nunyab

MENA what is the name of that tea???

37 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ok so i'll explain that I have a touch of the flu.. and when i had stomach aches in Morocco they would make a tea for me.... it was great worked wonders. Now I am back in the states and can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know the name and if it's available in the U.S. at all? My mother in law made it from herbs but I know they make it in tea bags.

Thanks in advance for any help in this...

~~Rajaa~~

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm not sure what it's called but I've got a whole bunch of it in my cupboard!

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Timeline

I really don't think it's anything that's carried in American supermarkets but I do think that part of it is dried sage. I honestly think it tastes awful but my husband swears by it. I would try to get dry sage leaves and boil them loose like you do regular Moroccan tea....

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Timeline
I really don't think it's anything that's carried in American supermarkets but I do think that part of it is dried sage. I honestly think it tastes awful but my husband swears by it. I would try to get dry sage leaves and boil them loose like you do regular Moroccan tea....

I agree it doens't taste well at all but boy does it work! sage huh? that sounds right and there was something else I think?? Thanks sounds like we're getting close :thumbs:

Edited by Rajaa_Reda

Timeline

I know there is also something that my husband uses for upset stomachs - it looks like a black seed...but I can't figure it out....Nigella seeds maybe..let me do some research.

ETA: Fenugreek Seeds

Edited by MrsAmera

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I know there is also something that my husband uses for upset stomachs - it looks like a black seed...but I can't figure it out....Nigella seeds maybe..let me do some research.

Yeah, there's a lady at my mosque who swears that these black seeds she has will cure me of anything... haven't tried it yet :blush:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Timeline

Yeah, there's a lady at my mosque who swears that these black seeds she has will cure me of anything... haven't tried it yet :blush:

i am going to have to google that one.. have no idea where to find such a thing lol

Timeline

Try GNC I think it comes in a bottle much like Calcium or other vitamins

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Most definitely Sage.....looks a lot like the stuff Ganga Girl puffs on :P You can also brew tea and then add sage...boil for a few minutes more and "enjoy". I bring it back dried from Jordan...and haven't had probles at customs...I am sure they've seen/smelled it many times. Man does it taste awful!! Works wonders though.

"Haters are confused admirers, they can’t be or figure you out so negativity comes out [their] mouth.”

-Chad Ochocinco "85" - WR Cincinnati Bengals

zaatar tea is fantabulous too (thyme)

what is it u call the sage?? bobonej? or is bobonej = chamomile?

I love the sage tea for stomach aches...

we have all of these that hubsters family sent from Jordan. He and I both brought them back with us... We love the stuff.

eta.. merimea...thats it!!!

Edited by amal

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

My MIL gave me dry cumin for stomach ache. It helped, but it was...dry.

Hubby says fenugreek is good for the blood. We got some seeds at a MENA grocery, and we soak them overnight. They become soft on the outside. Then you can eat a spoonful as-is or cook with it. A day or two after you eat it, your skin will smell a bit like curry, so time the consumption with that in mind. :innocent:

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Timeline

I'm thinking it is verbena - that's what we use... You can def get that in tea bags. Hope you feel better soon.

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.