Steffi

I-90 Info thread for Greencard errors

299 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I made a whole therad about this (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8500&hl=), but I should obviously also add this to our talley...

I received yet another RFE, asking for original card, letter to explanation of error, 2 passport photos, and any additional supporting evidence. Received it yesterday, sent it back out today. :(

--------------------------------------

TO ADD YOUR NAME: COPY AND PASTE (including these instructions) AND PUT YOUR NAME IN THE APPROPRIATE PLACE OF WHEN YOU FILED YOUR I-90

Name--------------Sent I-90------Arrived-------Sent to-----Reason--------------NOA------------New card

Hotairguy---------------?--------------?------------NSC------wrong name-------04/18/05--------------?

Dano--------------------?--------------?--------------?--------wrong sex--------------?--------------02/16/06

Aussie_Rachel-----10/13-05-----10/17/05------NBC-----wrong country------None------------02/14/06

Jpatter123---------11/02/05-----11/15/05------CSC-----wrong sex----------11/23/05--------02/10/06

Steffi----------------11/30/05----12/06/05-------CSC-----wrong photo-----------?--------------02/27/06 file "closed" -"didn't" receive RFE that they did receive

Kezzie--------------12/20/05-----12/21/05------NBC------no card-------------02/03/06 refiled-had to pay fee

Atlantis-------------12/31/05-----12/31/06------MSC(Efile)-lost card---------01/03/05-------------????

Kearinne-----------01/18/06-----01/19/06------CSC------wrong sex---------02/03/06--------------?

marknir-------------01/31/06-----02/03/06------CSC------wrong country-------N/A------------------?

Kezzie (refiled)---02/03/06---------------------------------------------------------02/13/06--------------?

Debra&John-------02/13/06-----02/15/06-------MSC-----wrong photo------03/18/06-----------3/27/06

Aline---------------------?---------------?--------------?--------wrong name----------?--------------------?

Nushagak27-----------?---------------?--------------?--------wrong date-----------?---------------??/??/06

Charles------------03/06/06---------------------------------- wrong name --------------------------------------

Steffi (refiled)-----03/07/06-----03/09/06-------MSC-----wrong photo---------N/A-------------04/05/06 RFE

January 10, 2003: K1 NOA

October 23, 2003: AOS NOA

November 10, 2005: AOS approved w/o interview (749 days!!)

September 30, 2009: German Beibehaltungsgenehmigung

February 9, 2010: Naturalization interview and Oath Ceremony!

View profile for detailed timeline

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

Your problem is so interesting Steffi....we had the same thing and it was resolved rather quickly. Same problem....I dont get it also :( so sorry!

It dosent make sense! Maybe it was our Congressman, he has been great in helping us... :yes:

Praying for you (F)

Peace to All,

Debra

Timeline
Your problem is so interesting Steffi....we had the same thing and it was resolved rather quickly. Same problem....I dont get it also :( so sorry!

It dosent make sense! Maybe it was our Congressman, he has been great in helping us... :yes:

Praying for you (F)

Yeah, I have no clue. I think that's just my immigration luck. Somehow anything related toh me seems to not happen. I file through Atlanta, it takes over 2 years to get it. Now people file and it takes 5 months. I file the I-90, others get NOA's, I get RFE's. I have no clue how I do it (or them??), but somehow they just don't seem to like me.

And about the Congressman...I'm about to send some photos through him as well, so we'll see. If something comes through I may never know who it'll have come through. But I'm trying to Congerssman in any case (though, by the way, he just got the same results as we did through them: "you need to send in the photos").

Hi Everyone

I finally got my notice of receipt , dated 27/03/06 for my I90 which arrived there 02/03/06, but at least now I can get my passport stamped and I did get the fee waived

TO ADD YOUR NAME: COPY AND PASTE (including these instructions) AND PUT YOUR NAME IN THE APPROPRIATE PLACE OF WHEN YOU FILED YOUR I-90

Name--------------Sent I-90------Arrived-------Sent to-----Reason--------------NOA------------New card

Hotairguy---------------?--------------?------------NSC------wrong name-------04/18/05--------------?

Dano--------------------?--------------?--------------?--------wrong sex--------------?--------------02/16/06

Aussie_Rachel-----10/13-05-----10/17/05------NBC-----wrong country------None------------02/14/06

Jpatter123---------11/02/05-----11/15/05------CSC-----wrong sex----------11/23/05--------02/10/06

Steffi----------------11/30/05----12/06/05-------CSC-----wrong photo-----------?--------------02/27/06 file "closed" -"didn't" receive RFE that they did receive

Kezzie--------------12/20/05-----12/21/05------NBC------no card-------------02/03/06 refiled-had to pay fee

Atlantis-------------12/31/05-----12/31/06------MSC(Efile)-lost card---------01/03/05-------------????

Kearinne-----------01/18/06-----01/19/06------CSC------wrong sex---------02/03/06--------------?

marknir-------------01/31/06-----02/03/06------CSC------wrong country----03/27/06----------------?

Kezzie (refiled)---02/03/06---------------------------------------------------------02/13/06--------------?

Debra&John-------02/13/06-----02/15/06-------MSC-----wrong photo------03/18/06-----------3/27/06

Aline---------------------?---------------?--------------?--------wrong name----------?--------------------?

Nushagak27-----------?---------------?--------------?--------wrong date-----------?---------------??/??/06

Charles------------03/06/06---------------------------------- wrong name --------------------------------------

Steffi (refiled)-----03/07/06-----03/09/06-------MSC-----wrong photo---------N/A-------------04/05/06 RFE

and if you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......

I HOPE YOU DANCE

june 11 - 129f sent

june 16 - NOA1

august 20-NOA2

september 16-recieved pkt3

september 28- returned pkt3

Sent several emails to embassy asking when was interview date

Novemmber 2- email confirming 19th Nov as interview date

November 2- embassy posted packet 4 but it never arrived

November 10- rang embassy

November 11- finally recieved packet 4

November 19- APPROVED

November 23-recieved visa

december 31 2004 arrived in atlanta

January 7 we got married

January 14 applied for ssn, not in system

January 28 still not in system

Febury 8 sent off aos and ead

Febuary 11 recieved in chicago

febuary 11 in ssa system

Febuary 19 recieve ssn

March 1 NOA for EAD arrived

March 2 NOA for AOS arrived

March 5 biometrics and fingerprint appointment

March 23 got drivers license

March 31 EAD approved on line

April 7 EAD card arrived

April 10 Got a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Octobe 13 case transferred to csc(aos)

December 24 RFE

January 19 AOS APPROVED

Timeline

Still no card, huh?

This is just UNBELIEVABLE to me. There are like 2 Atlanta people that applied for their AOS in December and are now getting interviews (which is mind-boggeling enough thinking it took me 25 months). I applied for this REPLACEMENT in November and still nothing. I just don't understand. How can an original go through faster than a replacement? Anyway, sorry about my constant bitching, but you guys are in the same situation so I'm sure you feel the same way. Let it end already!

Filed: Timeline

Ok home from infopass appointment... the officer was very understanding but there was nothing he could do other than open an enquiry on my I-90..... so we have to wait another 30 days to see if we hear anything....

But he did tell me that I may not have to go for fresh biometrics as the ones I had done for the original Greencard are still good.... I asked him if that is the case will I get me $70 back.... he just laughed and said I doubt it....

so the wait goes on and on.....

Kezzie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi a ? again where to file I90 if your I130 was processed at nsc and i485 at msc and your DO is chicago, illinois which service center should i file the i90 with i was file it with MSC am i right your answers would be greatly appriciated thanks. :help:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Does anyone know for sure where the I-90 needs to be sent? It says california, but then there is this paragraph: If you are filing because your card was never received, you must mail a new I-90 application using Application Reason "b" My authorized card was never received, and any supporting documentation, to the USCIS Service Center/National Benefits Center (NBC) that processed your previously filed I-90 application. For the Service Center/NBC mailing address, please refer to the I-797 "Notice of Action" and/or e-Filing confirmation Receipt notice that you received upon submittal of your previously filed I-90 application. In addition to the new I-90 application, applicants are encouraged to send a copy of the I-797 "Notice of Action" and/or the e-Filing Confirmation Receipt notice issued for their previously filed I-90 application. I-90 applications submitted with Application Reason "b" do not require the $70 biometrics fee or the base application fee..

We just spoke with an immigration officer at the customer service line, and she said to mail it to the address on the address on our I-797 for the I-485. She also said there is no fee, so I hope she's correct. I'll add it to my cover letter, and the print out from the website that says there is no fee.

We have yet to receive a welcome letter or the greencard. The only thing we received is an approval letter from our local office. Not sure if we should wait more or just file the I-90, we've waited 52 days so far. The immigration officer said we could file the I-90 now, but I don't know what we should do. She also said they don't show us as approved in the system, and that the local offices don't update their the system she looks at. I'm just confused and very frustrated.

******For those that have received the greencard after filing the I-90 what address did you mail it to?

Edited by designermedusa

((Success))

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

You are suppose to send your I-90 to the last Service Center that dealt with your I-485. Mine was California, so that is where I sent it. It should also be the address your Greencard came from (if yours has a mistake). If your I-485 was never transfered to another Service Center then you would send it to NBC. I think the only way you are waved a fee is if they never sent out the card. Last I heard, they were saying it was the Postal Service's fault if you never got your card and not theirs. I believe that's what happened to Kezzie and she had to refile with the fee. At any rate, these are the mailing addresses again:

Service Center/NBC Mailing Addresses

California Service Center

Attn: I-90 "b" and "d"

P.O. Box 10090

Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-1009

National Benefits Center

Attn: I-551 Corrections

705B SE Melody Lane, Box 2000

Lee's Summit, MO 64063

Nebraska Service Center

P.O. Box 87090

Lincoln, NE 68501-7090

Texas Service Center

P.O. Box 851983

Mesquite, TX 75185-1983

Vermont Service Center

75 Lower Welden Street

St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

For an update on my case: I went to my Infopass appointment and the officer had no idea why I was even sent the RFE to come there (my RFE was to get passport photos and make an infopass to do a I-89 :wacko: .) She said they never give out the I-89 and that was usually done through biometrics, but she offered to send off my passport pictures along with the RFE letter and the I-89 that she filled with my signature and fingerprints (the ink kind). She even sent it Ceritifed Mail so it was guarenteed to get there. Figures, another case of the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. Least I had a nice and understanding immigration officer and wasn't sent away. Hopefully I'll hear something soon now that that's done and over with... like "We're sending you your new card now."

I can dream right? :P

Ruth (Kristine) - Ontario, Canada / Andy - Oregon, USA

Became a couple July 4th 2002

Married July 4th 2005

K1 timeline

10/21/2004 - Petition sent to NSC

10/27/2004 - NOA1 issued

02/05/2005 - NOA2 issued

05/13/2005 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

AOS timeline

10/03/2005 - AOS package sent

10/11/2005 - NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP

11/22/2005 - Biometrics - AOS and EAD

12/07/2005 - AP and EAD approved!

12/15/2005 - AOS transfered to CSC

01/12/2006 - AOS Approved!

Removal of Conditions

04/09/2007 - Filed I-751 at NSC (filed early - see timeline for reason)

04/30/2007 - NOA1

06/02/2007 - Biometrics

03/27/2008 - Transferred to CSC

04/18/2008 - I-751 Approved! (didn't find out til 11 days afterward)

04/29/2008 - I-551 stamp at Portland office (told of approval)

05/12/2008 - 10yr Greencard arrives in mail!

*phew* I'm done for a bit now - naturalization can wait

Filed: Timeline

I sent mine to NBC at Lees sumit I got it sent back a month later saying the fee was payablebecause it was the postal service who have lost it not USCIS... so I had to re-file with the fee.... this time I e-filed it and I am still waiting.....

Kezzie

Timeline
She also said they don't show us as approved in the system, and that the local offices don't update their the system she looks at. I'm just confused and very frustrated.

You didn't happen to get approved through CSC, did you? I got approved through CSC and have had the same issue with people telling me that I don't show up as approved in the system!! Very strange. So my guess was that because this whole CSC thing is new that something somewhere went wrong and that's why I don't show up as approved in one system...somehow I show up as approved in some other system. So yeah, just curious if you were approved through CSC too so that I know whether or not my theory is correct.

Also, I originally sent my I-90 to CSC because that's who approved me, but then they transfered my file to NBC, so I have no idea. My case is a big mess anyway.

Oh, and as far as my I-90 goes...still no news. Last time it took a month for me to hear something, so I'm hoping to hear something around May 7th or so. We shall see I guess. *big sigh*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.