nunyab

MENA what is the name of that tea???

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
I donnow what they made you in Morocco but generally green tea with mint, fennel and ginger is made in the Magreb for stomach illnesses, called simply the general (generic) name tisane!

That sounds delicious, stomach ache or not.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I'm thinking it is verbena - that's what we use... You can def get that in tea bags. Hope you feel better soon.

that's it!!!!!! where do you find it!!!!! :thumbs:

I live in a very metropolitan city and the ONLY place I have ever found lemon verbena ie luisa is ordering a plant online and planting it. But it grows big and multiplies and you will have tons of luisa and I think it can be dried but I was too lazy to try. I forget where I have ordered it from, I didnt order it this year. I actually should check my pot graveyard I might have some growing behind my shed that has happened to me before I THINK i forget if luisa comes back. Anyway you can order it online and plant it your husband will love that.

I'm thinking it is verbena - that's what we use... You can def get that in tea bags. Hope you feel better soon.

that's it!!!!!! where do you find it!!!!! :thumbs:

I live in a very metropolitan city and the ONLY place I have ever found lemon verbena ie luisa is ordering a plant online and planting it. But it grows big and multiplies and you will have tons of luisa and I think it can be dried but I was too lazy to try. I forget where I have ordered it from, I didnt order it this year. I actually should check my pot graveyard I might have some growing behind my shed that has happened to me before I THINK i forget if luisa comes back. Anyway you can order it online and plant it your husband will love that.

OH and also we like to have mint and luisa together.

Yeah that sounds familiar too?????? Luisa

Timeline
Ok so i'll explain that I have a touch of the flu.. and when i had stomach aches in Morocco they would make a tea for me.... it was great worked wonders. Now I am back in the states and can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know the name and if it's available in the U.S. at all? My mother in law made it from herbs but I know they make it in tea bags.

Thanks in advance for any help in this...

~~Rajaa~~

Make sure if it's verbena that you get lemon verbena and try it first. Verbena is a really wide set of species-- Lemon verbena is what is used mostly in culinary circles. If it's meramia, then that isn't exaclty sage-- it's like the cousin of sage-- it's in the sage family, but our culinary sage is not the same thing as meramia-- 2 different species. If it's zattar, that's the same deal-- cousin of oregano. Same genus, different species.

There you are Julianna... I knew you would be the person who would know.... thanks :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Ok so i'll explain that I have a touch of the flu.. and when i had stomach aches in Morocco they would make a tea for me.... it was great worked wonders. Now I am back in the states and can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know the name and if it's available in the U.S. at all? My mother in law made it from herbs but I know they make it in tea bags.

~~Rajaa~~

Make sure if it's verbena that you get lemon verbena and try it first. Verbena is a really wide set of species-- Lemon verbena is what is used mostly in culinary circles. If it's meramia, then that isn't exaclty sage-- it's like the cousin of sage-- it's in the sage family, but our culinary sage is not the same thing as meramia-- 2 different species. If it's zattar, that's the same deal-- cousin of oregano. Same genus, different species.

There you are Julianna... I knew you would be the person who would know.... thanks :thumbs:

LOL awww, others answered you much sooner. Was it straight lemon verbena? I know chammomile has a sort of drowsiness-inducing quality, and modern drugs for motion sickness are really jsut sleeping pills essentially-- I get really motion sick (even just pulling out of the driveway lol) and I don't take the pills because my first instinct is to sleep.. and sometimes, if I sleep I can wake up and be fine, other times I'll jsut sleep the whole way. A lot of stomach ails are kind of just cured by sleeping it off :) Mint was also a good suggestion, small ammounts of mint are known to help with stomach upsetness... although be fure nto to injest too much, as mint is mildly poisonous and if you injest too much it upsets your stomach :) I doubt you'd be injesting that much mint though-- that takes eating stalks of mint!

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline

~~Rajaa~~

LOL awww, others answered you much sooner. Was it straight lemon verbena? I know chammomile has a sort of drowsiness-inducing quality, and modern drugs for motion sickness are really jsut sleeping pills essentially-- I get really motion sick (even just pulling out of the driveway lol) and I don't take the pills because my first instinct is to sleep.. and sometimes, if I sleep I can wake up and be fine, other times I'll jsut sleep the whole way. A lot of stomach ails are kind of just cured by sleeping it off :) Mint was also a good suggestion, small ammounts of mint are known to help with stomach upsetness... although be fure nto to injest too much, as mint is mildly poisonous and if you injest too much it upsets your stomach :) I doubt you'd be injesting that much mint though-- that takes eating stalks of mint!

lol yes others did but we were waiting for you..... :star: I love verbena and luisa my other fave!!! but now no tummy ache lol ohe well next time.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

~~Rajaa~~

lol yes others did but we were waiting for you..... :star: I love verbena and luisa my other fave!!! but now no tummy ache lol ohe well next time.

luisa is verbena, at least in israel. lemon balm is called "lemonit" that is a very hebrew sounding word so i doubt its the same in arabic. maybe thats what you are thinking of though.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.