doodlebugg

ramadan and hajj stuffs

147 posts in this topic

if nothing else happens that is outside the regular stuff...i should be very close to debt free by this time next year enshallah...then we will start discussing a hajj trip enshallah.....

ramadan is only 8 weeks away..maaaaaaaaaaaaaan ...i am not ready at alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll...

That's awesome Amal!!!! Does that mean your mortgage will be paid off or will you be renting?

I have no idea what my financial status will be by the time we save up enough $$$. I have seen prices as cheap as $3,500 PP just from searching the net but I have certain stipulations:

1) I'm not sharing a room with strangers (some packages are cheap because you have to fill a quad room and if there are only two of you then that means you're sharing with two strangers.)

2) I want to be in one of the newer and all too important air-conditioned tents in Medina.

Other than that I'm cool with whatever, you know? I mean I don't need first class air or anything like that but the bus ride from the airport better not be one of those non airconditioned crammed up busses that you see people hanging on to the sides of while they're driving. :blink:

I actually just got done selling my house in MIssouri and the only actual "loan" I have left is my car , which should be completely paid off in march of next year. (woo for only 8 months left to go)

The only remaining debt will be the credit cards. (those stupid evil pieces of plastic!!!)

I'm hoping to be able to make double payments from here on out and get them all paid off...only like 8000 dollars over 4 or 5 cards...yuck yuck yuck

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I just found out that you have to pay 2.5% of your savings in zakat after the first year of saving for Hajj. Seems like that's double dipping doesn't it? I'd think that the Hajj savings would be non-zakatable.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I just found out that you have to pay 2.5% of your savings in zakat after the first year of saving for Hajj. Seems like that's double dipping doesn't it? I'd think that the Hajj savings would be non-zakatable.

:lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

a Hajj CD would really be clever, although considering muslims dont accept earning interest, i doubt that would ever work...

Sofyan went to saudia for Hajj when he was 14...back then he was very religious...i dont know what happened...I hope he is a good example this Ramadan and fasts, now that we have a son, there is others to think about...

8 weeks til Ramadan? that cant be right?? people will be fasting til 8pm...

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
I love the Hajj CD idea.... but I am saving to see my husband the last week in September insha'allah.

Saving to see your husband is very important...you can make the Hajj in the future when you are together living under the same roof. Although, I must say it is scary to think what the price of flights and packages will be in the next few years with gas skyrocketing. Already the trips back to my husband's country have doubled in the past year. :o

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I love the Hajj CD idea.... but I am saving to see my husband the last week in September insha'allah.

Saving to see your husband is very important...you can make the Hajj in the future when you are together living under the same roof. Although, I must say it is scary to think what the price of flights and packages will be in the next few years with gas skyrocketing. Already the trips back to my husband's country have doubled in the past year. :o

There are 3 weddings in my husbands immediate family, in Pakistan, in the next year. Scary. I kind of wish they were together, because we will attend all of them. I am dreading the airfare.

"Tolerance implies no lack of commitment to one's own beliefs. Rather it condemns the oppression or persecution of others.

~John Fitzgerald Kennedy~

“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there."

~Jalal ad-Din Rumi~

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

There are 3 weddings in my husbands immediate family, in Pakistan, in the next year. Scary. I kind of wish they were together, because we will attend all of them. I am dreading the airfare.

Wow, that is going to be expensive. I hope things go okay for you.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Timeline

Oh my Lord - 3 weddings to Pakistan is tremendous - I can't even begin to imagine the expense and then the idea of flying across the world and back three times is enough to give me heartburn. To go to Argentina is about 14 hours...I've heard that India is a whole day with all the connecting flights, so I assume that Pakistan is right up there on travel time.

Lately, we have been so sad because we want to go to Argentina, or more especially, we want to bring my mother in law and father in law here. We just keep praying that we'll be able to afford the airfare to bring them here - but as of right now that looks like it will be about $3000 or more. It makes us sick that last year it was like $700. We don't know when we'll be in the condition to make this happen. I pray that God will provide the opportunity for us to see each other again. Si Dios Quiere - the Spanish version of Insha'Allah.

Edited by Staashi

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Oh my Lord - 3 weddings to Pakistan is tremendous - I can't even begin to imagine the expense and then the idea of flying across the world and back three times is enough to give me heartburn. To go to Argentina is about 14 hours...I've heard that India is a whole day with all the connecting flights, so I assume that Pakistan is right up there on travel time.

Lately, we have been so sad because we want to go to Argentina, or more especially, we want to bring my mother in law and father in law here. We just keep praying that we'll be able to afford the airfare to bring them here - but as of right now that looks like it will be about $3000 or more. It makes us sick that last year it was like $700. We don't know when we'll be in the condition to make this happen. I pray that God will provide the opportunity for us to see each other again. Si Dios Quiere - the Spanish version of Insha'Allah.

Yeah, I am really thinking that the expense may be too great for the 3 of us to go all 3 times, we shall see. God willing. I pray that you get to see your family soon Stashi. I know what is like to be away from your family.

"Tolerance implies no lack of commitment to one's own beliefs. Rather it condemns the oppression or persecution of others.

~John Fitzgerald Kennedy~

“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there."

~Jalal ad-Din Rumi~

Timeline
Yeah, I am really thinking that the expense may be too great for the 3 of us to go all 3 times, we shall see. God willing. I pray that you get to see your family soon Stashi. I know what is like to be away from your family.

They're my husband's family, but I adore them tremendously and absolutely cannot wait to see them.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
If I'm reading things right........Ramadan is approx 8 weeks away. Just thought I'd put that here so that if any of you are like me, queen of procrastination, then it's time to start making up any missed fasts. I think I'll do one day a week starting this week.

Also, just curious, is anyone here currently saving to go to Hajj? I had this discussion with my husband about how we've started a savings account for a trip to Egypt inshallah next April but I said to him that I would feel guilty saving for any trips whether they be to see family or to just site see, if we don't at least attempt to save for Hajj.

Just wondering if anyone else is doing something similar. Be kinda cool if there was like a Hajj cd or something that banks offered.

Non-muslims can't go to hajj, right?

If you love me, then I have everything I need

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
If I'm reading things right........Ramadan is approx 8 weeks away. Just thought I'd put that here so that if any of you are like me, queen of procrastination, then it's time to start making up any missed fasts. I think I'll do one day a week starting this week.

Also, just curious, is anyone here currently saving to go to Hajj? I had this discussion with my husband about how we've started a savings account for a trip to Egypt inshallah next April but I said to him that I would feel guilty saving for any trips whether they be to see family or to just site see, if we don't at least attempt to save for Hajj.

Just wondering if anyone else is doing something similar. Be kinda cool if there was like a Hajj cd or something that banks offered.

That is correct. In fact, Americans (maybe others too I don't know) have to bring a special paper from the mosque stating that they really are muslims. Saudi requires it for them to get a hajj visa. They don't play around about that rule.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Timeline

That is correct. In fact, Americans (maybe others too I don't know) have to bring a special paper from the mosque stating that they really are muslims. Saudi requires it for them to get a hajj visa. They don't play around about that rule.

I think that is only fair...with the unbelievable amount of people making their pilgrimage and how crowded it is, I would want it to be only muslims. Also too, for something so holy I would want only muslims there. I'm catholic, and there are very sacred moments in the Church, where I would want only Catholics there - who are a. practicing and b. devout. Only makes sense.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.