5,491 posts in this topic

It's a miserable wet and windy Sunday here in Auckland. Just checking in, reading around a bit...looking for anything to cheer myself up.

We have continued to move down Igor's list, but still no sign of a touch. I see my timeline has crept back into the end of November/December 02 range again, so no really good news there. I think I must be one of those who don't ever see a sign of a touch *sigh*

I'm in good company though ...I'd hate to be doing this all by myself. If it weren't for VJ...why I'd be talking to myself ..more than usual :D

Isn't it just HORRIBLE outside today in Auckland. The strong winds finally knocked my tv aerial off the roof and it came crashing down hitting against bedroom window this morning. Scared the heck out of me. Fortunately, didn't smash the window, but i had to get a knife and cut the wire from the aerial as it was dangling in mid air LOL! :rolleyes:

Anyways, I was just wondering about marriage licence in USA. I read that you have to get a licence a month before you get married. Do you have to both be there in person to apply for it or can your USC fiance do it by himself? Or is it all done by mail? Do you have to show birth certificates etc the day you get married or when you apply for marriage licence? I realise it may differ for different states. I will be living in California. I'm just a bit confused about the process. I was hoping we could get married pretty much straight away but won't be able to, if you have to wait a month for the licence. :unsure:

ROC

06/01/2011 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

06/02/2011 - Package arrived and signed for at CSC

06/02/2011 - NOA receipt date

06/06/2011 - Check cashed

06/07/2011 - NOA arrived in the mail

06/15/2011 - Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail

07/11/2011 - Biometrics appointment

02/02/2012 - Phoned USCIS and put in a service request

02/08/2012 - Email from USCIS confirming my request

02/11/2012 - Letter from USCIS - says i should receive news within 30 days

03/14/2012 - Phoned USCIS again. 30 days has passed. no news. Took details again.

03/15/2012 -Received letter from USCIS - have to go to interview April 24th

04/24/2012 - Interview and ROC approved!!

05/07/2012 - Received email, card production ordered

05/11/2012 - Green card arrived

N-400

06/22/2012 - Mailed N-400 package to Phoenix/AZ Lockbox

06/26/2012 - NOA date

06/28/2012 - Check cashed

06/29/2012 - NOA arrived in the mail

07/02/2012 - Biometrics appointment letter arrived in mail

07/19/2012 - Biometrics appointment

07/30/2012 - Received text +email. Application placed in line for interview

07/30/2012 - Received text +email in evening - interview letter sent

08/03/2012 - Received interview letter

09/19/2012 - Interview - passed interview/test!!

10/24/2012 - Oath Ceremony!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think we should not be worried so much about the time estimates bumping into December.

This is just a theory, but it seems that the estimates are generated by the people before us updating their timelines, to wit, they are based on the April/May peeps before us getting adjudicated in x days. During the beginning of July, when nothing was happening for June and July peeps, the estimated dates just kept rolling along based on the previously established average # of days that came earlier. We all know that there was very little activity in July, with either Apr/May/June approvals or our July NOA1's, right? So now that the June peeps are getting their NOA2's and updating their timelines, new averages are being generated and causing our estimated dates to extend outward a bit.

HOWEVER, we KNOW that there was a bubble. I am going to pretend to be optimistic and think that eventually things will catch up and we will all get adjudicated with our NOA2's BEFORE our estimated dates. So see? Those August and September peeps that come after us will probably see their estimated adjudication dates creep closer when we all get our NOA2's next month.

It's my story, and I'm sticking to it! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
It's a miserable wet and windy Sunday here in Auckland. Just checking in, reading around a bit...looking for anything to cheer myself up.

We have continued to move down Igor's list, but still no sign of a touch. I see my timeline has crept back into the end of November/December 02 range again, so no really good news there. I think I must be one of those who don't ever see a sign of a touch *sigh*

I'm in good company though ...I'd hate to be doing this all by myself. If it weren't for VJ...why I'd be talking to myself ..more than usual :D

Isn't it just HORRIBLE outside today in Auckland. The strong winds finally knocked my tv aerial off the roof and it came crashing down hitting against bedroom window this morning. Scared the heck out of me. Fortunately, didn't smash the window, but i had to get a knife and cut the wire from the aerial as it was dangling in mid air LOL! :rolleyes:

Anyways, I was just wondering about marriage licence in USA. I read that you have to get a licence a month before you get married. Do you have to both be there in person to apply for it or can your USC fiance do it by himself? Or is it all done by mail? Do you have to show birth certificates etc the day you get married or when you apply for marriage licence? I realise it may differ for different states. I will be living in California. I'm just a bit confused about the process. I was hoping we could get married pretty much straight away but won't be able to, if you have to wait a month for the licence. :unsure:

Um, you don't need a license a month in advance. I married my ex in Napa, CA and we got our license the same day... No idea where you got that month number. :o

Edit: And no :no: , we didn't need birth certificates. He needed the date of his 1st divorce, and ofc we needed ID. Don't remember about SSN. It's a day I'd like to forget. :P

Edited by Aubrey

K-1 Timeline

05/14/08 Engaged on my last day while visiting Bremen

07/03 Mailed 129f package

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

01/19/09 Medical in Hamburg

03/24 Successful interview at Frankfurt

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

10/28 Biometrics completed; EAD card production ordered

11/07 EAD arrived

12/14 Successful AOS interview in Seattle

12/28/09 Greencard arrived

Um, you don't need a license a month in advance. I married my ex in Napa, CA and we got our license the same day... No idea where you got that month number. :o

Edit: And no :no: , we didn't need birth certificates. He needed the date of his 1st divorce, and ofc we needed ID. Don't remember about SSN. It's a day I'd like to forget. :P

Thanks for clearing that up!! :) it was a marriage laws site where i read about getting the licence a month before wedding. I feel better now that i know you don't have to do that :D

ROC

03/14/2012 - Phoned USCIS again. 30 days has passed. no news. Took details again.

N-400

06/26/2012 - NOA date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

well i hope some progress is made real sone for us july filers. i hate being left in the dark not knowing where i stand in this huge stack of packets. does anyone know if there were alot of filers in july compared to other months or do you think it was too busy so it will move a little faster?

any ways good luck to everyone waiting and i hope you could be with your loved one's ASAP

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Anyways, I was just wondering about marriage license in USA. I read that you have to get a license a month before you get married. Do you have to both be there in person to apply for it or can your USC fiancé do it by himself? Or is it all done by mail? Do you have to show birth certificates etc the day you get married or when you apply for marriage license? I realize it may differ for different states. I will be living in California. I'm just a bit confused about the process. I was hoping we could get married pretty much straight away but won't be able to, if you have to wait a month for the license.

OKAy I will help you will California marriage LOL

It is recommended that you call the California County or City Clerk's office to see if they suggest setting an appointment. You could find yourselves in a long line with as much as a 2 hour wait without an appointment in some California locales.

California requires a picture id such as Drivers License or other valid identification. Some counties recommend bringing certified copies of your birth certificates.

You do not have to be a resident of California to apply for a marriage license there.

Information you need to know before you start filling out the marriage license application:

Where each of your parents were born (city and state)

The names of your parents including your mother’s maiden name

Previous Marriages:

You must show proof of divorce, death or annulment. You need to bring a copy of your final divorce decree if you have divorced within the 90 days through past year (varies by county).

California Waiting Period:

There is no waiting period in California.

Fees:

It will cost you $45.00+ to get married in California. The cost of receiving a marriage license varies from county to county and some California counties will only accept cash ... so don't leave home without some cash!

Other Tests:

California doesn't require blood tests.

License is valid for 90 days.

LMAO. That so cheered me up, tried to tell Rob but was laughing way too much!

HEHE Dawn I am glad to be of service ROFL! HUGS to you and yours

Well all i pray as well we get this going to because I miss me man so much. We have been apart for 1 year 5 months. I see him on the web cam and wish I could just touch him once. I would give 10 years of my life to just to be with him again for 1 minute. I can't WAIT till he gets off the plane. I Really Pray we get the visa.

I get scared they will say *well HOW come YOU never seen her again after that or HOW come you did not have her come there to you..How come YOU send her money (he helps with bills)

As everyone knows I am 21 years older then him. We been together over 2 years now. Those 3 months with him here were the best in my life.

I get scared they will ask WHY the divorce was finally finalized while Kai was here. (my ex would NOT give me one and we were separated for over a year HE was and still is with my sons ex girlfriend..THE MOM OF OUR GRANDCHILD!!!)

I want them to understand we have been through HELL to be together and overcame so many obstacles. We have become so strong and he is one of the most amazing men I have ever met. I never have felt so blessed!

My children and sisters (even my son in law and future daughter in law ) are writing letters to the embassy telling them that they are in full support of our relationship. they offered and let me tell you, THEY never liked ANYONE I dated ROFL!!

Sorry about going on like this. I just miss him and it has been a LONG day. We lost a resident I love a few days ago where I work and I did not handle it to well. I been working my Honey OFF

I lost 71 lbs in almost 6 months JUST from working and sweating LOL I work in the laundry room and housekeeping so I am busy busy busy there. when I started I was 295 lbs. and now I am 224. I feel SO good. I am about 20 lbs smaller then when he was here and he just is in shock..Says he loves me no matter the size..BUT I do not want to be a huge bride. I want to be a HEALTHY one..chubby or NOT. LOL

ANYWAY enough of my babbling!!! I love you all my July sister and brothers. ((((GROUP HUG)))) It will be over soon and We will have our hunnys home SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love you all

Merilee and Kai

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

OKAy I will help you will California marriage LOL

It is recommended that you call the California County or City Clerk's office to see if they suggest setting an appointment. You could find yourselves in a long line with as much as a 2 hour wait without an appointment in some California locales.

California requires a picture id such as Drivers License or other valid identification. Some counties recommend bringing certified copies of your birth certificates.

You do not have to be a resident of California to apply for a marriage license there.

Information you need to know before you start filling out the marriage license application:

Where each of your parents were born (city and state)

The names of your parents including your mother's maiden name

Previous Marriages:

You must show proof of divorce, death or annulment. You need to bring a copy of your final divorce decree if you have divorced within the 90 days through past year (varies by county).

California Waiting Period:

There is no waiting period in California.

Fees:

It will cost you $45.00+ to get married in California. The cost of receiving a marriage license varies from county to county and some California counties will only accept cash ... so don't leave home without some cash!

Other Tests:

California doesn't require blood tests.

License is valid for 90 days.

Thanks Merilee for the information. That's great! now i have all that i need to know! :thumbs:

It has certainly been a LONG time since you and Kai have been in each others arms. (F)

i see that June filers are starting to get approved. we just have to stay busy and keep telling ourselves it will be SOON!!!! it will be SOON!! (L)

ROC

N-400

06/26/2012 - NOA date

Timeline

You are very welcome! I love hunting things down others need LOL...

I know I really miss just holding his hand:( SOOOOOOOOON!!! I been keeping busy and planning our wedding, working YOU name it and him to!

He sends hellos your way and lots of luck as well to you all!!

HUGS

Merilee and Kai

1000718m.th.jpg

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I have a question and I'm sure that it's stupid but I would like to be 100% sure.

Like I said before I went 3 times 3month each time to California to be with my fiancé.

Last time they told me that it would be better to not comeback without my K1 in hands to be sure to not be denied.

Next monday I'll leave France for 10 days for a girlfriends trip in Montreal.

Canada is not the USA but I know for exemple that after 90 days on a waiver, Canada and Mexico are considered like if you overstay.

Any problem for me to go to Montreal huh ?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Anyone ?

I don't know Canadian immigration, but days in the USA and Canada aren't the same thing. Not even remotely.

K-1 Timeline

05/14/08 Engaged on my last day while visiting Bremen

07/03 Mailed 129f package

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

01/19/09 Medical in Hamburg

03/24 Successful interview at Frankfurt

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

10/28 Biometrics completed; EAD card production ordered

11/07 EAD arrived

12/14 Successful AOS interview in Seattle

12/28/09 Greencard arrived

They are two different countries, so you wouldn't think that it would matter but at the end of the day it all comes down to the POE officer. All you can do is go on your trip as planned and hope that all will be ok. Best wishes! :star:

ROC

N-400

06/26/2012 - NOA date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

do you have to get letters from family members and/or friends to send to the embassy?

Its almost november folks...counting down the days....

November 5, 2008: NOA2 - APPROVEDDDDDD!!!

Interview: 2009-3-23 APPROVED!!!

Recieve Visa: April 1, 2009

POE: April 3, 2009

Wedding in Niagara Falls: April 15, 2009

AOS/EAD/AD

Sent priority mail: May 27, 2009

IS IT OVER YET?!?![/color]

"You can survive the unimaginable"

glitterfy-flpbk11203916556034.gif

Timeline
Anyone ?

I agree with the others. They are two different countries BUT to be on the safe side maybe grab a letter from your boss on WHEN you are expected back from your job on a company letter head envelope. I would also get an electric bill maybe or something to shows the addy and that you live there.

1000718m.th.jpg

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

Moring everyone, a brand new week lets hope VSC staff had a good w/e and are raring to get back to work ;)

Just a quick query, I'm getting everything together for the packet 3 so I can send it off ASAP, what original documents do I need from USC fiancee?

many thanks and fingers crossed for a productive week!!

Nick

K1 129 days to approval

K1 179 days to interview

EAD 45 days to approval

AP 45 days to approval

AOS 69 days to approval

30676823812870142081311.th.jpg 29163923186364479831311.th.jpg 24342521234856493351311.th.jpg 28087022132678138331311.th.jpg

Nick and I in Sept '11, 2 pics of Ryan - 2 yrs old - handsome as EVER!, and one of the whole family (including Shan's mom) at Becca's 16th birthday dinner.

tND8m4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.