mawelvan

Casa Interview

57 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Just thought I'd update on Ali's interview on Monday, he and 4 other people were waiting for the K1 interview, in the course of 5 minutes all 5 had their interviews and were denied. Furthermore they refused to tell him the reason why it was denied. And really the interview was pretty much a joke (we got the woman). We had used a lawyer to file, no problems at any time, and we have no paticular things that I can think of that would be cause for alarm. I am 3 years younger (28 and 31) we both have good jobs, no police records, plenty of evidence and everything has been filed and done correctly. I am waiting to hear back from our lawyer this morning, however if it looks like we are going to spend a lot longer on this, I am just going to move to Casa and after we marry live there and see about filing directly with the consulate later on. We had discussed this possiblity previously, and he was really only moving here b/c of me, although he does have 2 brothers who live here, which would make it a little easier for him. Talking to one of his brothers last night he mentioned that this is what Casa does a lot of times "some days that hand out visas like candy, and other days nothing"

Basically I should know what I am doing by the end of the day, but I haven't slept in two days now, and really just need to know what to do.

Does anyone know anything about filing directly with the consulate while living in Casa?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im very sorry to hear of your misfortune...are u sure there is something your not forgetting that could be a possible reason for denial? Did he recieve a 221? i am not sure about DCF thru Morocco, but maybe this isnt a flat out denial, you may be able to fight it. dont give up until u have tried...maybe the lawyer will bring u some uplifting news...best of luck

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am so sorry to hear of your possible denial. Did he get the 221g for more evidence or another type of form? Kiya is very sweet and had denial on her K1 as well going thru Casa. Please search the forums and find her thread. It has advice on how to appeal the decision if it is flat out denial. Will remember you in my thoughts and prayers.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline
Im very sorry to hear of your misfortune...are u sure there is something your not forgetting that could be a possible reason for denial? Did he recieve a 221? i am not sure about DCF thru Morocco, but maybe this isnt a flat out denial, you may be able to fight it. dont give up until u have tried...maybe the lawyer will bring u some uplifting news...best of luck

Yeah, their isn't anything that I can think of, and our attorney had said everything was fine, in fact I sent a little more than was asked for in the department of financial support. Plus, all of the people applying were denied that day, basically without any real interview given. Something was mentioned about it going back to the states, so perhaps they are sending it back, I just don't know at this point. The consulate isn't the most forthcoming. I was just on the website for the consulate and it's actually pretty easy and quick to do the visa from there. Basically as long as your a resident it is much quicker than going through the US. And if you are a woman marrying a moroccan you can basically get residency pretty easily. Right now I am just waiting to hear back. But neither of us want to spend another 6 months apart, and every time I talk to his family they asking me when I am coming back, and want me to stay longer when I am there, so at least it's nice to be loved.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am so very sorry to read of your news. It is very hard to find words to express how I feel reading your news. I do hope you find out answers quickly and can resolve the problem before you move so YOU can decide where you want to live and to get on with your life. My prayers are with you.

Doreen

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SupportingMoroccanLove/

6/14/03 Met Online

9/30/2003 He was denied a Tourist Visa

1/7/2004 Sent 1-129F-tried to prove hardship; many reasons

8/8/2004 Petition denied

After 214 Days of waiting

10/11/2004 Returned from Morocco even more in love.

11/15/2004 Mailed I-129F off to Nebraska

2/11/05 APPROVAL

2/14/05 EMAIL, OUR PETITION HAS BEEN APPROVED

86 Days what an awesome feeling

2/25/05 Email received from nvc, given case number

3/21/05 Email from consulate

b]INTERVIEW DATE 5/10/05[/b]

3/31/05 Fiance finally receives his packet from the consulate

4/12/05 He had medical exam

5/10/05 INTERVIEW WAS A SUCCESS

5/18/05 VISA IN HAND

Took 214 Days for a denial, but IN 205 days He will be HOME

6/10/05 Abdou arrives in America, what a happy day!

6/13/05 Applied for SSN

6/23/05 6 p.m. We were MARRIED; honeymoon in Gatlinburg

8/13/05 AOS and EAD paperwork mailed

8/25/05 NOAs in the mail!!! Yea!

11/25/05 - BIOMETRIC DATE

01/26/06 - AOS SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW AND HE GETS HIS FIRST JOB AT FIRST JOB INTERVIEW

02/13/06 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED

4/22/06 - Driver's License!!

11/05/2007 Filed to Lift conditions[/color]

11/07/07 - NOA1 received

12/21/07 - Biometrics completed

04/08/08 - 10 YEAR CARD APPROVED

04/14/08 - CARD IN HAND !!!!!

11/3/08 - Filed for Citizenship

11/29/08 - Biometric Appointment

02/03/09 - Citizenship Interview, HE PASSED

Timeline
I am so very sorry to read of your news. It is very hard to find words to express how I feel reading your news. I do hope you find out answers quickly and can resolve the problem before you move so YOU can decide where you want to live and to get on with your life. My prayers are with you.

Doreen

Oh, I am sorry if I have given that impression.... I haven't slept in 2 days and my writing is not at it's best. Basically if we can catch it and successfully fight it before it leaves the consulate, ok, if not I will move there, we have 15 days after my arrival to file for a residency permit which you recieve in a matter of weeks, and then filing directly through the consulate generally takes 1-3 months, much quicker than waiting for the US to touch are case. I am not worried really though, I have someone who loves me with all his heart, huge families on both sides of the Atlantic that love me, and that just want our happiness. He has a good job, makes good money, and even coming back it isn't horribly difficult to find decent jobs around here.

What is difficult for me is being away from my family for so long, and having to tell them (if it comes to that). But really he gives me so much joy and laughter in my life that it's ok. Life is what you make it, and everything happens for a reason, and I have been so fortunate in my life so far.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck in your decision as to what you will do. You have a very positive attitude, so I am sure that whatever happens, everything will work out for you both.

Good luck.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sorry to hear about this. There are few pleasant words to describe the consulate in Casablanca. You are fortunate that you have the option financially of moving there and doing DCF. Best of luck!

Sorry to hear about what happened. You should contact Kiya, as other's have suggested, because she really has researched what the protocol is once your petition is returned. It is not the end but the process can be long. You should contact your senator(s) immediately and have them inquire at the consulate the reason your petition is being returned - they are supposed to give a reason. Are you in Texas? Kiya is from Texas and maybe if your reps see that this is happening to multiple constituents, it will really get them motivated. I have heard that DCF in Morocco requires 6 months of residency.

It sounds like things have gotten much tougher at Casa and it makes me hold on to my hubby a little tighter and appreciate all the more that he is here with me. I hope all of you with the returned cases can will have your loved ones with you in the near future.

Rebecca

Timeline
Just thought I'd update on Ali's interview on Monday, he and 4 other people were waiting for the K1 interview, in the course of 5 minutes all 5 had their interviews and were denied. Furthermore they refused to tell him the reason why it was denied. And really the interview was pretty much a joke (we got the woman). We had used a lawyer to file, no problems at any time, and we have no paticular things that I can think of that would be cause for alarm. I am 3 years younger (28 and 31) we both have good jobs, no police records, plenty of evidence and everything has been filed and done correctly. I am waiting to hear back from our lawyer this morning, however if it looks like we are going to spend a lot longer on this, I am just going to move to Casa and after we marry live there and see about filing directly with the consulate later on. We had discussed this possiblity previously, and he was really only moving here b/c of me, although he does have 2 brothers who live here, which would make it a little easier for him. Talking to one of his brothers last night he mentioned that this is what Casa does a lot of times "some days that hand out visas like candy, and other days nothing"

Basically I should know what I am doing by the end of the day, but I haven't slept in two days now, and really just need to know what to do.

Does anyone know anything about filing directly with the consulate while living in Casa?

I am so sorry to hear this. I am really sick and tired of this consulate...really sick. Please, I have information which could help you move in the right direction, but you need yo move quickly...I am sending you a PM right now.

~Kiya

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Sorry to hear about your denial and good luck on your what ever you decide. You moving there an filling through there will be more proof for them that this is a valid relationship. I know how you feel right now. I just faced a denial a couple of weeks ago. Now we are in the process of filling waivers and this process can take another year. Stick with it. Look at the move as a long Vacation. Good Luck.

Timeline

Also...it is extremely important for you to know that if you nullify the K1 by getting married and attempting DCF...whatever the evidence is on this petition will be used for the next petition filed. Without knowing what this question or evidence is, you could really be making a bad move in regards to getting your fiance/husband any type of visa to conme to the United States.

I sent you a PM...please contact me, I can really help.

~Kiya

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Timeline
Also...it is extremely important for you to know that if you nullify the K1 by getting married and attempting DCF...whatever the evidence is on this petition will be used for the next petition filed. Without knowing what this question or evidence is, you could really be making a bad move in regards to getting your fiance/husband any type of visa to conme to the United States.

I sent you a PM...please contact me, I can really help.

~Kiya

Hey just got back from lunch, I hadn't eaten since Sunday so I figured it was a good idea. I have spoken to our lawyer this morning, and Ali is faxing over the copy of his passport to the lawyer right now, all they did is stamp the back. They didn't give him any papers or tell him why he was denied, and I don't know what it says just yet. So before we do anything we are going to examine our options, personally I believe it wasn't so much a question of evidence rather just a lack of interview. You can't conduct 5 seperate interviews in 5 minutes, deny every single one, and then allege that each of these people had a thorough interview. The lawyer was flabbergasted when I told her what happened. And truthfully I know enough about the law and level of professionalism required of bar members around here to know whether it was an error on our part or with the consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Man, that sucks. I wonder what bug got up their butt that day?

If you need a little pick me up, might I suggest browsing through Cute Overload? It won't solve your problems, but it might give you a little smile (F)

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Wanted to say yup i am still around ashraf's papers are now on there way to amman.But as i hear this will take just as long as it did here to finnish.So that means we are only half done.I will be going to jordan to see him again at the end of march.It's been 6 months since we were last together.I am just hoping all will go well with the embassy as all did with the uscis and the nvc.Wishing all good luck in the journy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.