00TAO2

Notice to Re-sign all your documents AFTER N-400 interview?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello all,

My wife had her N-400 interview last month out of the Miami office. Everything went fine except they said her second set of finger prints were unusable (we weren't notified of this before-hand). We quickly went and got a background check completed for our jurisdiction and brought it back the same day. The interviewing officer said everything looked great and the only thing left would be the Oath Ceremony. Then we got a letter that states the following:

-----------------

Examination of your application (N400) shows that additional formation (yes, it says 'formation'), documents or forms are needed before your application can be acted upon. Please RETURN WITH THIS LETTER, REQUESTED INFORMATION and/or DOCUMENTS on:

<Date, time, & location>

Failure to do so may result in the delay or denial of your application.

X - Reason: To re-sign all your documents or to request name change documentation.

Please bring this letter and your alien resident card

-----------------

Anyone have idea what happened or anything else we should bring? I don't think it is related to a 'name change' as her Green Card uses her married name. She signed many documents in the interview, including the original N400 application. Perhaps the officer forgot to have her sign something?

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to follow-up on what happened. We both went to the Miami field office and were both allowed into the agent's office. They had my wife fill out a single page background authorization form. What? Why did we have to get a background check from the Sheriff's Office ourselves then? Oh well, we weren't going to argue. She just filled out the form and we just sucked up the $10 in parking, gas, and time off of work.

So today, we get another NOA that says something to the effect of "Your fingerprint card on file with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has expired. Blah, blah, blah, come get your fingerprints re-taken". Okay, now we're really getting frustrated here. Let me give you a better idea of the events

- 01/09/2008, USCIS receives our N-400 application. It forces the stuck I-751 which was waiting for over a year. The GC gets sent out the same day. This is really good because traveling with that stupid "extension" letter isn't easy. They tried to keep it in a foreign country we were visiting.

- Date unknown, NOA1 for fingerprints. My wife goes to the appointment as scheduled.

- Date unknown, NOA2 for fingerprints. First set unreadable. My wife goes to the 2nd appointment as scheduled. They tell my wife not to worry, they never ask for fingerprints for a third time.

- 06/13/2008, N-400 Interview. We go as scheduled. The agent says my wife's second set of fingerprints were unreadable. We had to rush out and get a background check from our Sheriff's office. Rush back to immigration. We were told everything looks good, case closed, look forward to a letter about the Oath Ceremony. Awesome!

- 07/11/2008, See original post for reason. Back to the field office. Filled out form. We were told everything looks good, case closed, look forward a letter about the Oath Ceremony. Awesome!

- 07/21/2008, NOA3 for Expired fingerprints. Okay, now we're back to square one.

Is there any way to break out of this ridiculous fingerprint loop? :angry:

I wanted to follow-up on what happened. We both went to the Miami field office and were both allowed into the agent's office. They had my wife fill out a single page background authorization form. What? Why did we have to get a background check from the Sheriff's Office ourselves then? Oh well, we weren't going to argue. She just filled out the form and we just sucked up the $10 in parking, gas, and time off of work.

So today, we get another NOA that says something to the effect of "Your fingerprint card on file with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has expired. Blah, blah, blah, come get your fingerprints re-taken". Okay, now we're really getting frustrated here. Let me give you a better idea of the events

- 01/09/2008, USCIS receives our N-400 application. It forces the stuck I-751 which was waiting for over a year. The GC gets sent out the same day. This is really good because traveling with that stupid "extension" letter isn't easy. They tried to keep it in a foreign country we were visiting.

- Date unknown, NOA1 for fingerprints. My wife goes to the appointment as scheduled.

- Date unknown, NOA2 for fingerprints. First set unreadable. My wife goes to the 2nd appointment as scheduled. They tell my wife not to worry, they never ask for fingerprints for a third time.

- 06/13/2008, N-400 Interview. We go as scheduled. The agent says my wife's second set of fingerprints were unreadable. We had to rush out and get a background check from our Sheriff's office. Rush back to immigration. We were told everything looks good, case closed, look forward to a letter about the Oath Ceremony. Awesome!

- 07/11/2008, See original post for reason. Back to the field office. Filled out form. We were told everything looks good, case closed, look forward a letter about the Oath Ceremony. Awesome!

- 07/21/2008, NOA3 for Expired fingerprints. Okay, now we're back to square one.

Is there any way to break out of this ridiculous fingerprint loop? :angry:

That sucks! I can only suggest that you get the fingerprints done, and contact your senator/congressman as they might be able to help. Good luck!

Removing Conditioins

02/25/08 Mailed I751

03/05/08 Check cashed by Californice Service Center not Nebraska!

03/07/08 Got NOA1 Dated 02/27/08

03/15/08 Biometrics Letter rec'd

03/31/08 Biometrics Done

06/03/08 Got Approval Email

06/10/08 Gr. Card Received!

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and nothing I say should be taken as legal advice, only an opinion.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.