Steffi

I-90 Info thread for Greencard errors

299 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

*Update*

My congressman called me last Friday on my cell phone to see how things were going and I told him about the I-90 being filed because John got his Green Card with the wrong photo on it. He told me it happens and said he would call and find out where the I-90 was at in the process and to give him 2 weeks. I told him that we didn't send in photos with the application because the directions said not too. He said that was correct, we should receive biometric appointment letter.

I told him he was doing a great job and how much a appreciated him helping us. He has helped us several times and I just wanted him to feel that he was truly doing a great job. He was so thankful for that and said he dosent have many people who voices that to him.

Anyways.....We received a letter from USCIS saying they received our I-90 and that John should have his new Green Card within 2 to 3 weeks. No receipt number or anything. They even said they made a mistake and no fee is being charged due to it.

Interesting enough...how can they issue a new card without a photo? We didn't send one in.

and the saga continues :)

Take care everyone,

Best wishes,

Debra

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

TO ADD YOUR NAME: COPY AND PASTE (including these instructions) AND PUT YOUR NAME IN THE APPROPRIATE PLACE OF WHEN YOU FILED YOUR I-90

Name--------------Sent I-90------Arrived-------Sent to-----Reason--------------NOA------------New card

Hotairguy---------------?--------------?------------NSC------wrong name-------04/18/05--------------?

Dano--------------------?--------------?--------------?--------wrong sex--------------?--------------02/16/06

Aussie_Rachel-----10/13-05-----10/17/05------NBC-----wrong country------None------------02/14/06

Jpatter123---------11/02/05-----11/15/05------CSC-----wrong sex----------11/23/05--------02/10/06

Steffi----------------11/30/05----12/06/05-------CSC-----wrong photo-----------?--------------02/27/06 file "closed" -"didn't" receive RFE that they did receive

Kezzie--------------12/20/05-----12/21/05------NBC------no card-------------02/03/06 refiled-had to pay fee

Atlantis-------------12/31/05-----12/31/06------MSC(Efile)-lost card---------01/03/05-------------????

Kearinne-----------01/18/06-----01/19/06------CSC------wrong sex---------02/03/06--------------?

marknir-------------01/31/06-----02/03/06------CSC------wrong country-------N/A------------------?

Kezzie (refiled)---02/03/06---------------------------------------------------------02/13/06--------------?

Debra&John-------02/13/06-----02/15/06-------MSC-----wrong photo------03/18/06--------------?

Aline---------------------?---------------?--------------?--------wrong name----------?--------------------?

Nushagak27-----------?---------------?--------------?--------wrong date-----------?---------------??/??/06

Charles------------03/06/06---------------------------------- wrong name --------------------------------------

Steffi (refiled)-----03/07/06-----03/09/06-------MSC------wrong photo--------------------------------------

Edited by Steffi

January 10, 2003: K1 NOA

October 23, 2003: AOS NOA

November 10, 2005: AOS approved w/o interview (749 days!!)

September 30, 2009: German Beibehaltungsgenehmigung

February 9, 2010: Naturalization interview and Oath Ceremony!

View profile for detailed timeline

Timeline

**UPDATE AGAIN**

I just received 3 emails from USCIS, see below. So Interesting :wacko::unsure::blink:

How can they issue a new card without a photo? Did they find the one they took of him??

Our online status changed also...date changed to 03/21/2005 Under I-485.

nothing was ever entered into the system for the I-90 on the online status thing...again so interesting...

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to

Adjust Status

Current Status:

On March 21, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card.

Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status

results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from

USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National

Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you

received from the USCIS.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

hello fellow vj's its been a while since i've wrote got a quick ? and hoping someone would be able to help i had a successful interview back in february actual date feb 14 2006 yes v'day now my ? is How long should i wait after getting a approval at the interview when do i file I-90 yes i did get a stamp on my passport but i've seen people getting their gc in as few as 10 days its been more then 35 days for me i called uscis after 30 days and she took all my info and gave me ref# no luds or anything since they recvd my fp results looking forward to u r feedback, thanks in advance.

Edited by prince666

Timeline

**UPDATE**

We received the following email 3 times this morning at 4:43am.... nice to know they are up early ;)

I find this really interesting and cant wait to check the mail for the next few days....wondering if they just happened to pull Johns photo out of their computer system....would be great!

I will keep you guys posted....Till then (F)

Best wishes everyone,

Peace to All,

Debra

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: XXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to

Adjust Status

Current Status:

On March 24, 2006, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's

new card directly to him or her. If 30 days have passed and you have not

received this card, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update

your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800)

375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status

results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from

USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National

Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you

received from the USCIS.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Timeline
On March 24, 2006, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's

new card directly to him or her.

Congratulations! :)

I wonder if I'll ever get mine. :crying:

Timeline
Gosh guys....I feel for you...Chin up. I just hope the card is really fixed, I guess we will find out here in a few days :unsure:

I will definitely keep my finges crossed for you! NO ONE should have to go through this after the already tidious process of obtaining the GC.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry it's been a while since I posted. I just got my first job here in the US and for the last 2 weeks been on mostly 12 hours shifts, that should change soon though.

My update: We just got an RFE email today saying they sent out an RFE yesterday.... My only guess is they want passport photos? Seriously, I have no other idea what it could be but yeah... getting frustrated.

Ruth (Kristine) - Ontario, Canada / Andy - Oregon, USA

Became a couple July 4th 2002

Married July 4th 2005

K1 timeline

10/21/2004 - Petition sent to NSC

10/27/2004 - NOA1 issued

02/05/2005 - NOA2 issued

05/13/2005 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

AOS timeline

10/03/2005 - AOS package sent

10/11/2005 - NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP

11/22/2005 - Biometrics - AOS and EAD

12/07/2005 - AP and EAD approved!

12/15/2005 - AOS transfered to CSC

01/12/2006 - AOS Approved!

Removal of Conditions

04/09/2007 - Filed I-751 at NSC (filed early - see timeline for reason)

04/30/2007 - NOA1

06/02/2007 - Biometrics

03/27/2008 - Transferred to CSC

04/18/2008 - I-751 Approved! (didn't find out til 11 days afterward)

04/29/2008 - I-551 stamp at Portland office (told of approval)

05/12/2008 - 10yr Greencard arrives in mail!

*phew* I'm done for a bit now - naturalization can wait

Timeline

**UPDATE**

Interesting!! John received his New Corrected Green Card today.... Photo and all other information is correct... All without submitting a photo with the I-90 paperwork, NO Biometrics done, No fees paid..just a new card.

I don't know what to say for those of you who have been waiting forever :( just keep on them...

Well all in all, we are done for awhile....wishing everyone All the best.

Peace to All,

Debra

TO ADD YOUR NAME: COPY AND PASTE (including these instructions) AND PUT YOUR NAME IN THE APPROPRIATE PLACE OF WHEN YOU FILED YOUR I-90

Name--------------Sent I-90------Arrived-------Sent to-----Reason--------------NOA------------New card

Hotairguy---------------?--------------?------------NSC------wrong name-------04/18/05--------------?

Dano--------------------?--------------?--------------?--------wrong sex--------------?--------------02/16/06

Aussie_Rachel-----10/13-05-----10/17/05------NBC-----wrong country------None------------02/14/06

Jpatter123---------11/02/05-----11/15/05------CSC-----wrong sex----------11/23/05--------02/10/06

Steffi----------------11/30/05----12/06/05-------CSC-----wrong photo-----------?--------------02/27/06 file "closed" -"didn't" receive RFE that they did receive

Kezzie--------------12/20/05-----12/21/05------NBC------no card-------------02/03/06 refiled-had to pay fee

Atlantis-------------12/31/05-----12/31/06------MSC(Efile)-lost card---------01/03/05-------------????

Kearinne-----------01/18/06-----01/19/06------CSC------wrong sex---------02/03/06--------------?

marknir-------------01/31/06-----02/03/06------CSC------wrong country-------N/A------------------?

Kezzie (refiled)---02/03/06---------------------------------------------------------02/13/06--------------?

Debra&John-------02/13/06-----02/15/06-------MSC-----wrong photo------03/18/06-----------3/27/06

Aline---------------------?---------------?--------------?--------wrong name----------?--------------------?

Nushagak27-----------?---------------?--------------?--------wrong date-----------?---------------??/??/06

Charles------------03/06/06---------------------------------- wrong name --------------------------------------

Steffi (refiled)-----03/07/06-----03/09/06-------MSC------wrong photo--------------------------------------

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.