed. We think it's best to hold off from contacting the media until the lawyer has been in contact with Homeland Security and gets the information she needs.

I promise that I will keep you all updated on what we find out and how it proceeds.

Take this all the way. I wish you luck and am horrified by this story. :(

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am so so sorry to hear this story. It is infuriating. I swear the people they have at the airports are amongst the most uncivilized bunch of people i have ever come across. I had the same thing happen to my uncle in 2002 b/c of some confusion. I kept calling Dulles to ask about him and i was given NO information and I paged him and everything. Finally after several phone calls someone told me "they are sending him home" and it took me a while to understand these @#$# were sending him back (they tried to make him pay $$$$ for his own return ticket). He later told us that they were rude, humiliated him, treated him like a criminal , and told him "don't worry about a hotel, you can spend the night in jail." They also did not allow him to take his heart medication and said that "you don't have a heart problem, if you did, you'd be on the floor now"

keep us posted..and let us know we what we can do..

I-485 , I-765, I-130: NOA1 : 1/23/2006

Biometrics 2/23/2006

Temporary EAD given for 1 month ONLY b/c of Infopass appt: 5/1/2006

Went back to renew EAD through Infopass: EAD card was not given "due to reasons we can't disclose"

5/3/2007: Confirmation that EAD is delayed due to background checks. (started to use the senator, ombudsman and was just a royal pain in the neck)

5/30/2007: EAD production ordered (after over 400 days of waiting!!! woo hoo!)

AOS Interview: 5/12/2008!!! FINALLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/29/2008: card production ordered...918 days..can't wait to see that card!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I can't seem to get over this. I can't even imagine the pain or how difficult it was for him to tell his father he had to spend the night in jail.

I mean that alone in itself brought tears to my eyes.

JP

I swear, for the rest of my life, this is something I will never ever forget having to watch. My husband is very prideful and I've only seen him cry once before in the whole 8 years that we've been together. It was horrifying. And you know what, the whole time that he was telling his father this, his father just nodded his head and never showed emotion. He was strong and kept his pride. And I know that he did that for us...that's just the kind of man that he is.

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Timeline
Hi

I need to stop reading this thread. It is getting me more and more pizzed off and I am so sick of the way your In-laws were mistreated.

I am so upset I feel like flying down to that airport and Kick the living ####### out of them CHOPF##KS.. That is what they are, a bunch of GOOD OL BOY RED NECKS, that think they are god cause they got a badge on,

Yogi

You know, never at any time did we or have we had problems with them questioning his father or doing the security procedures required for entry. What IS the problem is the COMPLETE AND TOTAL ABUSE of their authority. How they acted and how they lied and what they did to his father went way beyond what was necessary.

Timeline
Hi

I need to stop reading this thread. It is getting me more and more pizzed off and I am so sick of the way your In-laws were mistreated.

I am so upset I feel like flying down to that airport and Kick the living ####### out of them CHOPF##KS.. That is what they are, a bunch of GOOD OL BOY RED NECKS, that think they are god cause they got a badge on,

Yogi

yogi, let's not stereotype them. i've seen zero that can positively state they are "rednecks"

I will tell you that one of the officers did not seem to be of American descent as he had a Spanish accent and the head officer for the evening shift was African American. I will say however, that the officer the demanded his father be cuffed from behind and pushed him around fit that stereotype EXACTLY.

The abuse was committed by more than one officer and all of different ethniticies.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

WAW SUBHANALLAH !! I am so sorry for these poor people! Charolette and Atlanta airports -> all I have to say is that they suck and they hate foreigners! I too, have had so many problems with them! But ####### to do this with 70 and 65 year old? ####### are they going to do? Bomb the airport? Jeeez, they are lucky enough to move around! ####### Thank you Bush for these stupid a#* politics you have sprung on the American people. Funny how old people get hassled, hurt and detained ... yet the real criminals are let go freely to commit their crimes!

I think you should really look into calling the FAA, CIA, your local Congressman, lawyer ... somebody! Freaking call this "great leader" Bush and demand an aplogy! ####### you should not let this slide by!

PS I agree wit Zsam, they seem to hire the most unqualified ignorant rude bad-mouth/tempered people to work at the INS front counters and the airport!

Edited by Henia

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I can't seem to get over this. I can't even imagine the pain or how difficult it was for him to tell his father he had to spend the night in jail.

I mean that alone in itself brought tears to my eyes.

JP

I swear, for the rest of my life, this is something I will never ever forget having to watch. My husband is very prideful and I've only seen him cry once before in the whole 8 years that we've been together. It was horrifying. And you know what, the whole time that he was telling his father this, his father just nodded his head and never showed emotion. He was strong and kept his pride. And I know that he did that for us...that's just the kind of man that he is.

Your Father in Law is a Very Classy person. That is how your husband got his pride from his proud father.

I hope someday I will have the honor of meeting your Father in law.

Just so you know I lost touch but I have a couple friends also from Morocco. They are very good people and I am happy to be there friend. :D

Yogi

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Just came back to check in on this thread and noticed the update to your story. Didn't think I could be even more outraged! :ranting: Alexandra...for you as well! A medical condition and they did nothing!? WTH is wrong with these people???

If we are hearing of these two stories here, can you imagine how many more people this has happened to that we haven't heard about? I am disgusted and ashamed that these monsters feel they have the power to treat people this way...and in the name of America's security???

To abuse a 70 year old man??? I'm absolutely sickened.

I know that nothing can be solved with violence but I can certainly understand your wanting to drive back down their and rip their heads off because that is what i'm feeling and it has nothing to do with me!

I'm so glad to know that you will persue this no matter what it takes... that is just what this situation needs. Make them pay!

Alexandra, if I were you I would contact anyone and everyone who will listen too! I'm so sorry you were treated this way. What a way to welcome someone to America! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Follow the links Rebecca posted. The only way these sad excuses for human beings will be stopped is if those effected stand united.

Please do keep us posted.

timeline.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I was utterly shocked by Allousa's story, and also by Alexandra's. Unfortunately, it seems many of those individuals go on power trips as soon as they are given a badge and a gun, and what should be protection of one's country quickly turns into gratuitous harassment of people who, in many cases, are just going on vacation (which means they are ready to spend their money in the US - I know I have spent quite a lot of it on my visits).

A couple of months ago I read about what had happened to a fellow Italian, a guy from my same home town of Rome - ten days in jail for having done absolutely nothing. This is the main reason why I have avoided visiting the US while waiting for the K-1.. I don't need to spend a 12-hour flight worrying about what is going to happen to me at the POE.

In any case, I hope Allousa takes action against those responsible of this horrible abuse of power. Her in-laws didn't deserve to be treated like that - no one does, and least of all two senior citizens who are unable to defend themselves.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.