doodlebugg

ramadan and hajj stuffs

147 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
When I checked last I remember Maghreb was after 8. Going to look again...

This site is not correct as far as I can tell: http://www.guidedways.com/prayertimes/pray...de--71.0605.htm

Ugh! Now I'm even more confused. I'm thinking the 7p.m. times don't reflect daylight savings. We don't change the clocks back until end of October, so I think the 8p.m. times are right?

That is the July schedule. I believe Ramadan is scheduled to start maybe Sep 1. If you change the dates the times line up with what mine had I think.

No, I changed the date to September 1. I'm thinking that the thing just doesn't work. Because now I notice that it says the same time for today's date as for Sept. 1. It does update when you toggle the DST, so who knows. I'll go by your site.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

This site is not correct as far as I can tell: http://www.guidedways.com/prayertimes/pray...de--71.0605.htm

Ugh! Now I'm even more confused. I'm thinking the 7p.m. times don't reflect daylight savings. We don't change the clocks back until end of October, so I think the 8p.m. times are right?

That is the July schedule. I believe Ramadan is scheduled to start maybe Sep 1. If you change the dates the times line up with what mine had I think.

No, I changed the date to September 1. I'm thinking that the thing just doesn't work. Because now I notice that it says the same time for today's date as for Sept. 1. It does update when you toggle the DST, so who knows. I'll go by your site.

I had that same problem too but I went here somehow http://www.guidedways.com/prayertimes/pray...;hijricorrect=0 and just changed the month.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Phew!

In Houston our first week fasting beigns about a quarter to 6am and we break fast about 7.40pm and the days getting a couple of minutes shorter each day as we go along! By the end of Ramadan we are fasting 6.10am to 7.10pm.

ETA: I can't believe there is that much difference in daylight between Houston and Boston!

Location within time zones....there is at least a 30 minute difference between boston and say Detroit in terms of Sunrise to Sunset. On the East Coast of the Eastern Time Zone the Sun rises at 530, while in the western part of the time zone it could be 645 when it rises. ;)

"Haters are confused admirers, they can’t be or figure you out so negativity comes out [their] mouth.”

-Chad Ochocinco "85" - WR Cincinnati Bengals

Timeline

I had that same problem too but I went here somehow http://www.guidedways.com/prayertimes/pray...;hijricorrect=0 and just changed the month.

Yeah, the monthly timetable seems fine. The daily one will only show the current date, I think.

Well, I feel better anyway, I had been been thinking that after 8 was going to be really tough!

Yeah, the monthly timetable seems fine. The daily one will only show the current date, I think.

Well, I feel better anyway, I had been been thinking that after 8 was going to be really tough!

either way its about 11 hours a day right? It's a long time before we are back to the winter months. ;)

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Timeline

either way its about 11 hours a day right? It's a long time before we are back to the winter months. ;)

Yes, Wadi has mentioned relocating to Brazil for the next few years. Some pretty good soccer there anyway. :P

ETA: I think we make the same joke every year! :lol:

Edited by Jenn!

yep same joke here each year! I still ownder what they do in a place like helsinki where it daylight until midnight or so in the summer!

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
yep same joke here each year! I still ownder what they do in a place like helsinki where it daylight until midnight or so in the summer!

I read something on a fatwa site that if you are in the far north where it stays daylight for much longer than most places then you can adjust your fasting time to what would be normal for more southern regions. They explained that fasting the right way is important but God doesn't want fasting to be such a hardship that your health is effected. Some of the northern places only have daylight for an hour or two during certain times of the year. That would hardly give you time to eat or do anything before fasting would begin again.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

I read something on a fatwa site that if you are in the far north where it stays daylight for much longer than most places then you can adjust your fasting time to what would be normal for more southern regions. They explained that fasting the right way is important but God doesn't want fasting to be such a hardship that your health is effected. Some of the northern places only have daylight for an hour or two during certain times of the year. That would hardly give you time to eat or do anything before fasting would begin again.

I have read that too and that many just follow the times in Saudi Arabia.

I know many immigrants that follow these times rather than their local times once they arrive in the US.

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

I have read that too and that many just follow the times in Saudi Arabia.

I know many immigrants that follow these times rather than their local times once they arrive in the US.

Now that seems like going too far unless you moved to Alaska. The US doesn't have extreme differences from the middle east in how long you fast. Oh well, not my business. I'll just worry about myself. I was in four different places last year during Ramadan including Texas, Oklahoma, Jordan and Syria. I just printed out the correct times for each place in the US and went off the Adhan while in the middle east.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Timeline

hmmmm...here's a dilemma I never anticipated..................

I was showing hubster the fajr and maghrib times last night for Ramadan and told him that's kind of doable and not so bad as I had imagined.

Then I asked, "so what time do you think we should wake up the first day?"

(mind you that fajr is at 4:48 the first morning so I'm thinking we'll wake up around 4:15ish, eat and then go back to bed)

His answer was 3am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And he said it with such pure GLEE!!!!!!!!

I was like ####### 3 am????? We still have to go to work ya know...we can't sleep all day long like you do in Egypt!!!!!

He's like well it takes time to make the tea and coffee and fuul and spread it out nice, we'll take our time eating, "doing laundry" (not his words :blush: ), then we'll pray and go to sleep.

This is our first Ramadan together. Is this what everyone else's husband is planning on or does do????? :blink::blink:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline
hmmmm...here's a dilemma I never anticipated..................

I was showing hubster the fajr and maghrib times last night for Ramadan and told him that's kind of doable and not so bad as I had imagined.

(mind you that fajr is at 4:48 the first morning so I'm thinking we'll wake up around 4:15ish, eat and then go back to bed)

I was like ####### 3 am????? We still have to go to work ya know...we can't sleep all day long like you do in Egypt!!!!!

He's like well it takes time to make the tea and coffee and fuul and spread it out nice, we'll take our time eating, "doing laundry" (not his words :blush: ), then we'll pray and go to sleep.

This is our first Ramadan together. Is this what everyone else's husband is planning on or does do????? :blink::blink:

Sounds like something my husband would plan... I swear, he doesn't need as much sleep as I do and doesn't drink caffine :blink: I'm not such a morning person... and besides I have to be up at 5:30 am for work... that plan is not going to work for me. :no:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Idir always needs more time in the mornign befor efasting than I do. I stil don't really understand why. He wants to wake up with an hour to go. I want 30 mins max!

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.