doodlebugg

ramadan and hajj stuffs

147 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
Has anyone ever put a disclaimer in their work emails that basically says that you are fasting from 5am until 7pm so please excuse any unusual abruptness in this message?

:unsure:

It depends on how multicutural they are. If they are rednecks I doubt your ramadan disclaimer will make a dent LOL

so only rednecks are not multiculteral? :huh:

multicultural on beer maybe :whistle:

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Has anyone ever put a disclaimer in their work emails that basically says that you are fasting from 5am until 7pm so please excuse any unusual abruptness in this message?

It depends on how multicutural they are. If they are rednecks I doubt your ramadan disclaimer will make a dent LOL

:bonk: more stereotyping!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

:bonk: more stereotyping!

:) I would never do that!

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
What are your thoughts on having a massage (therapeutic) during Ramadan prior to sundown?

As long as there's no "happy ending" :lol:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
What are your thoughts on having a massage (therapeutic) during Ramadan prior to sundown?

hahaha... ur funny Bridget :bonk:

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Timeline

hahaha... ur funny Bridget :bonk:

Whattya mean I'm funny?

Whattya mean? They way I talk? What?

Funny how? I mean, what's funny about it?

I'm funny how, I mean funny, like I'm a clown? I amuse you. I make you laugh? I'm here to frikkin' amuse you? Whattya you mean funny? Funny how? How am I funny?

:devil:

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
hmmmm...here's a dilemma I never anticipated..................

I was showing hubster the fajr and maghrib times last night for Ramadan and told him that's kind of doable and not so bad as I had imagined.

Then I asked, "so what time do you think we should wake up the first day?"

(mind you that fajr is at 4:48 the first morning so I'm thinking we'll wake up around 4:15ish, eat and then go back to bed)

His answer was 3am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And he said it with such pure GLEE!!!!!!!!

I was like ####### 3 am????? We still have to go to work ya know...we can't sleep all day long like you do in Egypt!!!!!

He's like well it takes time to make the tea and coffee and fuul and spread it out nice, we'll take our time eating, "doing laundry" (not his words :blush: ), then we'll pray and go to sleep.

This is our first Ramadan together. Is this what everyone else's husband is planning on or does do????? :blink::blink:

I know this is a few days old, but last year I started getting up an hour or so before Fajr, cooking, trying to wake hubby so we wouldn't start the day on completely empty stomachs. By the end of Ramadan, I was jumping up maybe 20 minutes ahead, grabbing whatever I could from the kitchen (fruit, bread, cheese) and two big glasses of water, shaking hubby awake enough for him to at least get the water down, downing my own glass of water, and hoping I got hydrated enough before the time ran out. The evenings were fun, though, because we'd pack a picnic and go to the lake and kill time, have some great talks, watch the sun set, and then break the fast. This year, he'll be working until around 2 am, home by 2:45 or so. Apparently Fajr will be at 5:48 for us in the beginning, so I don't know if he'll go to sleep until after that. My intention is to have harira or something waiting for him in the crockpot since he'll break the fast at work -- we'll see how long that intention lasts. Haven't yet figured out how I'm going to adjust my own sleeping schedule around his. It might mean an afternoon nap. It could very well be in the high 90s during Ramadan this year, so it should be interesting.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Timeline

The hardest part for me is having to cook. Period. I hate cooking without tasting the dish, you know? Plus I have to cook about 2 hours ahead of time so that the kids can eat!!! They do a little mini fast thing by not eating breakfast and waiting until noon to eat lunch, which in the past has worked well with school, etc. They're not officially muslim but it's so neat the way they want to join in. My little one even wants to get up with us a few times this year for suhoor. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We get up about 30 minutes before and have some harira and various leftovers usually. Sometimes I make oatmeal because I feel like that's one of the best things to hold you for the day. Important to have protein too, so we always have lots of hardboiled eggs on hand.

Not sure how our schedule will go this year as Wadi's hours are all over the place - sometimes he's up at 4 for work, and sometimes he doesn't get home until 4. I'm sure I will be a zombie all month.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
We get up about 30 minutes before and have some harira and various leftovers usually. Sometimes I make oatmeal because I feel like that's one of the best things to hold you for the day. Important to have protein too, so we always have lots of hardboiled eggs on hand.

Not sure how our schedule will go this year as Wadi's hours are all over the place - sometimes he's up at 4 for work, and sometimes he doesn't get home until 4. I'm sure I will be a zombie all month.

Oh yes, oatmeal is great stuff.

This is way OT, but the boiled eggs reminded me. My husband talked about selling individual boiled eggs when he was a kid and suggested that we buy some already boiled one day when we were in a rush. I told him we didn't have such a thing; I'd never seen them (pickled, yes, but not just boiled). He was sure we must. Sure enough, there they were in Publix in the deli section. I probably have tunnel vision in grocery stores since I'm such a creature of habit, but he gets tickled whenever he finds something that I would SWEAR we can't buy in the store. Same thing happened with a package of replacement attachments for his buzzer. "Oh, they wouldn't sell enough of those to bother stocking them. We'll have to buy them online." "What are these?"

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Oh yes, oatmeal is great stuff.

This is way OT, but the boiled eggs reminded me. My husband talked about selling individual boiled eggs when he was a kid and suggested that we buy some already boiled one day when we were in a rush. I told him we didn't have such a thing; I'd never seen them (pickled, yes, but not just boiled). He was sure we must. Sure enough, there they were in Publix in the deli section. I probably have tunnel vision in grocery stores since I'm such a creature of habit, but he gets tickled whenever he finds something that I would SWEAR we can't buy in the store. Same thing happened with a package of replacement attachments for his buzzer. "Oh, they wouldn't sell enough of those to bother stocking them. We'll have to buy them online." "What are these?"

I believe Publix also sells them in the Dairy foods section, too. I don't eat them, but they seem super convenient. :thumbs:

Filed: Timeline

Can't wait for ramadan either! This will be my first one (I did not participate last year) and I will be alone ...Ramadan 09 hubby and I will share it and that should be interesting. I still can't find the perfect recipe for haraira tho. Wish I paid more attention to my mother in laws exact recipe and technique ......Anyone want to share :) ?

Timeline
Can't wait for ramadan either! This will be my first one (I did not participate last year) and I will be alone ...Ramadan 09 hubby and I will share it and that should be interesting. I still can't find the perfect recipe for haraira tho. Wish I paid more attention to my mother in laws exact recipe and technique ......Anyone want to share :) ?

I would like a tried and true one too! I looked in the sultan's kitchen thread that's pinned up above but I couldn't find one. My hubby's never heard of it but I want to try it out this weekend for a practice run just to make sure he likes it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.