Steffi

I-90 Info thread for Greencard errors

299 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Well, as some of you know, I had my Infopass appointment today...

I got the I-551 stamp!!! :dance:

No hassles, took 10 minutes tops, 20 if you include the waiting. It was kind of funny at first when I said it was because the card said I was male, the Immigration Officer didn't quite hear me right (I think he thought I said something about it being in the mail) but after explaining it again saying "The card said I was male when I'm female..." he said "Ohhhh!" then took my NOA1 for the I-90, scanned it in his computer and asked for my passport. After looking at some stuff on the computer, he told me to hold on a minute while he went and did something. When the guy came back, he handed my back my passport and told me the I-551 stamp in it was good for 6 months and if I don't receive my new corrected card by then to just come back and they'll extend the stamp. I can now work and travel by just showing the stamp. :)

Now to continue waiting for my card to get fixed. :clock: Let's hope it's less than 6 months. Dowtown Portland is a pain to navigate when you don't know it well - almost all 1 way streets! :wacko:

See, I think that was part of the problem for me. They wanted to see the NOA for the I-90, which I didn't have. So that's the difference! Only of course you also had to wait like 2 months for your NOA, no? In my case who knwos if I'll ever get it. But I-90 NOA seems to be the key to get the I-551 stamp! Congrats for no hassle. :D

January 10, 2003: K1 NOA

October 23, 2003: AOS NOA

November 10, 2005: AOS approved w/o interview (749 days!!)

September 30, 2009: German Beibehaltungsgenehmigung

February 9, 2010: Naturalization interview and Oath Ceremony!

View profile for detailed timeline

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
See, I think that was part of the problem for me. They wanted to see the NOA for the I-90, which I didn't have. So that's the difference! Only of course you also had to wait like 2 months for your NOA, no? In my case who knwos if I'll ever get it. But I-90 NOA seems to be the key to get the I-551 stamp! Congrats for no hassle. :D

I actually got my NOA 16 days after sending back my card with the I-90. Have you tried calling the mis-information line regarding your NOA? I would think your local office could check up on that somehow and issue you a stamp if you can get the receipt # off the mis-information line...

My I-485 got touched yesterday which confuses the hell out of me. Maybe they're checking if I actually put that I was "female" on the form? It hasn't been transfered anywhere yet but hoping the touch means they're actually doing something for my I-90 and not reversing my approval.. :unsure:

Hope you find out something soon Steffi, you've already been through too much. (F)

Edited by kearinne

Ruth (Kristine) - Ontario, Canada / Andy - Oregon, USA

Became a couple July 4th 2002

Married July 4th 2005

K1 timeline

10/21/2004 - Petition sent to NSC

10/27/2004 - NOA1 issued

02/05/2005 - NOA2 issued

05/13/2005 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

AOS timeline

10/03/2005 - AOS package sent

10/11/2005 - NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP

11/22/2005 - Biometrics - AOS and EAD

12/07/2005 - AP and EAD approved!

12/15/2005 - AOS transfered to CSC

01/12/2006 - AOS Approved!

Removal of Conditions

04/09/2007 - Filed I-751 at NSC (filed early - see timeline for reason)

04/30/2007 - NOA1

06/02/2007 - Biometrics

03/27/2008 - Transferred to CSC

04/18/2008 - I-751 Approved! (didn't find out til 11 days afterward)

04/29/2008 - I-551 stamp at Portland office (told of approval)

05/12/2008 - 10yr Greencard arrives in mail!

*phew* I'm done for a bit now - naturalization can wait

For some reason it won't let me add this in a new reply, it just keeps taggingit onto the old one, so here we go....

TO ADD YOUR NAME: COPY AND PASTE (including these instructions) AND PUT YOUR NAME IN THE APPROPRIATE PLACE OF WHEN YOU FILED YOUR I-90

Name-----------Sent I-90------Arrived-------Sent to----Reason-------------NOA-------New card

Steffi------------11/30/05-----12/06/05------CSC-------wrong photo-------N/A---------?

Kezzie-----------12/20/05-----12/21/05------NBC-------no card------------?----------?

Kearinne--------01/18/06-----01/19/06------CSC-------wrong sex---------N/A---------?

Jpatter123------11/02/05-----11/15/05------CSC-------wrong sex--------11/23/-5------2-10-06

yup you read that right my wifes new card came in today. Everything is perfect :dance::dance::dance::dance::thumbs: . Just stay with it guys. Keep calling and if you find someone that helps you on the phone get their direct number. That way when you call back they will be somewhat familiar with your case. Best of luck to you guys. I know that this last 3 months has been really disheartning for my wife. I felt so incredibly bad everyday we checked the mail and the new card hand't arrived she would get that far away look in her eye. not really complaing but you could see she was sad. It made her feel really out of place. Welp monday we are going to get her learners permit (she has never driven before :help: ) She is so very excited. Really made her day. I can see she feels much more secure in her place now like a huge weight has been lifted. Keep me up to date everyone on how your case works out. We are praying for you!

Timeline

That's awesome Jpatter123!!! Glad to know one of us has gotten their new card!

I too am going to try get my learners permit sometime soon and I've never driven before either. I think my husband feels the same as you! :lol: . Good luck to your wife on her permit!

Updating the list:

TO ADD YOUR NAME: COPY AND PASTE (including these instructions) AND PUT YOUR NAME IN THE APPROPRIATE PLACE OF WHEN YOU FILED YOUR I-90

Name--------------Sent I-90------Arrived-------Sent to-----Reason------------NOA-------------New card

Hotairguy---------------?--------------?------------NSC------wrong name------04/18/05-------------?

Aussie_Rachel ---10/13-05-----10/17/05------NBC------wrong country----- None--------------???

Jpatter123--------11/02/05-----11/15/05---- -CSC------wrong sex--------11/23/05----------2/10/06

Steffi---------------11/30/05-----12/06/05------CSC------wrong photo----------?-------------------?

Kezzie--------------12/20/05-----12/21/05------NBC------no card----------02/03/06 refiled - had to pay fee

Kearinne-----------01/18/06-----01/19/06------CSC------wrong sex-------02/03/06--------------?

marknir---------- --01/31/06-----02/03/06------CSC------wrong country------N/A-----------------?

Edited by kearinne

Married July 4th 2005

K1 timeline

10/27/2004 - NOA1 issued

02/05/2005 - NOA2 issued

AOS timeline

Removal of Conditions

04/30/2007 - NOA1

06/02/2007 - Biometrics

kearinne I wish everyone that has had an error would post in this link. even ones that have been corrected. I'd like to forward this on to a couple government officials including one to the president of the united states showing the complete inconsistancy in this process and the insanity in the amount of time its taking to get replacements. Its totally inconceivable that people are getting their entire 485 processed in 6 months but it takes more then 3 months or more to re-issue a card.

I also am writing a letter to a few officials on the fact that the USCIS does not pay .50 to get delivery confirmation on all the letters they send out like RFE's and NOA's. Just like not recieving your card in the mail is your fault or the RFE you never knew about now caused a case denial. I don't know if we can get anything done about it but if we don't all start writing letters and making phone calls we never have a chance.

Timeline
kearinne I wish everyone that has had an error would post in this link. even ones that have been corrected. I'd like to forward this on to a couple government officials including one to the president of the united states showing the complete inconsistancy in this process and the insanity in the amount of time its taking to get replacements. Its totally inconceivable that people are getting their entire 485 processed in 6 months but it takes more then 3 months or more to re-issue a card.

I also am writing a letter to a few officials on the fact that the USCIS does not pay .50 to get delivery confirmation on all the letters they send out like RFE's and NOA's. Just like not recieving your card in the mail is your fault or the RFE you never knew about now caused a case denial. I don't know if we can get anything done about it but if we don't all start writing letters and making phone calls we never have a chance.

If I knew who to write where it would actually be seen and not thrown in some garbage can before it's even open, I would though I think it would be better if it was coming from my husband since he's the American. I wouldn't even know where to begin. I will look around for addresses but if you have any at hand, feel free to share! I think this whole process is a pain in the rear. :yes:

Married July 4th 2005

K1 timeline

10/27/2004 - NOA1 issued

02/05/2005 - NOA2 issued

AOS timeline

Removal of Conditions

04/30/2007 - NOA1

06/02/2007 - Biometrics

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello,

Card received 2/10/06 with a womans photo on it :( ......I have added us to the list.

This forum is a great help, at least now I know where to start.

Candemir never received the I-551 stamp in his passport. I am guessing we need to make an Info pass to get it. (cause he wants to go to Turkey sometime this year)

Thanks Kearinne for pointing me over here... (F)

Best wishes,

Peace to All,

Debra

Name--------------Sent I-90------Arrived-------Sent to-----Reason------------NOA-------------New card

Hotairguy---------------?--------------?------------NSC------wrong name------04/18/05-------------?

Aussie_Rachel ---10/13-05-----10/17/05------NBC------wrong country----- None--------------???

Jpatter123--------11/02/05-----11/15/05---- -CSC------wrong sex--------11/23/05----------2/10/06

Steffi---------------11/30/05-----12/06/05------CSC------wrong photo----------?-------------------?

Kezzie--------------12/20/05-----12/21/05------NBC------no card----------02/03/06 refiled - had to pay fee

Kearinne-----------01/18/06-----01/19/06------CSC------wrong sex-------02/03/06--------------?

marknir---------- --01/31/06-----02/03/06------CSC------wrong country------N/A-----------------?

Debra&John--------will send in next week------------------wrong photo---------------------------------

Timeline

I am sitting here filling out the I-90 and have some questions for you experienced ones (F)

my status is: Permanent resident (A)

i am a permanent resident and: ??? which one for this question?

f.

g.

h 1

h 2

i

j

and the address to send it off to should go to address that shows with the letter that came with the Green Card?????

National Benefits Center

USCIS, DHS

po box 648005

lee's summit, mo 64064

but Johns Receipt number starts with:: MSCXXXXXXXXX

I am including:

1. Original Green Card

2. Notice that came with the Green Card

3. I-797 Receipt Notice that I-485 was approved

4. Birth Certificate with Translation

5. Copy of Passport

6. Marriage License

any thing more I should add??? so we will have to have Biometrics taken again???

Thanks guys for any help...

Debra

ps...am I right in thinking we need to head to Seattle for the I-551 stamp??

Timeline

On Part 2. Application type.

1. My status is: (check one) - the answer is "c"

You are conditional if you greencard is only good for 2 years (check the expiry date)

2. Reason for application (check one) - the answer is "d" (card was issued incorrect information.. etc)

The answers a-c and e-j do not apply to you for this situation.

I believe there is an example form here on VJ for you to look at regarding this too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the second part of your question... If your greencard came from NBC, the address you would send it to is this:

National Benefits Center

Attn: I-551 Corrections

705B SE Melody Lane, Box 2000

Lee's Summit, MO 64063

The first page of this thread had the link to the addresses to send to depending on which Service Center (or the National Benefits Center) last dealt with your I-485. This PDF file was moved apparently (I just checked and found the new one) For the info that was on that PDF file, look here

http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/ne...I-90_050908.pdf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding thie third part of your question... I would also include 2 passport style pictures. Kezzie got an RFE for that and we think it is because it is the picture that is wrong with the Greencard. I am not sure if you will have biometrics or not as well. I don't think so, well at least with JPatter123 they didn't report one but their greencard "error" is their sex, not their picture.

I would seriously suggest making an Infopass appointment to get the I-551 stamp, however you may need your NOA for the I-90 to get it. Steffi wasn't able to get her I-551 stamp without her NOA. HOWEVER, I just re-read your last post and you got an Approval notice in the mail? If it's not the welcome notice, you might be able to use that instead.

Hope this helps and good luck! (F)

Hope this helps!

Couldn't edit the last post again.. bleh. Wanted to add, send copies of documents only (except the greencard, that has to be the original).

Edited by kearinne

Married July 4th 2005

K1 timeline

10/27/2004 - NOA1 issued

02/05/2005 - NOA2 issued

AOS timeline

Removal of Conditions

04/30/2007 - NOA1

06/02/2007 - Biometrics

Timeline
On Part 2. Application type.

1. My status is: (check one) - the answer is "c"

You are conditional if you greencard is only good for 2 years (check the expiry date)

2. Reason for application (check one) - the answer is "d" (card was issued incorrect information.. etc)

The answers a-c and e-j do not apply to you for this situation.

I believe there is an example form here on VJ for you to look at regarding this too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the second part of your question... If your greencard came from NBC, the address you would send it to is this:

National Benefits Center

Attn: I-551 Corrections

705B SE Melody Lane, Box 2000

Lee's Summit, MO 64063

The first page of this thread had the link to the addresses to send to depending on which Service Center (or the National Benefits Center) last dealt with your I-485. This PDF file was moved apparently (I just checked and found the new one) For the info that was on that PDF file, look here

http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/ne...I-90_050908.pdf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding thie third part of your question... I would also include 2 passport style pictures. Kezzie got an RFE for that and we think it is because it is the picture that is wrong with the Greencard. I am not sure if you will have biometrics or not as well. I don't think so, well at least with JPatter123 they didn't report one but their greencard "error" is their sex, not their picture.

I would seriously suggest making an Infopass appointment to get the I-551 stamp, however you may need your NOA for the I-90 to get it. Steffi wasn't able to get her I-551 stamp without her NOA. HOWEVER, I just re-read your last post and you got an Approval notice in the mail? If it's not the welcome notice, you might be able to use that instead.

Hope this helps and good luck! (F)

Hope this helps!

Couldn't edit the last post again.. bleh. Wanted to add, send copies of documents only (except the greencard, that has to be the original).

kearinne,

Thanks for all the great information....I am sending this packet off UPS tomorrow. I will keep you posted on our outcome.

Have a great night...now off to the gym :D

Debra

Timeline
yup you read that right my wifes new card came in today. Everything is perfect :dance::dance::dance::dance::thumbs: . Just stay with it guys. Keep calling and if you find someone that helps you on the phone get their direct number. That way when you call back they will be somewhat familiar with your case. Best of luck to you guys. I know that this last 3 months has been really disheartning for my wife. I felt so incredibly bad everyday we checked the mail and the new card hand't arrived she would get that far away look in her eye. not really complaing but you could see she was sad. It made her feel really out of place. Welp monday we are going to get her learners permit (she has never driven before :help: ) She is so very excited. Really made her day. I can see she feels much more secure in her place now like a huge weight has been lifted. Keep me up to date everyone on how your case works out. We are praying for you!

Yaaaay! Glad to hear someone actually got a new card. Did you get any touches or anything before the new card arrived? It erally is pathetic that it takes them so long to give people a new card, grrrr. :angry:

Filed: Timeline

JPATTER123

Congrats on the new card..... so it took about 3 months??? so may be by May I will have mine.....

its just so frustrating.... I know I am approved but I want the card to feel its complete... does that make sense to you all?

Kezzie

Timeline
Card received 2/10/06 with a womans photo on it :(

You probably have my photo!! :P

I don't feel so lonely anymore with my "wrong photo" case. I thought I was the only one that had received the wrong photo, but now there's someone else out there.

By the way, they did give me an RFE for 2 passport style photos. So I'm not sure if you should go ahead and send in new ones like others suggested, or just wait until they tell you to give yuo new ones? Either way, best of luck!

I started another inquiry today. Rather I wanted to check up on my old one I filed 37 days but the officer said in their facility they don't have confirmation numbers?? So he started a new one. They really need to get their $hit sorted so it's the same at all facilities! *sigh*

Timeline

Debra&John--------02/13/06---------------------------------wrong photo

I called USCIS and they told me we did Not need to send in photos or fees and that we would be receiving a Biometric Appointment letter. They reconfirmed the address to send it off to and also told me we would receive a NOA.***I pray that information is correct***

Steffi,

By looking at your pretty photo I can say No, it is not you...too bad cause your a pretty lady :D lol, gotta smile in this situation. On the I-90 directions it states no photos are required with the form (Biometrics to be taken again)... :whistle: I guess we will see. Also the person I talked to at USCIS said the same thing...Soooo :huh: *sigh*

Thanks everyone for All your help (F) Will keep you posted...

Best wishes,

Peace to All,

Debra

Timeline
I called USCIS and they told me we did Not need to send in photos or fees and that we would be receiving a Biometric Appointment letter. They reconfirmed the address to send it off to and also told me we would receive a NOA.***I pray that information is correct***

Steffi,

By looking at your pretty photo I can say No, it is not you...too bad cause your a pretty lady :D lol, gotta smile in this situation. On the I-90 directions it states no photos are required with the form (Biometrics to be taken again)... :whistle: I guess we will see. Also the person I talked to at USCIS said the same thing...Soooo :huh: *sigh*

Thanks! :blush::lol:

So did they actually let you file the I-90 over the phone?

This process is just so disorganized. They tell you that you'll get a biometrics appointment, in my case I had to send them in photos. I guess for all I know I could still get an appointment letter?? Who knows at this point! I think my case is weird anyway though because I didn't receive a NOA for my I-90, unlike everyone else. Well, it'll be interesting to see how your case goes though since we had the same mistake on our cards. Only I suppose you didn't get approved through CSC. But still...it'll be interesting for me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.