mawelvan

Casa Interview

57 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Man, that sucks. I wonder what bug got up their butt that day?

If you need a little pick me up, might I suggest browsing through Cute Overload? It won't solve your problems, but it might give you a little smile (F)

Thank you all,

I'm not going to worry about it, no matter what all that's important is that we are together plus I always did like to travel :) And really if I can fight it I will, if not well maybe their is a reason. When I accepted his proposal I knew that this was always a possiblity, thank goodness his mother loves me :D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I'm sorry that happened to you two. It sounds like he never had a chance this day. I hope you can get to the bottom of this before the case gets back here(if thats even what is happening). You have the right attitude, though. It will be ok

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm so sorry to hear that this happened to you. I understand, this is what happened to us as well, and we have been dealing with it for almost 6 months. It hasn't changed anything between my husband and me, we are still madly in love and not giving up!

Just curious....did they question much about his brothers that are in the states? This consulate has strange ideas, and I can't help but wonder if they think that there is some sort of visa ring going on. I wouldn't put it past them! I have heard of a few cases where they seem more suspicious when family members are already here. Really...these people are heartless!

I wish you luck finding out why they sent it back, it took me 5 months to find out that ours was sent back, the senators office was able to get it out of them. It was sent back because of something said in the interview. From this I pretty much know what it is, but it is so easily solved if they would just pick up the dayum file! Anyway, talk with your husband, try to think like someone searching for some sort of conspiracy. Maybe this will give you clues.

But the first step is to get either your senator or congressman involved! They are the only ones with even the smallest of influence over these people. Don't give up! I think that is their goal, to wear people down so much they give up. I strongly suspect that the ones that do give up actually had a valid marriage, but the stress of this situation would cause even some of the strongest couples to waiver. I hope some day they will face Allah with these transgressions. Breaking up a marriage to me is pretty serious business!

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I'm so sorry to hear that this happened to you. I understand, this is what happened to us as well, and we have been dealing with it for almost 6 months. It hasn't changed anything between my husband and me, we are still madly in love and not giving up!

Just curious....did they question much about his brothers that are in the states? This consulate has strange ideas, and I can't help but wonder if they think that there is some sort of visa ring going on. I wouldn't put it past them! I have heard of a few cases where they seem more suspicious when family members are already here. Really...these people are heartless!

I wish you luck finding out why they sent it back, it took me 5 months to find out that ours was sent back, the senators office was able to get it out of them. It was sent back because of something said in the interview. From this I pretty much know what it is, but it is so easily solved if they would just pick up the dayum file! Anyway, talk with your husband, try to think like someone searching for some sort of conspiracy. Maybe this will give you clues.

But the first step is to get either your senator or congressman involved! They are the only ones with even the smallest of influence over these people. Don't give up! I think that is their goal, to wear people down so much they give up. I strongly suspect that the ones that do give up actually had a valid marriage, but the stress of this situation would cause even some of the strongest couples to waiver. I hope some day they will face Allah with these transgressions. Breaking up a marriage to me is pretty serious business!

Actually his brothers have been here for years and came over on diversity visas and the like (not marriage), and I actually met him through one of his brothers whom I went to school with. Furthermore what's odd is they didn't give him any papers or anything, just stamped the back of his passport. When I talked to him last night all he wanted was to hear the sound of my voice, he hadn't eaten or slept in days, and was so sad. So if this isn't cleared up quickly I am just going to go and move there. He is faxing up a copy of the stamp to our lawyer, but we aren't going to spend another 6 months apart. When I told him that it was alright and that we are still getting married, and that I would just come there, he felt so much better, I think he finally slept last night. It isn't that difficult for me to leave I have a couple of thousand in checking and no leases or anything holding me here, and his family has a couple of houses, he has a decent job, and a fair amount in savings.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

This woman co....has anyone gotten a visa out of her without a fight? Are cases there supposed to be distributed randomly to the co's to hear or is there something all of her cases has in common? thats really just horrible that she can deny everyone in front of her without giving any of them a chance. It really sounds like the cases are decided before the interview and she gets the rejected ones and the "nicer" co's get the cases that are already approved. Thats just horrible. I'm sorry this is happening to you.

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Filed: Timeline
It really sounds like the cases are decided before the interview and she gets the rejected ones and the "nicer" co's get the cases that are already approved. Thats just horrible. I'm sorry this is happening to you.
I was wondering how they decided which CO got what cases at the various consulates. I think they must go through them in advance . . . so maybe your idea about the "mean" CO getting the denials and the "nice" ones getting approvals doesn't sound all that off based. It would be nice if we all had some better idea about the procedures followed at the various locations.

Catherine

Still wondering what is up in Cairo . . . but it is at DOS in DC, so Cairo doesn't know!!

:( I'm sorry they seem to be in such a lousy mood over there recently. I'm glad to hear you are able to go there to spend time with your fiance, it will make the pain of straightening all this out much less severe.

Please keep us posted, we're all rooting for you.

Sharon

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Well this is a bit of update, they didn't give Ali a 221g all they did was stamp refused on the back of his passport. Our lawyer is in the process of contacting people to find out why he was refused.

Just stamped refused? Hmmmm....I haven't heard that one before, so I am lost. Anyone else have that one? If it was refused, aren't they suppose to tell you why? That lady is really heartless! I am so sorry....I hope the best for you! You know, Morocco is beautiful, and my husband and I do plan on returning to live there after awhile. Just to be with your sweetheart again....that is the greatest gift...enjoy.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Timeline

I love your attitude. We had also decided in advance that if we were denied I would go there, and sometimes I wonder if that might have been better when the house keeps falling apart and we stay so stressed out.

One thing I loved over there was the slower paced lifestyle. Getting to live overseas is an opportunity to treasure, so I agree, if you get to go, enjoy the opportunity and savor every moment of living in another country.

Your French and Arabic will be better than most of ours in no time I'm sure!

Filed: Other Timeline

i want to tell you that what i found out about morocco is that it takes 6 months to establish residency there, also, i heard from another girl that after her moving there, she had to leave after 3 months, and they told her at the province, that she needed to contact the moroccan embassy here in the usa to ask for residency before she went there to live. just a thought, jean

I am so very sorry to read of your news. It is very hard to find words to express how I feel reading your news. I do hope you find out answers quickly and can resolve the problem before you move so YOU can decide where you want to live and to get on with your life. My prayers are with you.

Doreen

Oh, I am sorry if I have given that impression.... I haven't slept in 2 days and my writing is not at it's best. Basically if we can catch it and successfully fight it before it leaves the consulate, ok, if not I will move there, we have 15 days after my arrival to file for a residency permit which you recieve in a matter of weeks, and then filing directly through the consulate generally takes 1-3 months, much quicker than waiting for the US to touch are case. I am not worried really though, I have someone who loves me with all his heart, huge families on both sides of the Atlantic that love me, and that just want our happiness. He has a good job, makes good money, and even coming back it isn't horribly difficult to find decent jobs around here.

What is difficult for me is being away from my family for so long, and having to tell them (if it comes to that). But really he gives me so much joy and laughter in my life that it's ok. Life is what you make it, and everything happens for a reason, and I have been so fortunate in my life so far.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I think it's great that you are willing to move to another country to be with the man you love. I see another member, Kelly is living in Jordan with her husband and based on what I've read from her, it has been a very positive experience. Moving to Egypt wasn't an option for me, but after reading about Kelly, I have allowed my mind to wonder into the what if. Hopefully, the Embassy will issue the visa and he came come to the USA, but it's good that you are so determined to be together.

I wish you all the best.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well this is a bit of update, they didn't give Ali a 221g all they did was stamp refused on the back of his passport. Our lawyer is in the process of contacting people to find out why he was refused.

Just stamped refused? Hmmmm....I haven't heard that one before, so I am lost. Anyone else have that one? If it was refused, aren't they suppose to tell you why? That lady is really heartless! I am so sorry....I hope the best for you! You know, Morocco is beautiful, and my husband and I do plan on returning to live there after awhile. Just to be with your sweetheart again....that is the greatest gift...enjoy.

I think HEARTLESS must be this womens middle name!

i want to tell you that what i found out about morocco is that it takes 6 months to establish residency there, also, i heard from another girl that after her moving there, she had to leave after 3 months, and they told her at the province, that she needed to contact the moroccan embassy here in the usa to ask for residency before she went there to live. just a thought, jean

I am so very sorry to read of your news. It is very hard to find words to express how I feel reading your news. I do hope you find out answers quickly and can resolve the problem before you move so YOU can decide where you want to live and to get on with your life. My prayers are with you.

Thats probably so about the residency I was in Morocco two days short of three months. And when I got back in JFK I was really hassled drilled in questions and had my luggage all searched by three people. I was originally planning to go from May until middle of September (out of college for that long) and they said I would need a visa so I didnt apply I think you need a good reason to be there for so long and have to pay for the visa.

Thats probably so about the residency I was in Morocco two days short of three months. And when I got back in JFK I was really hassled drilled in questions and had my luggage all searched by three people. I was originally planning to go from May until middle of September (out of college for that long) and they said I would need a visa so I didnt apply I think you need a good reason to be there for so long and have to pay for the visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.