• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
Isn't there also a rule that if you have an Israeli stamp in your passport you can't go to hajj?

jJ

I just checked on http://www.hajinformation.com/ and they didn't have anything in there that mentions an Israeli stamp in the passport. So, I would assume that it is safe to go, unless the KSA doesn't allow anyone in with an Israeli stamp.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Isn't there also a rule that if you have an Israeli stamp in your passport you can't go to hajj?

jJ

I think a lot of times when people go to Israel and they know they're going to a muslim country they will have the stamp put on a separate piece of paper right? I think I remember WOM saying something like that but I could be wrong.

The price difference between the package that I want and the one my husband seems to think is fine is about $5,000 per person!!! I told him that the cheaper price means you'd be in a "quad" room sharing with two other people that you don't know.

Then he told me that there's no nookie while in Hajj. :blink::blink::blink: I guess it wouldn't matter much if that's the case since nothing's going on in there anyways. I would just be scared if they were really weird people or something you know?

And yes Ramadan will be kind of hard this year I would imagine since Fajr will be around 4:30am and Maghrib will be 7:15pm. I'm going to rethink making up those lost fasts this month since Fajr is now around 3:00 am and Maghrib is 8:22pm. I can't imagine when Ramadan will be in July!!! :blink::blink::blink:

And on that note I'm also going to try to figure out when Ramadan will be in the coldest month for Mecca since me and heat just don't mix. (ask my husband how I am when he forgets to turn on the a/c during the day!!! :diablo: )

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

ok... ladies and gentleman.. question. This is my first Ramadan after my shahada.... I know there is no eating or drinking after sun rise and before sun set but I also just read that here is sexual abstinance.... did I read that right??? or is it only during sun rise and sun set?

Edited by Rajaa_Reda

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

abstinance only during sun up to sun down --- but not just sexual abstinance - -- no hugging or kissing either during the day.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Timeline
ok... ladies and gentleman.. question. This is my first Ramadan after my shahada.... I know there is no eating or drinking after sun rise and before sun set but I also just read that here is sexual abstinance.... did I read that right??? or is it only during sun rise and sun set?

Yes, that's why you have to ask hubby if it's ok to fast before you start your make up fasts during the rest of the year since it affects him as well as you. :)

Timeline
abstinance only during sun up to sun down --- but not just sexual abstinance - -- no hugging or kissing either during the day.

I was planning a trip to see my husband the last week of Ramadan I think we can refrain from all that during the sun times.. :blush: just wanted to make sure sunset was still a go :star:

Timeline

No hand holding either...basically no touching during sunlight...

arghhhh LOL

ETA: Hubby loves Ramadan in Morocco however I think if I were planning to visit it would be better to go with only a day or two left of Ramadan and then be there for Eid. After I didn't see my husband for months on end there was no way I could keep distance from him ALL day! It would make me nuts!

Edited by MrsAmera

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Timeline
No hand holding either...basically no touching during sunlight...

arghhhh LOL

ETA: Hubby loves Ramadan in Morocco however I think if I were planning to visit it would be better to go with only a day or two left of Ramadan and then be there for Eid. After I didn't see my husband for months on end there was no way I could keep distance from him ALL day! It would make me nuts!

this might be harder than I thought ..... lol.. but I think I can not touch him perhaps I should consider the first week of Oct. :blush:

Timeline

I have a question about illnesses and fasting :unsure: I think I remember that it is your choice whether you fast or not, but that if you don't it's excusable and you make it up later in the year.

What if you have a chronic illness and the doctor is concerned for your overall health?

My doctor actually thinks that my fasting last year helped trigger the episode I had and that since I'm still not very healthy it would be a large health risk to do it again for an extended period of time..... so what do I do? Just go ahead and fast and stop if I end up back in the hospital, or feel guilty and awful all month? I really want to fast, but I don't know if it's acceptable :unsure:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Timeline

good question Polarbear... I have no idea sorry. I do know we are not to do anything that may cause us health problems. If this may cause a health problem then it doesn't make sense to fast. Perhaps talk to your husband and see if you can break it up throughout the year?

Edited by Rajaa_Reda

Timeline

This is my opinion based on lots of reading - if it's going to hurt you then you shouldn't do it. Fasting is for healhty people to do, and it's not meant to cause harm. I have seen so many people in Morocco who should not be fasting but feel like if they don't they are getting a ticket out of paradise. To me this is nonsense. If you can do it and stay healthy go for it, if you can't then don't.

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Timeline

Oh wow! Someone gave me this cool link www.hajjcoach.com . It has tips to make your Hajj journey more beneficial and normally it's $247 for all the videos but now it's free! I just joined.

Also there's packages by the same person who puts out the info on the above site here: http://www.al-muyassar.ca/index.2008.php . Apparently he's really good but I wonder if a US citizen can tag along with a Canadian group.

Polar I hear ya. I have an autoimmune disorder and each Ramadan I trigger an episode but you just do what you can, you know? I'm sorry I don't have more advice to give you but technically I think you're exempt if you have such an illness. Someone else might be able to provide a good hadith for this.

Timeline

Do we really need like some actual concrete evidence on this? I mean it just makes no sense to me. Alllah does not want to harm us, fasting is supposed to give you a closer connection to Allah but if you're suffering through it physically then what is the point? What does your doctor say polarbear? I would go with their advice.

ETA: Straight from the Qu'ran

[2:184] Specific days (are designated for fasting); if one is ill or traveling, an equal number of other days may be substituted. Those who can fast, but with great difficulty, may substitute feeding one poor person for each day of breaking the fast. If one volunteers (more righteous works), it is better. But fasting is the best for you, if you only knew.

[2:185] ..... Those who are ill or traveling may substitute the same number of other days. GOD wishes for you convenience, not hardship, that you may fulfill your obligations, and to glorify GOD for guiding you, and to express your appreciation.

Edited by MrsAmera

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Timeline
Do we really need like some actual concrete evidence on this? I mean it just makes no sense to me. Alllah does not want to harm us, fasting is supposed to give you a closer connection to Allah but if you're suffering through it physically then what is the point? What does your doctor say polarbear? I would go with their advice.

ETA: Straight from the Qu'ran

[2:184] Specific days (are designated for fasting); if one is ill or traveling, an equal number of other days may be substituted. Those who can fast, but with great difficulty, may substitute feeding one poor person for each day of breaking the fast. If one volunteers (more righteous works), it is better. But fasting is the best for you, if you only knew.

[2:185] ..... Those who are ill or traveling may substitute the same number of other days. GOD wishes for you convenience, not hardship, that you may fulfill your obligations, and to glorify GOD for guiding you, and to express your appreciation.

It's newly diagnosed and with some complications. They're still working on a treatment plan and I have another apointment Friday and will have the results of some tests. I will ask then.

We'll see what the doctor says, but for now I'll just plan on fasting and stop for a few days if I am not feeling well. Normally during Ramadan I feed the homeless downtown with a group every Friday anyway, so maby that will count as feeding a poor person :star:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.