newUSC

bring parents and brother?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi,

Thanks for all the info...

I asked an immigration lawyer and were told that my wife, a new USC, should apply for her brother at the same time as her parents...then when her parents become LPR, they can also apply for their son...And he will go to USA with the file which processes faster at the time...

The lawyer mentioned that it would take roughly about the same number of years for my wife to choose either way to apply for her brother: by her or by her parents once they become LPR.

However, the lawyer emphasized that the brother must stay un-married throughout the processing time if sponsored by the parents while he does not have to if sponsored by her sister (my wife) -> Conclusion: my wife already prepared sponsoring paperworks for him along with her parents.

Thanks again.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
your parents can apply for him after they get their GC. :thumbs::thumbs:

My brother is 13-years-old. My plan is get him a student visa while he waits for the Green card. :thumbs:

A student visa requires non immigrant intent.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

My brother is 13-years-old. My plan is get him a student visa while he waits for the Green card. :thumbs:

It depends, my brother is going to attend elementary school (private); consequently he will have to live in U.S.

It is the only thing I can do, once he is very young and the law does not give me any other options. :unsure:

Edited by lipslikesugar

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It depends, my brother is going to attend elementary school (private); consequently he will have to live in U.S.

It is the only thing I can do, once he is very young and the law does not give me any other options. :unsure:

He does not have to live in the US to go to elementary school.

First get your visa.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

First get your visa.

well, I want he living with me. and Yes, first I will get his visa. :yes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
hello i want to post my question here since its relevant topic...how many years the process if the USC petition the parents? and where to start?

Start with I-130

It took almost 2 and half years for my x when she filed for her mom from the philippines.

K1

06-20-05 Sent I129F to CSC

01-03-06 Interview

01-13-06 Pickup visa

02-12-06 Arrived POE @ SFO

AOS

02-14-06 Appy for SSN

03-10-06 SSN received without EAD

03-15-06 Apply for marriage license

03-16-06 Married

03-20-06 Changed last name on SSN

03-20-06 Applied for CA ID (denied because we need SSN)

03-27-06 Received new SSN

03-29-06 Apply for CA ID

04-08-06 Received CA ID

04-10-06 Sent out AOS I-485 & EAD I-765

04-12-06 AOS delivered

04-17-06 reject EAD I-765 (forgot to send $180)

04-24-06 Resent EAD I-765 with fee

04-27-06 EAD I-765 fee received

05-04-06 NOA for I-765 schedule

05-23-06 NOA for I-485 schedule

05-24-06 Biometric for I-765

06-01-06 Biometric for I-485

06-29-06 NOA for I-485 case transfer to CSC

07-24-06 NOA for I-485 (Welcome to the USA letter sent with PRC)

07-28-06 PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD and WELCOME TO THE USA LETTER RECEIVED

07-29-06 EAD approved

08-02-06 EAD mailed

08-05-06 EAD card received "why bother"

• 3 weeks later...

First get your visa.

Doesnt matter if you want him living with you. It matters what the USCIS thinks which unfortunately knows that their are often very good elementary schools even in other countries

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.