82 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

Damn people, 5 years I spent studying French were like 9 years ago and I don't remember anything anymore. :(

If you're not gonna hold this discussion in English, could you please switch to Italian or German, it will be easier for me to follow it :(

Also ... anyone remembers a lovely saying DNFTT? ^.^

flying.gif 2006 - met online  | 2008 - met IRL  | 2011 - engagement  | 2012 - wedding | 2013 - IR-1 | 2014 - child | 2015 - POE | 2018 - N-400  |  2019 - USC 

Check my About me for the full IR-1 or N-400 timeline.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Damn people, 5 years I spent studying French were like 9 years ago and I don't remember anything anymore. :(

If you're not gonna hold this discussion in English, could you please switch to Italian or German, it will be easier for me to follow it :(

There are a few Hoboken critters on here, as of late. And don't feel bad, I took French for 3 years...and all I remember is Je m'appelle Courtney...lol.

"Tolerance implies no lack of commitment to one's own beliefs. Rather it condemns the oppression or persecution of others.

~John Fitzgerald Kennedy~

“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there."

~Jalal ad-Din Rumi~

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Sorry I can't do it in German or Italian... And I studied Spanish for 5 years and almost don't remember anything. so don't feel bad, we're all in the same boat. :P

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

I feel so sorry for your wife...

It's not so much the miles we have travelled as the journey we have taken.

Hummingbird Hearts: An online community for transplanted ladies who have left their countries to join their partners or significant others with whom they have been in a long distance relationship.

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

I know what you are going through babushka it can be very frusterating to find a sponsor I am in college also and I obviously don't have much of an income and my family is pretty big and my parents don't make a lot. If I could help you out I would really try to do the impossible because it could end up making things more difficult if you leave and try to come back. You are fortunate enough to have your wife with you right now and that is what is important do not endanger that priveledge. And most important if you really love her don't let anyone put you down!!! Just make sure to think everything through and make choices that would benefit not only you and your wife but also the baby that she is expecting! Best of luck!

Evelyn

post-51216-1215828874_thumb.jpg

Abscense is to love as wind is to Fire

It extinguishes the small

and kindles the great

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
If his visa expires in 2011, that is 3 years. Many things can change in 3 years, the wife could have a job by then, and be able to do the affidavit herself. Can't they wait a few years until their economic situation is better and then adjust? they have until the expiration of his visa to do so, right?

(I'm thinking out loud, corrections/ additional advice appreciated)

I'm no expert (far from it) but from what I understand he could do that if he stays in the US. If he leaves and wants to come back on a student visa, he'll have problems.

That is correct because unless any future US entry will be with intent to immigrate. Your freedom to enter and re-enter goes away once you marry a US Citizen. You are then deemed to have immigrant intent (because you do) and that's not allowed when entering with a student visa.

The OP already understands that. It's why he started the thread and feels like he's being jailed inside the borders of the US until he completes AOS and has a green card.

maybe you missed this post...good luck whatever you decide. Maybe your wife could move with you to France.

Saludos,

Caro

Edited by JVKn'CVO

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
If his visa expires in 2011, that is 3 years. Many things can change in 3 years, the wife could have a job by then, and be able to do the affidavit herself. Can't they wait a few years until their economic situation is better and then adjust? they have until the expiration of his visa to do so, right?

I'm no expert (far from it) but from what I understand he could do that if he stays in the US. If he leaves and wants to come back on a student visa, he'll have problems.

That is correct because unless any future US entry will be with intent to immigrate. Your freedom to enter and re-enter goes away once you marry a US Citizen. You are then deemed to have immigrant intent (because you do) and that's not allowed when entering with a student visa.

The OP already understands that. It's why he started the thread and feels like he's being jailed inside the borders of the US until he completes AOS and has a green card.

maybe you missed this post...good luck whatever you decide. Maybe your wife could move with you to France.

Saludos,

Caro

The information needed was in post number 8 of this thread. His mother in-law has income enough to sponsor him if she has no depandants.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
hahah, parles bien Francais !! pfff if can't speak French, shush then ! hhahahaha yall make me gag ! j'ai pas le temps pour ecouter des conneries, hehe je vous emmerde !!

I will not say Honey anymore, now it's BooBoo Cassie

You right ! I will go back to France ASAP booboo !!! it's not I do not like the USA but I want my right !! hehe get a life and don't be hatin ;)

mwahhhhh

Can I try to help you too without being bashed? And I am not going to lecture you.

Les gens ici essaient de t'aider. Depuis le départ. Certains l'ont dit de façon claire, l'autre l'ont dit un peu plus méchamment, mais ce n'est pas une raison pour s'emporter à la moindre phrase qui ne te plait pas.

En ce qui concerne ton problème, oui c'est une situation compliquée qu'il va falloir résoudre. Il y a deux possibilités:

- soit tu t'accroches à ta nouvelle famille (ta femme et ton bébé) et vous cherchez toutes les personnes possibles qui puissent vous fournir un Affidavit of Support. je crois que quelqu'un a dit que la mère de ta femme avait juste suffisamment les moyens de le faire, à condition qu'elle ne doive rattacher que toi, et pas ta femme et le futur bébé. Si tu es étudiant depuis plusieurs années tu as peut-être des 'amis' dans les professeurs (qui gagnent plus que les étudiants ^^) et qui seraient prêts à t'aider. Essaie toutes les possibilités. Plus vite vous trouverez, et plus vite tu pourras quitter le pays si tu as besoin de retourner dans ton pays d'origine. En attendant, oui ça va être dur pour toi d'être coincé aux USA, mais au moins tu peux t'occuper de ta nouvelle famille.

- soit tu repars dans ton pays d'origine (pas besoin de divorcer, le divorce n'apporterait que des problèmes) et retrouve la famille qui t'a élevé, auquel cas ta femme se retrouve seule pour élever son bébé pendant un an, voire plus, le temps que vous puissiez faire une demande de visa K3 / CR-1 (je ne suis pas experte dans ces visas mais tu peux trouver plein d'info sur ce site). C'est long, ça va prendre du temps et ça va vous coûter cher aussi, et ça sera dur pour toi, ta femme et ton enfant.

Si je dois te donner mon avis, accroche toi et essayez de trouver vite quelqu'un qui puisse fournir l'affidavit of support. Perso, je resterais aux USA (en espérant que rien de dramatique ne se passe chez mes parents), car si tu retournes dans ton pays d'origine, est-ce que d'ici quelques semaines tu ne vas pas être triste car tu ne peux plus voir ta femme et ton enfant ? Le problème serait le même, mais dans l'autre sens. Au moins si vous arrivez à commencer les démarches d'AOS, tu as une chance de pouvoir voir tes deux familles quand tu veux, plus vite que si vous ne faites aucune démarche d'immigration.

Et tu dis que tu veux que les gens respectent tes droits, mais en tant que potentiels immigrants / maris / fiancés de citoyens américains, on n'a aucun droit tant que les papiers sont en ordre. Oui, tu as une famille, une femme et un futur bébé, pour n'importe qui c'est une chose merveilleuse et personne au monde ne penserait que c'est une bonne chose d'être séparé, mais pour les gens de l'immigration, ils s'en fichent. Tu n'as pas le bon papier, tu ne rentres pas. On aimerait tous qu'ils soient un peu plus "humains", malheureusement ce n'est pas le cas.

Voilà, j'espère t'avoir aidé et que tout s'arrangera. Accrochez-vous !

C'est une excellente réponse, mais ne contient aucune information nouvelle.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
FOr real ! hahahhaha yall need to get a life !!!! LMAO , cuz you don't understand at all ! Yes I chose to come here...... but that's not the problem ! the problem comes from being stuck in the US and not being able to go back home or travel internationally with my family like we used to.

Babushka,

You can still do all this, but if what you want is to be allowed into the US again, and possibly become a permament resident, you have to know their requierments, and that is what we are trying to help you with.

You are now married to a US citizen. Even if you divorce, it is considered that (at least at one point) you had intentions to set permanent residence in America. This is ground to reject a new request from you for a student visa.

You would most likely be caught in an immigration tangle that would be time consuming, expensive and long to solve...if your intentions are to return to the US.

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***

Timeline

Saludos,

Caro

The information needed was in post number 8 of this thread. His mother in-law has income enough to sponsor him if she has no depandants.

And if she doesn't feel comfortable sponsoring him now, 3 years is a long time for her to change her mind :thumbs:

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***

Filed: Country: France
Timeline

Thanks thanks thanks thanks !! merci merci merci ! gracias gracias! :) Now people are understanding my situation I guess cuz there is no more drama.

Listen, I just do not want to be stressed anymore, scared to go Ontario or be frustrated finding someone to sponsor us, cuz everything seems to fail, I just feel bad cuz my family is in vacation right in Martinique and I was supposed to be there but I couldn't, and the bad part is that my parents don't know that we eloped! I don't have any support cuz I'm all alone here going to school, have a pregnant wife in my hand. I'm 21 and I've never been in a bad situation before, never done my bed, washed cloth, cooked cuz everthing was done for me when I was at home. To make the story short, my wife and I used to live together at the dorms, even though she told me that she was on birth control, even though we wearing protection I don't know how she got pregnant. I don't wanna judge her at all, maybe God wanted it like that, but I have a lot to carry.

Most of her family do not like foreigners, so she is always sad, because she thinks be being stuck here is her fault, and her being always depressed is bad for the baby. She even thought about suicide :( OMG I tried to hide my frustration about me not being able to visit my family or going study abroad but even with that she sees that I'm no fine, anyways

Thanks yall for the support :) I loved it

PS: Sorry for being sarcastic when people were being harsh and being harsh on me, it's just I'm LOST without any help around me since my wife can't do anything, her parents are xenophobic, and my parents do not know anything except my mother that knows about the baby.

Thanks again

Timeline
Thanks thanks thanks thanks !! merci merci merci ! gracias gracias! :) Now people are understanding my situation I guess cuz there is no more drama.

Listen, I just do not want to be stressed anymore, scared to go Ontario or be frustrated finding someone to sponsor us, cuz everything seems to fail, I just feel bad cuz my family is in vacation right in Martinique and I was supposed to be there but I couldn't, and the bad part is that my parents don't know that we eloped! I don't have any support cuz I'm all alone here going to school, have a pregnant wife in my hand. I'm 21 and I've never been in a bad situation before, never done my bed, washed cloth, cooked cuz everthing was done for me when I was at home. To make the story short, my wife and I used to live together at the dorms, even though she told me that she was on birth control, even though we wearing protection I don't know how she got pregnant. I don't wanna judge her at all, maybe God wanted it like that, but I have a lot to carry.

Most of her family do not like foreigners, so she is always sad, because she thinks be being stuck here is her fault, and her being always depressed is bad for the baby. She even thought about suicide :( OMG I tried to hide my frustration about me not being able to visit my family or going study abroad but even with that she sees that I'm no fine, anyways

PS: Sorry for being sarcastic when people were being harsh and being harsh on me, it's just I'm LOST without any help around me since my wife can't do anything, her parents are xenophobic, and my parents do not know anything except my mother that knows about the baby.

Thanks again

Welcome to the world of adult responsibility.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Thanks again

Good post. I think we all have some sympathy when you put it that way. It is true that some posters here can be harsh and critical in their comments and opinions. I am guilty of a little sarcasm myself from time to time. Also, if you get nasty people will gang up on you. Try to look past the nastiness at the good advice and information. I think there are some very smart people on VJ, with great experience to share. Good luck with your situation, and I hope that you are soon reunited with your relatives and everything works out.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.