82 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: France
Timeline

Hello peeps !!

My story is really sad: My wife and I got married in March, we both are student. She is 6 month pregnant also. Since we do not make good money being students, we tried our best to ask her family for the Afidative of Support i864. Her Aunty asked me to fly to her place, I paid 800 $ in flight tickets in May. Since then she giving all sort of stories, I have an f1 visa, and I can not leave the country, I love my wife but I can't hurt myself being blocked in here, not being able to go back home whenever something bad happens. After 4 months, she just siad that she didn't do her taxes this year... I don't know what to do anymore.

Her aunty really hurt me, I paid 800 for the flight ticket, paid almost 400 for medicals, 4 months of anxiety. I'm confused, I just wanna give on everything.

The 2 solutions I have is:

Either do a divorce: don't get me wrong, I love my wifey but I would like to be able to go home and be free again. By doing a divorce I will be able to go home and renew my Student Visa and come back.

Either Asking her mom for the Affidative of Support: She only made 19000 $ last year because she was disabled.

Please let me know what do you think please. Thank you

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello peeps !!

My story is really sad: My wife and I got married in March, we both are student. She is 6 month pregnant also. Since we do not make good money being students, we tried our best to ask her family for the Afidative of Support i864. Her Aunty asked me to fly to her place, I paid 800 $ in flight tickets in May. Since then she giving all sort of stories, I have an f1 visa, and I can not leave the country, I love my wife but I can't hurt myself being blocked in here, not being able to go back home whenever something bad happens. After 4 months, she just siad that she didn't do her taxes this year... I don't know what to do anymore.

Her aunty really hurt me, I paid 800 for the flight ticket, paid almost 400 for medicals, 4 months of anxiety. I'm confused, I just wanna give on everything.

Either do a divorce: don't get me wrong, I love my wifey but I would like to be able to go home and be free again. By doing a divorce I will be able to go home and renew my Student Visa and come back.

Either Asking her mom for the Affidative of Support: She only made 19000 $ last year because she was disabled.

Is there a friend you can ask or someone that's close to you? It doesn't have to be a family member. I think the divorce idea isn't a good option. It showed that at some point you had immigrant intent on your F1, they might not renew it.

Remember, even if your student visa expires you're still in valid/legal F1 status with an I-20 and as long as you take a full time course load.

Edited by Heliosphan

Removing Conditions

07/31/2010 - Filed for Removal of Conditions (I-751)

08/02/2010 - ROC Packet received

08/03/2010 - NOA notice date for I-751

08/05/2010 - Check cashed

08/07/2010 - NOA received for I-751

08/13/2010 - Biometrics appointment letter received

09/01/2010 - Biometrics taken

09/01/2010 - Case status appears online

11/08/2010 - Card production ordered

11/13/2010 - I-751 Approval Letter received

11/19/2010 - Green Card received in the mail

Citizenship

08/01/2011 - Filed for Citizenship (N-400)

08/03/2011 - N400 Packet received

08/05/2011 - Received email/text confirming application receipt

08/08/2011 - Check cashed

08/09/2011 - Biometrics notice sent

08/12/2011 - NOA received for N400

08/12/2011 - Biometrics appointment letter received

08/29/2011 - Biometrics taken

08/31/2011 - Case Status Notification: Placed in line for interview scheduling

10/11/2011 - Received yellow letter

01/11/2012 - Interview letter sent

01/17/2012 - Interview letter received

02/16/2012 - Interview & received Oath letter

03/06/2012 - Oath ceremony

Filed: Other Timeline
Hello peeps !!

What good would it do to return home to renew your student visa? Do you intend to be a student all your life?

At some point, if you wish to live in the US, you will have to adjust your status. This includes sponsorship by someone with the means to do so.

If you want to be 'free again' maybe you shouldn't have married at all.

Timeline
Hello peeps !!

Is there a friend you can ask or someone that's close to you? It doesn't have to be a family member. I think the divorce idea isn't a good option. It showed that at some point you had immigrant intent on your F1, they might not renew it.

Remember, even if your student visa expires you're still in valid/legal F1 status with an I-20 and as long as you take a full time course load.

I know the divorce is not good, we didn't know that I had to change my status to Green card. I do not have any immigration intent because I'm on status, and I'm taking full time course load every semester even during summer. Therefore I'm legal in the US til 2011 but I can not leave the country anytime, but I need to visit my family and I have the right to do so. I don't even know why I go myself into this, American women really fool people.

I could stay in the here and not doing any AOS and be fine til 2011 but no one know what can be happen back home, and being the first son, I will need to go...

We are 21 and we don't know anybody that makes money because all of our friend are college student like us, the only person that can do it now is her mother but like I said she made only 19000 $ and we don't think that she can do it.

:crying:

Timeline
Hello peeps !!

What good would it do to return home to renew your student visa? Do you intend to be a student all your life?

At some point, if you wish to live in the US, you will have to adjust your status. This includes sponsorship by someone with the means to do so.

Hey rebeccajo don't sit over there and judge me.How can you say that if wanted to be free that maybe I shouldn't get married at all. Like I said we got married cuz we love and we are having a boy in September.

If I go home, right now and try to renew my student visa, I would not get it at all, but if we do a divorce or an annulment I can go home renew my visa whenever I want and be fine.

No I will not be a student for all my life, I'm a junior right now. But why are you asking this question??

Hello peeps !!

Hey rebeccajo don't sit over there and judge me.How can you say that if wanted to be free that maybe I shouldn't get married at all. Like I said we got married cuz we love and we are having a boy in September.

If I go home, right now and try to renew my student visa, I would not get it at all, but if we do a divorce or an annulment I can go home renew my visa whenever I want and be fine.

No I will not be a student for all my life, I'm a junior right now. But why are you asking this question??

I'm asking because as I said, if you wish to live in the US, at some point you will have to adjust your status and this includes sponsorship. I don't see how going home divorced, refiling for a student visa, and returning to the US changes your situation at all. It only delays your predicament.

You are the one who said you wanted to be free. I only made my comments based upon your statement. Perhaps there is some miscommunication here due to your level of english skills. At any rate, I fail to see how divorcing changes your situation.

PS - I'm an American woman you can't fool.

Edited by rebeccajo

Timeline
Hello peeps !!

I'm asking because as I said, if you wish to live in the US, at some point you will have to adjust your status and this includes sponsorship. I don't see how going home divorced, refiling for a student visa, and returning to the US changes your situation at all. It only delays your predicament.

You are the one who said you wanted to be free. I only made my comments based upon your statement. Perhaps there is some miscommunication here due to your level of english skills. At any rate, I fail to see how divorcing changes your situation.

PS - I'm an American woman you can't fool.

Whatever ! you are an AMerican woman I can't fool?? My ### ! and sayign that my level of English is not good, I'm proud of that cuz I speak more language and you do, so chill out, and please don't respond to my thread cuz you don't know $hit.

Whatever !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Hello peeps !!

If the mom made 19,000 for the year that's enough for you. (2 people) Your wife is a US Citizen so she doesn't have to be a dependent for the mom. Have the mom fill out the form for you.

03/03/2008 Mailed AOS to Chicago Day 1

03/05/2008 AOS Received in Chicago I-485 & I-765 Day 3

03/10/2008 Notice Date I-485 & I-765 Day 8

03/28/2008 I-485 Transfer to California Service Center Email/Viewable Online Day 26

03/29/2008 Biometrics Appointment Day 27

04/04/2008 I-485 CSC Transfer Notification Email/NOA in Mail/Touch Day 33

05/08/2008 I-765 EAD Approval Notice Sent Day 67

05/10/2008 I-765 EAD Card In Hands Day 69

07/07/2008 I-485 Approved Day 127

07/14/2008 10 Year Green Card Received Day 134

05/25/2011 Mailed N-400 to Dallas, Texas Day 1

06/01/2011 Check Cashed Day 8

06/06/2011 NOA Received Dated 06/01 Day 13

06/09/2011 Biometrics Letter Received Day 16

06/30/2011 Biometrics Appointment 9:00 am Day 37

08/18/2011 Notice of Interview Sent Via Mail Day 86

09/26/2011 Interview Day 125 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!

10/17/2011 Oath Ceremony Complete!!!!!!!!!

Timeline
Hello peeps !!

If the mom made 19,000 for the year that's enough for you. (2 people) Your wife is a US Citizen so she doesn't have to be a dependent for the mom. Have the mom fill out the form for you.

Thank you, that's what I need not people judging me. Thanks again :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Hello peeps !!

Thank you, that's what I need not people judging me. Thanks again :thumbs:

Your welcome. Some people on this sight have no sensitivity.

03/03/2008 Mailed AOS to Chicago Day 1

03/05/2008 AOS Received in Chicago I-485 & I-765 Day 3

03/10/2008 Notice Date I-485 & I-765 Day 8

03/28/2008 I-485 Transfer to California Service Center Email/Viewable Online Day 26

03/29/2008 Biometrics Appointment Day 27

04/04/2008 I-485 CSC Transfer Notification Email/NOA in Mail/Touch Day 33

05/08/2008 I-765 EAD Approval Notice Sent Day 67

05/10/2008 I-765 EAD Card In Hands Day 69

07/07/2008 I-485 Approved Day 127

07/14/2008 10 Year Green Card Received Day 134

05/25/2011 Mailed N-400 to Dallas, Texas Day 1

06/01/2011 Check Cashed Day 8

06/06/2011 NOA Received Dated 06/01 Day 13

06/09/2011 Biometrics Letter Received Day 16

06/30/2011 Biometrics Appointment 9:00 am Day 37

08/18/2011 Notice of Interview Sent Via Mail Day 86

09/26/2011 Interview Day 125 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!

10/17/2011 Oath Ceremony Complete!!!!!!!!!

Actually, Rebecca Jo is right on and most certainly knows what she is talking about.

Going home and divorcing and coming back on a student visa is not the answer here, it's just delaying the inevitable.

Bottom line: If you want to stay in the U.S. you will have to adjust status and to do so, you will need someone to sponsor you, either your wife, her mother or someone else.

She must be making 125% over the poverty guidelines. Click here for the Guidelines of what needs to be made per year based on the number of people she will be supporting.

Best of luck to you.

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I don't understand why he can't travel if he's legal with a studant visa. :blink:

Divorce? If you really love her, don't do this. As said already it will just make things worse.

And... being upset with a bad situation is quite normal but saying something like "all American women fool people" is including your wife who you should LOVE. And more, by saying this it won't help at all.

Caroline (Brazil) and Phil (USA)

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

I don't understand why he can't travel if he's legal with a studant visa. :blink:

Divorce? If you really love her, don't do this. As said already it will just make things worse.

And... being upset with a bad situation is quite normal but saying something like "all American women fool people" is including your wife who you should LOVE. And more, by saying this it won't help at all.

Because when he re-enters the next time he knows he will likely be turned around if they question him about US family ties.

Edited by rebeccajo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.