Steffi

I-90 Info thread for Greencard errors

299 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Boy this is such a fun process! :rolleyes:

I know, I just can't contain myself. :P

Sucks about the wrong date...though technically it's in your favor, hehe. ;)

January 10, 2003: K1 NOA

October 23, 2003: AOS NOA

November 10, 2005: AOS approved w/o interview (749 days!!)

September 30, 2009: German Beibehaltungsgenehmigung

February 9, 2010: Naturalization interview and Oath Ceremony!

View profile for detailed timeline

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, I now know I was approved on January 12, 2006. :P I just got an email back from CSC but they did not mention anything about the "second error" of the date being wrong on my GC that I inquired about so now I don't know if I should mail them something to add to my pending I-90 or leave it be... It looks like the I-485 guys I emailed asked the I-90 guys about it and the I-90 guys responded to the I-485 guys and they forwarded the response to me. The original email is linked on the page before this for any wondering what I asked. (Confused yet? I am!) :lol:

This is the email response I got to my inquiry about the date:

Sent : March 6, 2006 11:26:07 AM

To : <kearinne@hotmail.com>

Subject : RE: Fwd:I-90 WAC-**-***-*****

| | | Inbox

The I-90 was received on 01/25/06. We are working on I-90's received on

12/22/05 At this time. Your I-90 is not process ready at this time. Once we are

working on I-90's received on 01/25/06, your I-90 will be forwarded for processing.

M. Bueno

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 1:55 PM

To: "485; CSC XII " " <SMTP:CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov>

Subject: Re:Fwd:I-90 WAC-**-***-*****

You were granted as Lawful permanent resident on receipt# MSC ** *** ***** Form I-485 as status CF1 and you are a legal permanent resident and this case was approved on January 12, 2006. Please read the approval notice that you received.

Regarding the I-90 application WAC ** *** ***** - Your I-90 application

is currently pending. You will be notified by mail when a decision has

been made.

Thank you,

Officer Raymundo

Customer Service Relations

Ruth (Kristine) - Ontario, Canada / Andy - Oregon, USA

Became a couple July 4th 2002

Married July 4th 2005

K1 timeline

10/21/2004 - Petition sent to NSC

10/27/2004 - NOA1 issued

02/05/2005 - NOA2 issued

05/13/2005 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

AOS timeline

10/03/2005 - AOS package sent

10/11/2005 - NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP

11/22/2005 - Biometrics - AOS and EAD

12/07/2005 - AP and EAD approved!

12/15/2005 - AOS transfered to CSC

01/12/2006 - AOS Approved!

Removal of Conditions

04/09/2007 - Filed I-751 at NSC (filed early - see timeline for reason)

04/30/2007 - NOA1

06/02/2007 - Biometrics

03/27/2008 - Transferred to CSC

04/18/2008 - I-751 Approved! (didn't find out til 11 days afterward)

04/29/2008 - I-551 stamp at Portland office (told of approval)

05/12/2008 - 10yr Greencard arrives in mail!

*phew* I'm done for a bit now - naturalization can wait

Timeline

Kearinne, at least now you know your approval date! :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my Infopass experience:

Ok, I went to my Infopass appointment this morning. I went ahead and took 2 passport photos yesterday - just in case. I reprinted a new I-90 with today's date - just in case. Patrick and I arrived for our 9:30 appointment at probably 9:20, were ushered into the waiting hall by 9:30 and were seen at about 10:05. We talked to the immigration officer for half an hour (not only regarding my case, but also what a mess the Atlanta office is - apparently half the office, and the part that handles the I-485's, is now located in Dunwoody, about 20-30 minutes north of the city office...among other things that are a mess there right now).

The outcome was pretty much what we expected. We showed her all the letters that we had received...the returned I-90 and supporting documents, the letter asking for the RFE, the email stating the RFE was received, and the letter stating our case was closed because they never received our RFE. The officer could not tell us what was going on with my file. She commented that things looked like a mess because certain things were never entered into the computer. At least her computer seemed to show more than the officer I talked to through the 800 number. Her advice was: since our file is such a mess, just start from scratch. Don't bother sending any of this other paperwork in (that was returned from the previous filing), because it would just confuse whoever would receive it. I'd be better of starting from the beginning, and then when they check the computer they would "hopefully realize they're idiots and that they messed up" (or something along those lines, hahaha). She said this time I'll hopefully receive a receipt, because otherwise it’s pretty much impossible for them to track. Which makes sense too since I never received a I-90 receipt and in turn it doesn’t show up in the computer as ever having been filed.

When we received the I-90 package back it had all kinds of scribbles along the side, among others a number that started with "NBC" and then the numbers. We asked her if that was a receipt number and she said yes. We told her that we tried to enter it into the case status search thing, but that there was one number too many so we couldn't get any result. So of course it did not help her either due to the extra number (maybe that's why I never received a receipt??). She said hopefully we'll get a receipt this time around. She also said to go ahead and send in the 2 passport photographs with the new I-90, however NOT to send in the original green card!! We verified with her several times NOT to send in the original card even though the I-90 instructions tell you to do so. She said that this time I should receive the receipt, followed by a biometrics letter. She said at that point (biometrics appointment) they should take my original card from me. She said to go ahead and just send them a photocopy of the green card, as well as a photocopy of my passport like I sent in last time.

When she told us where to send the I-90 to she was confused for a second, because now they print cards through California or something, so she went back and forth, back and forth about whether to send the I-90 in to CSC or NBC. In the end she said send it to NBC. After that I asked her if she could give me the I-551 stamp because I was afraid to walk around with a green card with the wrong photo, and in case I needed to travel. She told me she would go ahead and give me a 3-month I-551 stamp, but unfortunately couldn't give me a 1-year because I did not have a receipt for the I-90. She went ahead and made it valid until July 1st, so at least that's a relief and hopefully I can get the new card before then (I anticipate on traveling in late June). So that at least takes a lot of stress off my shoulders.

So I left today, not crying, but relieved with a 3-month I-551 stamp. When I got home I assembled the new I-90 according to her instructions, and will run over to the post office in a few minutes to send it off. I had a couple of co-workers touch the envelope for good luck. Third time's a charm, right?? ;)

Here's to a speedy CORRECT 10-year green card! :D *fingers crossed*

:dance: Great news, Steffi!!! :dance: ...I'm sure having the stamp in your passport is a big relief!

I'm sorry you have to start it all from scratch, but I feel this is THE lucky time when things finally get straightened out for you! :thumbs:

GOOD LUCK!!!

Timeline

Yes, it most definitely is a big relief! It makes me feel not so trapped. *L*

Thanks for your support! (F)

Timeline

TO ADD YOUR NAME: COPY AND PASTE (including these instructions) AND PUT YOUR NAME IN THE APPROPRIATE PLACE OF WHEN YOU FILED YOUR I-90

Name--------------Sent I-90------Arrived-------Sent to-----Reason--------------NOA------------New card

Hotairguy---------------?--------------?------------NSC------wrong name-------04/18/05--------------?

Dano--------------------?--------------?--------------?--------wrong sex--------------?--------------02/16/06 :dance:

Aussie_Rachel-----10/13-05-----10/17/05------NBC-----wrong country------None------------02/14/06 :dance:

Jpatter123---------11/02/05-----11/15/05------CSC-----wrong sex----------11/23/05--------02/10/06 :dance:

Steffi----------------11/30/05----12/06/05-------CSC-----wrong photo-----------?--------------02/27/06 file "closed" -"didn't" receive RFE that they did receive :angry:

Kezzie--------------12/20/05-----12/21/05------NBC------no card---------------------------------02/03/06 refiled-had to pay fee :angry:

Kearinne-----------01/18/06-----01/19/06------CSC------wrong sex---------02/03/06--------------?

marknir-------------01/31/06-----02/03/06------CSC------wrong country-------N/A------------------?

Kezzie (refiled)---02/03/06--------------------------------------------------------02/13/06--------------?

Debra&John-------02/13/06-----02/15/06-------MSC-----wrong photo-------I pray-----------------?

Aline---------------------?---------------?--------------?--------wrong name----------?--------------------?

Nushagak27-----------?---------------?--------------?--------wrong date-----------?---------------??/??/06 :dance:

Steffi (refiled)-----03/07/06----------------------------------wrong photo--------------------------------------

Edited by Steffi

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Name--------------Sent I-90------Arrived-------Sent to-----Reason--------------NOA------------New card

Hotairguy---------------?--------------?------------NSC------wrong name-------04/18/05--------------?

Dano--------------------?--------------?--------------?--------wrong sex--------------?--------------02/16/06

Aussie_Rachel-----10/13-05-----10/17/05------NBC-----wrong country------None------------02/14/06

Jpatter123---------11/02/05-----11/15/05------CSC-----wrong sex----------11/23/05--------02/10/06

Steffi----------------11/30/05----12/06/05-------CSC-----wrong photo-----------?--------------02/27/06 file "closed" -"didn't" receive RFE that they did receive

Kezzie--------------12/20/05-----12/21/05------NBC------no card-------------02/03/06 refiled-had to pay fee

Atlantis-------------12/31/05-----12/31/06------MSC(Efile)-lost card----------01/03/05-------------????

Kearinne-----------01/18/06-----01/19/06------CSC------wrong sex---------02/03/06--------------?

marknir-------------01/31/06-----02/03/06------CSC------wrong country-------N/A------------------?

Kezzie (refiled)---02/03/06--------------------------------------------------------02/13/06--------------?

Debra&John-------02/13/06-----02/15/06-------MSC-----wrong photo-------I pray-----------------?

Aline---------------------?---------------?--------------?--------wrong name----------?--------------------?

Nushagak27-----------?---------------?--------------?--------wrong date-----------?---------------??/??/06

Steffi (refiled)-----03/07/06----------------------------------wrong photo--------------------------------------

To all those knowldegable about the I-190...

I lost my card, I filed the I-90 EFILE, got an NOA1 with an MSC #.

My case number doesn't come up online, and MSC, doesn't show I-90's in their list, why is mine being processed there, because i E-filed?

Also, This is the first i'm hearing of the I-551 stamp. Can I get an I-551 stamp to go home for a week, i'm here on a CR-1. I made an infopass appt next week just to ask where my case is at in processing. I called the customer service line, they didn't have any info, they just told me to wait. What exactly is this stamp? I already have a licence here, SSN, full time job, etc, I just lost my wallet so I don't have my card.

Thank you,

Edited by Atlantis

June 11,2010 - Phoenix received N400

June 22,2010 - Check cashed

Timeline

My case number doesn't come up online, and MSC, doesn't show I-90's in their list, why is mine being processed there, because i E-filed?

Also, This is the first i'm hearing of the I-551 stamp. Can I get an I-551 stamp to go home for a week, i'm here on a CR-1. I made an infopass appt next week just to ask where my case is at in processing. I called the customer service line, they didn't have any info, they just told me to wait. What exactly is this stamp? I already have a licence here, SSN, full time job, etc, I just lost my wallet so I don't have my card.

Thank you,

I can't precisely tell you why you have MSC as your prefix, but generally when I have received any numbers they always started with MSC as well (that is, my I-485, I-765, I-131, etc).

I'm not sure what a CR-1 is, but if you've had a green card and now lost it, and you filed your I-90 and have your NOA you should be able to take that with you to your Infopass appointment and ask them to give you the I-551 stamp. The stamp is more or less equivalent of the green card and acts as the replacement for it. It was common for people to get the I-551 stamp in their passport when they were approved after their interview because apparently it used to take a long time to receicve the actual card in the mail. Hence the stamp would hold you over until the card arrived, which sometimes could take months and months (from what I've heard). Many offices no longer give a stamp after approval because the cards now arrive in a matter of days (or should at least)...that is unless you actually need it (for example to travel the next day or something). So yes, if you get the stamp you can go home for a week. It will act as your card.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey,

Don't know if this is the right forum to post in, but you all seem to have experience with infopass and I-551 stamps. My husband had his AOS interview in LA on 2/15, and we were told we'd get the card in 2-4 weeks.

We've been planning a trip back to Morocco for months now (and got AP so it could be done), but I swear the trip has jinxed the GC into NOT arriving. It'll be 4 weeks this Wednesday and still no green card. We're supposed to be leaving on the trip on 3/29.

We have an infopass appointment on 03/16, the day after our 4 week wait for the GC is up. Should we be able to get an I-551 stamp without a problem? Anything in particular we should bring? I'm thinking AP, copy of our invitation to the initial interview, copy of the flights tickets we booked, etc...

I'm hoping we don't end up in the group of mysteriously disappeared green cards, but who knows?

Any advice, suggestions, consolations are appreciated...

12/04-01/05 Gathered information for the I-129F

01/28/05 Sent I-129F

02/02/05 NOA1 Notice Date (his last name misspelled! *argh*)

02/10/05 - 02/24/05 Visiting my habiba in Morocco!

02/25/05 NOA2 Approval Notice!!!!

03/01/05 NOA2 Received in mail!

03/14/05 Received email from My case was forwarded to Morocco March 10th. Yay!

03/22/05 Youness received Packet 3

04/08/05 Medical Checkup

04/26/05 FedExed Affidavits & Stuff

04/30/05 Youness received the Affidavits

Interview Date: May 16!!

Approved!

05/20/05 Youness picks up the visa!

He arrived 8/4!

Wedding: 8/20/05

09/02/05 Received SSN, library card, and added to bank account.

09/27/05 Received marriage certificate

10/06/05 Civil Surgeon completes Vaccination Supplement

10/11/05 AOS Application mailed!

10/20/05 NOAs received for AOS, EAD, and AP.

11/07/05 Received appointment for Biometrics: 11/22

12/23/05 Received EAD/AP

02/15/06 AOS Interview!

03/16/06 Infopass appt: no green card in sight.

Mid July: Surprise! GC in the mail. We're very pleased. :)

Timeline
Hey,

Don't know if this is the right forum to post in, but you all seem to have experience with infopass and I-551 stamps. My husband had his AOS interview in LA on 2/15, and we were told we'd get the card in 2-4 weeks.

We've been planning a trip back to Morocco for months now (and got AP so it could be done), but I swear the trip has jinxed the GC into NOT arriving. It'll be 4 weeks this Wednesday and still no green card. We're supposed to be leaving on the trip on 3/29.

We have an infopass appointment on 03/16, the day after our 4 week wait for the GC is up. Should we be able to get an I-551 stamp without a problem? Anything in particular we should bring? I'm thinking AP, copy of our invitation to the initial interview, copy of the flights tickets we booked, etc...

I'm hoping we don't end up in the group of mysteriously disappeared green cards, but who knows?

Any advice, suggestions, consolations are appreciated...

I was in a similar situation. Only in my case the card arrived...only with the wrong photo. I had booked a flight to visit my parents for Thanksgiving, and my case was approved (without interview) and the card arrived in the mail November 14th. I had a flight scheduled for the 16th. I made an Infopass appointment (luckily they had one on such short notice!) and took a filled out I-90 with me, along with supporting documentation. The problem I ran across was that, apparently if you haven't received a NOA for the I-90 it's really hard for you to get a stamp. I had to battle with them for 3. 5 hours before they would give it to me (and I was scheduled to leave THAT day).

I don't know what the requirements are for a no-show card. Like if there's a minimum number of days you have to wait before you can file the I-90. You may want to read the instructions for it. It sounds like you may have to file an I-90 though if the card hasn't arrived in the specified timeframe. You should try to talk to Kezzie, since her card never showed up either. I know she had to re-file and pay, but I can't remember why (It could be that the USCIS penalizes you for the mail never getting to you and you have to pay for it even though it's not your fault).

I guess my thought is...try to file for the I-90 and hope that you get the NOA in time for your Infopass, alternatively be prepared to fight with them for a few hours before they (may or may not) give you the I-551 stamp.

Good luck!!

Timeline
I went in today for an Infopass appointment and I got the I-551 stamp!! It was quick and painless.

Very cool! One year?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, the I 551 is valid for 1 year. So I don't have to worry thank goodness, i'm sure it will be here within a year, well, i'm hoping anyway LOL!!

Edited by Atlantis

June 11,2010 - Phoenix received N400

June 22,2010 - Check cashed

Dano--------------------?--------------?--------------?--------wrong sex--------------?--------------02/16/06

Aussie_Rachel-----10/13-05-----10/17/05------NBC-----wrong country------None------------02/14/06

Jpatter123---------11/02/05-----11/15/05------CSC-----wrong sex----------11/23/05--------02/10/06

Steffi----------------11/30/05----12/06/05-------CSC-----wrong photo-----------?--------------02/27/06 file "closed" -"didn't" receive RFE that they did receive

Kezzie--------------12/20/05-----12/21/05------NBC------no card-------------02/03/06 refiled-had to pay fee

Atlantis-------------12/31/05-----12/31/06------MSC(Efile)-lost card----------01/03/05-------------????

Nushagak27-----------?---------------?--------------?--------wrong date-----------?---------------??/??/06

Charles------------03/06/06---------------------------------- wrong name --------------------------------------

Thank you,

Bali, Indonesia > Redondo Beach, CA U.S.A.

Sent I-129F: 02/28/2003

NOA1: 03/04/2003

RFE: 7/20/2003

NOA2: 08/12/2003

Packet 3 arrived : 08/29/2003

Interview date: 11/12/2003

New medical due on 12/14/2003

Embassy walk-in on 12/16/2003

Medical Accepted 12/17/2003

Interview date:12/18/2003

K-1 Granted:12/18/2003 in the same afternoon. whew

Arrival date set to 6/11/2004....and she has arrived!!!!!

Replied to the Department of Health Services and paid them a visit to the local office. 6/25/2004

applied for SSA# 6/28/2004

SSA# just arrived in the mail 7/6/2004

Married in Las Vegas, 7/25/2004

AOS Sent 11/11/2004

Apt. set for 11/24/2004 for EAD, not in system yet.

cashed the check for I485-biometrics 12/1/2004

Receipt for I485 from :12/17/2004

Biometrics date:01/14/2005,not in system yet.

Walked in UCIS LA to get EAD: 03/04/2005

AOS Interview letter:4/29/2005, Interview date 5/18/2005

5/24/2005: sent vaccination document and affidavit to uscis

7/13/2005: Appointment at UCIS to check status. Still waiting for FBI background check to clear. They will resubmit to see if response is faster.

8/5/2005. Walked up to UCIS LA to check status... still waiting for FBI Bckgrnd check.

12/21/2005 Residency approved

1/7/2006: Finally the Temp Green Card !!!! Man, that was a long time waiting!!!

12/21/2007 I-751 Notice received for petition to remove conditions on residence

1/04/2008 Biometrics appointment

4/02/2008 I-797C Notice of removal of conditional Basis

3/1/2009 Filing N400 for naturalization

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.