AlHayatZween

Is It Normal...

35 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

It is soooo normal how you are feeling!!!!!

Believe it or not, I went through a really down period before my husband came. He was also gone a lot doing last minute trips to say goodbye to relatives, I was stressing about every last detail. On top of which, I am fatter than when he saw me last so I felt unattractive.

So to give you some encouragement, please try refrain coming to conclusions now.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We must be the odd couple because we never fight. We have a few disagreements but they are usually resolved quickly. As we enter the final countdown, I can honestly say it has never been better for us than it is now.

I can relate well to PB's post. We have not seen each other in going on 2 years. Not even on cam.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thank you, for your responses...

i don't know why i am fixated on all the unimportant stuff (like my hair!!) :blush:

this is my before and after:

up to 2007 and after filing for immigration

monoeuf.bmp

Edited by AlHayatZween

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: Timeline

i don't know why i am fixated on all the unimportant stuff (like my hair!!) :blush:

monoeuf.bmp

I wouldnt worry about American women anyway. I posted another post about North African women throwing themselves at him and ignoring me standing there pregnant. Oh was I pissed

Jealousy is EXTREMELY NORMAL.

Yes its normal to wig out before AND after they get here

Don't worry too much

Do clean your house extra good. If you have to , hire someone. They notice this stuff

Do go get your hair done the day or day before he gets here and buy a new outfit.

Make sure the closet is cleaned out. Yes it matters if they need a place to hang their stuff

Do install SKYPE on your phone and then put money credit in there so they can call home real easy

Expect some very severe ups and downs.

Have fun all in all this will be an adventure

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

monoeuf.bmp

I wouldn't worry about it too much, he's coming here for you - not your hair ;)

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Filed: Other Timeline

I have had a lot of these thoughts/emotions already and Govi isn't anywhere near to coming here yet... We recently had a number of heart to heart talks where I tried to really make him see the magnitude of the step he is taking by coming here, that he is leaving his family, familiar places, etc. and is he really really sure about coming??? 2 days ago I was speaking Nepali almost 24/7 and now even I miss hearing it so how will he feel?? LOL I was in the same boat 8 years ago coming from Hawaii to NYC(really like 2 different countries) and homesick as hell and not really adjusting to the weather and culture for 2 years - now I really enjoy it here(most of the time). So I can tell Govi about my own experiences and say I know how it feels to miss home - once you get beyond the first few months/possibly 1 year it will get better. I know once he has his visa and plane ticket in hand the feelings will surface again with full force but hopefully they will pass.

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Timeline
I wouldn't worry about it too much, he's coming here for you - not your hair ;)

ha!

Shukran! :thumbs:

love0038.gif

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

It's so normal Hayet! If you weren't feeling like that you'd probbaly be makin a mistake that you didn't care so much!!! He married you vs all the girls he could've married back home and he kept in contact with you vs any other girl so that thought should disappear! It means he thinks youre the only face he has in his eyes and the only one he'd want to be there for him. I was scared and nervous that he wouldn't like it here...well he doesn't but he says when we're at my house he feels like home! He just doesn't like the disrespectful people everywhere :rolleyes:

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

and the airport waiting oh god he came 6 pm after all immigration stuff----i wanted to die my heart dropped down to my like ### it was so crazy to see my babe again and FOREVER. He kissed me on the lips in front of my dad!!!!!!!!!! My whole family was laughing our faces were sooo red we forgot about everyone. We both had tears!!!as he was walking i tried to be like i didnt see him but it was too hard. so don't even try to act cool it wont work LOL

and the airport waiting oh god he came 6 pm after all immigration stuff----i wanted to die my heart dropped down to my like ### it was so crazy to see my babe again and FOREVER. He kissed me on the lips in front of my dad!!!!!!!!!! My whole family was laughing our faces were sooo red we forgot about everyone. We both had tears!!!as he was walking i tried to be like i didnt see him but it was too hard. so don't even try to act cool it wont work LOL

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

I was early at the airport and he was the last person to come out. I waited for 3 hours.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

But my husband got held up in immigration so it wasn't his fault. But the POE officer was nice and let him call me to tell me he was gonna be delayed. :thumbs: He actually felt bad for holding up my husband so he processed all his paperwork on the spot and told him that it would help him get his greencard faster. Not sure if that is why we got it so fast, but he was much nicer than we expected. :thumbs:

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Timeline
I was late to the airport-- he was waiting for me outside for almost 30 minutes :)

:D oh my!

my husband would be flipping out!

i'm so excited for the airport!! :jest:

love0038.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

monoeuf.bmp

Your hair is truly a work of art, either way :star:

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.