Steffi

I-90 Info thread for Greencard errors

299 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

I called USCIS and they told me we did Not need to send in photos or fees and that we would be receiving a Biometric Appointment letter. They reconfirmed the address to send it off to and also told me we would receive a NOA.***I pray that information is correct***

Steffi,

By looking at your pretty photo I can say No, it is not you...too bad cause your a pretty lady :D lol, gotta smile in this situation. On the I-90 directions it states no photos are required with the form (Biometrics to be taken again)... :whistle: I guess we will see. Also the person I talked to at USCIS said the same thing...Soooo :huh: *sigh*

Thanks! :blush::lol:

So did they actually let you file the I-90 over the phone?

This process is just so disorganized. They tell you that you'll get a biometrics appointment, in my case I had to send them in photos. I guess for all I know I could still get an appointment letter?? Who knows at this point! I think my case is weird anyway though because I didn't receive a NOA for my I-90, unlike everyone else. Well, it'll be interesting to see how your case goes though since we had the same mistake on our cards. Only I suppose you didn't get approved through CSC. But still...it'll be interesting for me.

Your welcome :D

Nope, not over the phone. He just confirmed where I should send it and gave me the above information. I guess the only good news is that if we need too we have a Great person in the Congressman’s Office to help us..as he has 2 times before. Thank God for that! I guess we all just have to sit back and wait to see what happens, as we have from day 1 with this immigration journey of ours...only Great and Most perfect thing is that we are with our spouses :luv: We got approved through MSC...

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

OMG OMG OMG

My husband has just phoned me @ work to say we have a NOA for my I-90

God I am so happy... nobody here can understand that they think I am a mad Scots woman..... but I wanted to share it with my VJ friends...

Hugs to all

Kezzie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
OMG OMG OMG

God I am so happy... nobody here can understand that they think I am a mad Scots woman..... but I wanted to share it with my VJ friends...

Hugs to all

Kezzie

Yaaay! Sigh of relief for you! :)

January 10, 2003: K1 NOA

October 23, 2003: AOS NOA

November 10, 2005: AOS approved w/o interview (749 days!!)

September 30, 2009: German Beibehaltungsgenehmigung

February 9, 2010: Naturalization interview and Oath Ceremony!

View profile for detailed timeline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know I received my new corrected/edited green card. :thumbs:

They have fixed their mistake and it only took f-o-u-r (4) !!! :o

So I sent the I-90 back on 10/13, didn't hear anything at all so I called about 4 weeks ago; then I received a letter last week stating they had received the incorrect green card and the I-90. The online case status was updated a couple of times last week, most recently on 02/13 advising that the new card had been mailed. Today, it arrived. YIPPEE! :dance::yes::thumbs:

The GC states I've been a resident since 08/05 but the card is valid until 02/16.

My advice to everyone waiting is if you haven't heard anything info since you sent the card back, whether it be a new NOA or just a letter; CALL & ask (demand) to speak with an Immigration Officer!!!

Good luck to everyone still waiting!!

(L) Thanks to my hubby who helped me through this sh*tty process for the last 4 years (L)

I received my green card in August with my last name spelled wrong. Needed to go to Canada for a family funeral (I am British, however) and decided to take the risk. Director at Honolulu said he 'didn't think there would be too much of a problem' (not particularly reassuring!).

Anyway, decided not to draw attention to the fact that my the name on my passport was spelled differently from the name on my green card and the officer either didn't notice or he didn't think it important (??).

I have no idea how long the new green card will take. Hoping to go to the UK in June and I don't really want to put myself at the mercy of some over-zealous immigration officer again. Sounds like it is likely to take over 9 months, however.

Maybe I should get my passport stamped as well just in case?

BTW I didn't send the incorrect green card back. I didn't see anything about that on the I 90 instructions.

???

Edited by Aline

Timeline
OMG OMG OMG

Hugs to all

Kezzie

Congratulations Kezzie & Aussie_Rachel......progress :D

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

I received my green card in August with my last name spelled wrong. Needed to go to Canada for a family funeral (I am British, however) and decided to take the risk. Director at Honolulu said he 'didn't think there would be too much of a problem' (not particularly reassuring!).

Anyway, decided not to draw attention to the fact that my the name on my passport was spelled differently from the name on my green card and the officer either didn't notice or he didn't think it important (??).

I have no idea how long the new green card will take. Hoping to go to the UK in June and I don't really want to put myself at the mercy of some over-zealous immigration officer again. Sounds like it is likely to take over 9 months, however.

Maybe I should get my passport stamped as well just in case?

BTW I didn't send the incorrect green card back. I didn't see anything about that on the I 90 instructions.

???

Aline,

Yes I think you should get a stamp in your passport, we are off to do that on the 24th. Also you should have sent back the incorrect Green Card is does state it in the directions. Refered to as I-551..see below.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-90.htm

If you are filing because your card was issued with incorrect data due to USCIS administrative error, you must mail a new I-90 application using Application Reason "d" My card was issued with incorrect information because of a USCIS administrative error, and any supporting documentation, to the USCIS Service Center/National Benefits Center(NBC) that processed your previously filed I-90 application. For the Service Center/NBC mailing address, please refer to the letter that came with your I-551 card, also known as "Green Card". This letter provides the address for the Service Center/NBC that processed your previously filed I-90 application. The Service Center/NBC address can also be found on the I-797 "Notice of Action" issued for the previously filed I-90 application. In addition to the new I-90 application, applicants are required to send the original I-551 card containing incorrect information, and documentation that supports the requested correction. I-90 applications submitted with Application Reason "d" do not require the $70 biometrics fee or the base application fee.

Best wishes to you,

Debra

Timeline

TO ADD YOUR NAME: COPY AND PASTE (including these instructions) AND PUT YOUR NAME IN THE APPROPRIATE PLACE OF WHEN YOU FILED YOUR I-90

Name--------------Sent I-90------Arrived-------Sent to-----Reason------------NOA---------------New card

Hotairguy---------------?--------------?------------NSC------wrong name--------04/18/05-----------?

Aussie_Rachel ----10/13-05-----10/17/05------NBC------wrong country----- None---------------02/14/06

Jpatter123---------11/02/05-----11/15/05---- -CSC------wrong sex----------11/23/05-----------02/10/06

Steffi---------------11/30/05-----12/06/05------CSC------wrong photo--------?-------------------?

Kezzie--------------12/20/05-----12/21/05------NBC------no card-------------02/03/06 refiled - had to pay fee

Kearinne-----------01/18/06-----01/19/06------CSC------wrong sex----------02/03/06-----------?

marknir---------- --01/31/06-----02/03/06------CSC------wrong country-----N/A-----------------?

Debra&John--------02/13/06---------------------------------wrong photo

Edited by Steffi

Timeline
They have fixed their mistake and it only took f-o-u-r (4) !!! :o

4 months? I'm so glad that you finally got it!! Gives me hope. Though it's still pathetic that some people get their original green card in shorter time than it takes them to get out a damn replacement. *sigh* But congrats!! :D

So I sent the I-90 back on 10/13, didn't hear anything at all so I called about 4 weeks ago; then I received a letter last week stating they had received the incorrect green card and the I-90. The online case status was updated a couple of times last week, most recently on 02/13 advising that the new card had been mailed. Today, it arrived. YIPPEE! :dance::yes::thumbs:

My advice to everyone waiting is if you haven't heard anything info since you sent the card back, whether it be a new NOA or just a letter; CALL & ask (demand) to speak with an Immigration Officer!!!

Could you elaborate on that stuff a bit more, please? Did you start an inquiry through the 800 number and then received a letter saying that they had received your I-90?

You never did receive a NOA for the I-90 though, or did you?

When the status was updated, was it just touches, or what were the messages?

I called the 800 number abotu 40 days ago and started an inquiry, but of course haven't heard anything back about it. I called again 2 days ago and statred another one. The officer said he cuoldn't check up on the other one because in their facility they didn't have confirmation numbers?! Oh, and both times I did speak to an immigration officer. The 2nd one told me that he could find NO information about me in the system, except my old EAD. Everything else had been wiped I guess (which they do after a caseis approved??). I suppose my last message did say that they received my RFE and that it'll take 120-180 days to process....so I suppose I should just be more patient and wait. I'm just so freakin' sick of waiting after I've alerady waited for over 2 years to get the damn thing approved. *sigh*

Timeline

TO ADD YOUR NAME: COPY AND PASTE (including these instructions) AND PUT YOUR NAME IN THE APPROPRIATE PLACE OF WHEN YOU FILED YOUR I-90

Name--------------Sent I-90------Arrived-------Sent to-----Reason------------NOA---------------New card

Hotairguy---------------?--------------?------------NSC------wrong name--------04/18/05-----------?

Aussie_Rachel ----10/13-05-----10/17/05------NBC------wrong country----- None---------------02/14/06

Jpatter123---------11/02/05-----11/15/05---- -CSC------wrong sex----------11/23/05-----------02/10/06

Steffi---------------11/30/05-----12/06/05------CSC------wrong photo--------?-------------------?

Kezzie--------------12/20/05-----12/21/05------NBC------no card-------------02/03/06 refiled - had to pay fee

Kearinne-----------01/18/06-----01/19/06------CSC------wrong sex----------02/03/06-----------?

marknir---------- --01/31/06-----02/03/06------CSC------wrong country-----N/A-----------------?

Debra&John--------02/13/06-----2/15/06.........MSC........Wrong Photo.........I pray..............

I have a delivery confirmation....I hope we get a NOA real soon.

Best wishes,

Debra

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Updating list and adding new names. If I added your name, could you fill in the blanks and put your name in the right order? It would help a lot to see an average of how long this whole process takes and how many of us are going/have gone through it.

Name--------------Sent I-90------Arrived-------Sent to-----Reason--------------NOA------------New card

Hotairguy---------------?--------------?------------NSC------wrong name-------04/18/05--------------?

Dano--------------------?--------------?--------------?--------wrong sex--------------?--------------02/16/06 :dance:

Aussie_Rachel-----10/13-05-----10/17/05------NBC-----wrong country------None------------02/14/06 :dance:

Jpatter123---------11/02/05-----11/15/05------CSC-----wrong sex----------11/23/05--------02/10/06 :dance:

Steffi----------------11/30/05----12/06/05-------CSC-----wrong photo-----------?--------------------?

Kezzie--------------12/20/05-----12/21/05------NBC------no card----02/03/06 refiled-had to pay fee :protest:

Kearinne-----------01/18/06-----01/19/06------CSC------wrong sex---------02/03/06--------------?

marknir-------------01/31/06-----02/03/06------CSC------wrong country-------N/A------------------?

Kezzie (refiled)---02/03/06--------------------------------------------------------02/13/06--------------?

Debra&John-------02/13/06-----02/15/06-------MSC-----wrong photo-------I pray-----------------?

Aline---------------------?---------------?--------------?--------wrong name----------?--------------------?

Nushagak27-----------?---------------?--------------?--------wrong date-----------?---------------??/??/06 :dance:

Ruth (Kristine) - Ontario, Canada / Andy - Oregon, USA

Became a couple July 4th 2002

Married July 4th 2005

K1 timeline

10/21/2004 - Petition sent to NSC

10/27/2004 - NOA1 issued

02/05/2005 - NOA2 issued

05/13/2005 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

AOS timeline

10/03/2005 - AOS package sent

10/11/2005 - NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP

11/22/2005 - Biometrics - AOS and EAD

12/07/2005 - AP and EAD approved!

12/15/2005 - AOS transfered to CSC

01/12/2006 - AOS Approved!

Removal of Conditions

04/09/2007 - Filed I-751 at NSC (filed early - see timeline for reason)

04/30/2007 - NOA1

06/02/2007 - Biometrics

03/27/2008 - Transferred to CSC

04/18/2008 - I-751 Approved! (didn't find out til 11 days afterward)

04/29/2008 - I-551 stamp at Portland office (told of approval)

05/12/2008 - 10yr Greencard arrives in mail!

*phew* I'm done for a bit now - naturalization can wait

Timeline
Aussie_Rachel-----10/13-05-----10/17/05------NBC-----wrong country------None------------02/14/06 :dance:

Jpatter123---------11/02/05-----11/15/05------CSC-----wrong sex----------11/23/05--------02/10/06 :dance:

Steffi----------------11/30/05----12/06/05-------CSC-----wrong photo-----------?--------------------?

Not to get my hopes up or anything, but maybe I'll actually get mine in a month's time??? Then again I've never been super lucky with USCIS (aside from approval without interview), so in my case it'll probably take another year before Iget my card. :P

Timeline

We are driving up to Seattle for an info pass appointment on Feb 24th to get the I-551 stamp in Johns passport...hope they give it to us...maybe we will get a NOA before then ;)

Cold and kind bummed today....I need some heat! (F)

Keep warm....

Debra

Timeline

Just giving this a *bump*.

So no news for anyone?

Haven't gotten any touches since 1/30. :(

Timeline

Nope, no news .... just tired..!!!! :(

Tired and ready to have this over with!! :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.