5,491 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
Ya I have my award letter and I am also getting an amount I am being paid PLUS my pay check stubs

letter from boss ( my w-2 or tax transcripts SUCK because i barely worked BUT that is okay...doc just released me last year)

THEN my son will co-sponser JUST to be on the safe side.

I am hoping that my age difference will not be a factor and the fact that i got divorced WHILE kai was here (fought for over a year to get it done THEN the s-o-b signs then WHEN kai was here...JERK)

I am also taking screen shots of all the calls i made to kai and he will to on his end from yahoo messenger.

I have a LIST ROFL

I just want to be PREPARED!!!

I guess that I'm weird on this part. I'm not very concerned about proving the ongoing relationship, mostly since Andreas was here for so long. He's got a few pictures from when he was here, he'll have a couple cards I mailed, and that's probably it. I won't be there to make it all organized for him, and I can't afford to mail more weight of paper than I have to. Actually, I'm going to have to FedEx the documents needed, because we've had a problem with mail getting lost between here and there 3 times now.

I feel so grumpy this week. I get an hour or two, with multiple interruptions, with Andy on most days, and it's just so inadequate to fill the void. I can't seem to settle back in to our old routine since his visit. I miss doing other things together besides sit at the damned computer. It's like going backwards in our relationship, and even worse since we've got less time with our current schedules than ever. And then I have my mother calling me all the time asking if he's had any luck with job hunting, saying we should wait till May to bring him here so we both find work, etc. As if I'm not already grumpy missing Andy and worrying about our finances, she adds to the weight of it all. I hate hearing it from her even more when I know that they have money coming out of their ears.

I keep hoping to get some good news. Andy needs a job. I need to see an NOA2. Or money to fall from the sky. Or somehow I invent a teleporter. :P

Another week comes. One foot in front of the other.

You should try sending your fiance a letter a week. That is what I am trying to do of course though it has been awhile since I have sent him another one. But I save our conversations we have on AIM that way that proves that we have beeng talking to eachother on a regular basis. Im afraid to that I am not doing something right or that I am missing something I guess we can just hope for the best.

I can see your frustrations with everything. I think that we are all having them. I only get to talk to my fiance if im lucky three times a week for 30 minutes at a time and sometimes 60. It just never seems enough for me. We went from talking every day and seeing eachother often to this. It is very hard. For a few weeks i was getting very frustrated and felt myself pulling away because it just isnt good enough not being able to talk to him or see him. But I got my ### back on track and just keep telling myself that him coming home is just around the corner. It sucks because all of these other stressors in my life are not helping the situation any. Not having him here for me while Im going through some pretty rough times is the hardest thing I have ever had to do.

Keep you head up and hopefully we will be hearing something soon!!!

Just remember the big picture.

November 5, 2008: NOA2 - APPROVEDDDDDD!!!

Interview: 2009-3-23 APPROVED!!!

Recieve Visa: April 1, 2009

POE: April 3, 2009

Wedding in Niagara Falls: April 15, 2009

AOS/EAD/AD

Sent priority mail: May 27, 2009

IS IT OVER YET?!?![/color]

"You can survive the unimaginable"

glitterfy-flpbk11203916556034.gif

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F**k ! Day number 75 since NOA1 and nothing, no touch nothing... I will have to go back to France next sunday and I don't know when I will be able to comeback cuz' of this f**king visa K1. I'm depressed !!! Maybe I will get lucky and get it in 3 month huh ? Tell me it is possible !!!!

Love

we been waiting over 130 days and still no nothing mad i know but still hoping for this month

The system is what's mad. Mad as.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
F**k ! Day number 75 since NOA1 and nothing, no touch nothing... I will have to go back to France next sunday and I don't know when I will be able to comeback cuz' of this f**king visa K1. I'm depressed !!! Maybe I will get lucky and get it in 3 month huh ? Tell me it is possible !!!!

Love

Touches mean nothing. The only update that matters is when the petition is approved. Most probably we will start getting ours at the end of November. I wish it would be earlier than that, but it seems unlikely. Tough, but there is nothing any of us can do to speed up the process... :angry:

Love

Touches mean nothing. The only update that matters is when the petition is approved. Most probably we will start getting ours at the end of November. I wish it would be earlier than that, but it seems unlikely. Tough, but there is nothing any of us can do to speed up the process... :angry:

Perhaps not... but I'd be happy to see the date change even the once just to give me the idea that someone's looked at the petition, and it isn't propping open a door, or mouldering on a shelf.

I would really like the entire process to be more transparent.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

So I don't understand who are the people that are getting approved on the processing times page on VJ? I'm a July filer and haven't heard a thing since July and people with other K3 from who filed in mid-August have their NOA2 according to the processing times.

#######?

Sheep: Baa-ram-ewe, baa-ram-ewe. To your breed, your fleece, your clan be true. Sheep be true. Baa-ram-ewe.

So I don't understand who are the people that are getting approved on the processing times page on VJ? I'm a July filer and haven't heard a thing since July and people with other K3 from who filed in mid-August have their NOA2 according to the processing times.

#######?

I know.. and it drives me nuts to see people who didn't even MEET until after we filed getting K1's approved. :o

It's beats me how that happens.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Love

You wont see a touch that soon..for California it takes 4 to 5 months according to Igor's list AND fellow Vjers from the past.

Patience is the key

Based on time line data, your I129f may be adjudicated between December 8, 2008 and December 16, 2008*.

So MAYBE you will see it in November. You are a little after me when you filed.

I know it gets fustrating..but be happy YOU get to see your sweetie.

I have not been able to afford and nor has Kai to see each other for 1 year 5 months. If it was not for web cams and voice chat we would go INSANE.

A flight from Australia to here is close to 3 k for a round trip. SO this is not feasible at all for a visit. SO be happy and feel lucky YOU got to see your sweetie...I get jealous sometimes because I hear people get to visit their loved one..BUT then I think how lucky you all must be to be able to afford a trip or even ONE trip for a short visit.

IT WILL BE OKAY...the time will go by super fast..I stopped checking everyday on Igor's list AND the Uscis website until about Nov Th to the Th OR WHEN i see a CSC member from July get the first noa2...otherwise I will go insane and cry a lot.

keep busy sweetie..it will be over with soon and then no more of this waiting and wishing to be back in your sweeties arms:(:(

HURRY JULY FILERS HURRY..come on CSC!!!! I want us ALL to be happy..no RFEs..JUST a quick visa so we can not worry and miss someone:(

BIG HUGS!!!!

Meri

#######?

I know.. and it drives me nuts to see people who didn't even MEET until after we filed getting K1's approved. :o

I do agree with you...It kinda makes me not only fustrated but angry at it all.

I see Folks getting it like you said and I am thinking ####### as well...

It makes me wonder what they are drinking or smoking sometimes! :wacko::blink:

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

Love

You wont see a touch that soon..for California it takes 4 to 5 months according to Igor's list AND fellow Vjers from the past.

Patience is the key

Based on time line data, your I129f may be adjudicated between December 8, 2008 and December 16, 2008*.

So MAYBE you will see it in November. You are a little after me when you filed.

I know it gets fustrating..but be happy YOU get to see your sweetie.

I have not been able to afford and nor has Kai to see each other for 1 year 5 months. If it was not for web cams and voice chat we would go INSANE.

A flight from Australia to here is close to 3 k for a round trip. SO this is not feasible at all for a visit. SO be happy and feel lucky YOU got to see your sweetie...I get jealous sometimes because I hear people get to visit their loved one..BUT then I think how lucky you all must be to be able to afford a trip or even ONE trip for a short visit.

IT WILL BE OKAY...the time will go by super fast..I stopped checking everyday on Igor's list AND the Uscis website until about Nov Th to the Th OR WHEN i see a CSC member from July get the first noa2...otherwise I will go insane and cry a lot.

keep busy sweetie..it will be over with soon and then no more of this waiting and wishing to be back in your sweeties arms:(:(

HURRY JULY FILERS HURRY..come on CSC!!!! I want us ALL to be happy..no RFEs..JUST a quick visa so we can not worry and miss someone:(

BIG HUGS!!!!

Meri

#######?

I do agree with you...It kinda makes me not only fustrated but angry at it all.

I see Folks getting it like you said and I am thinking ####### as well...

It makes me wonder what they are drinking or smoking sometimes! :wacko::blink:

I wonder that too. I mean really...these folks met in mid July in person for the first time, and then only for eight days. Filed in September and approved in 45 days. :wacko:

How is that possible given the assurance that they take cases in order, first in first out?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I was checking last july 2007 and noticed people were getting there NOA2s between Nov AND dec

those who recieved their noa1s between the 1st and the 13th..recieved them in nov and the others the END of nov to the middle of december

Just an FYI...remember all..the noa2 is the longest part of the visa..and they recieve thousands of them. We are only a small number of what they recieve..so be patient and lets all cheer each other on!!

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

I was checking last july 2007 and noticed people were getting there NOA2s between Nov AND dec

those who recieved their noa1s between the 1st and the 13th..recieved them in nov and the others the END of nov to the middle of december

Just an FYI...remember all..the noa2 is the longest part of the visa..and they recieve thousands of them. We are only a small number of what they recieve..so be patient and lets all cheer each other on!!

In January they were coming out of VSC in six weeks.

They have taken people out of the Vermont Visa center to work on Citizenship petitions before the election in November and don't expect to be back to full strength staff wise until the middle of November.

Yes I am impatient. I am annoyed with the system. I find myself quite unable to conjur up a cheerful outlook in the face of this.

So far this week neither center has issued a single noa2, the last being issued on the 10th, and even though yes, I am aware not everyone with a petition is a member here, you think you would see one approval.

We are an older couple than many of you, 55 and 58 respectively, and I resent like the very devil that some unaccountable faceless governmental pack of bureaucrats are in a position to make decisions that will effect the rest of our lives.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
You should try sending your fiance a letter a week. That is what I am trying to do of course though it has been awhile since I have sent him another one. But I save our conversations we have on AIM that way that proves that we have beeng talking to eachother on a regular basis. Im afraid to that I am not doing something right or that I am missing something I guess we can just hope for the best.

I can see your frustrations with everything. I think that we are all having them. I only get to talk to my fiance if im lucky three times a week for 30 minutes at a time and sometimes 60. It just never seems enough for me. We went from talking every day and seeing eachother often to this. It is very hard. For a few weeks i was getting very frustrated and felt myself pulling away because it just isnt good enough not being able to talk to him or see him. But I got my ### back on track and just keep telling myself that him coming home is just around the corner. It sucks because all of these other stressors in my life are not helping the situation any. Not having him here for me while Im going through some pretty rough times is the hardest thing I have ever had to do.

Keep you head up and hopefully we will be hearing something soon!!!

Just remember the big picture.

A letter a week? Going to the post office for that all the time would drive me nuts. Either that or spend $19 on a pack of international stamps, and frankly I'd rather save that money for my gloomy financial situation ahead. I really don't see the consulate denying us because of lack of evidence. Three trips this year, some pictures, and a couple cards should be plenty! Germany isn't exactly a high-risk fraud country. But if it just makes you feel better, then all the better for you to keep sending those letters.

They have taken people out of the Vermont Visa center to work on Citizenship petitions before the election in November and don't expect to be back to full strength staff wise until the middle of November.

Yes I am impatient. I am annoyed with the system. I find myself quite unable to conjur up a cheerful outlook in the face of this.

So far this week neither center has issued a single noa2, the last being issued on the 10th, and even though yes, I am aware not everyone with a petition is a member here, you think you would see one approval.

We are an older couple than many of you, 55 and 58 respectively, and I resent like the very devil that some unaccountable faceless governmental pack of bureaucrats are in a position to make decisions that will effect the rest of our lives.

There are plenty of broken things in the American bureaucracy, and unfortunately immigration may be at the top of the list. Many of us are pissed off about it, and I share your anger and frustration on a daily basis. I don't think that age really divides us on this issue. I think we're all rightfully upset to be separated from our loved ones.

The only thing I can say for your case is that Vermont tends to approve cases significantly faster than CSC, so you could easily see an approval very soon. I know with the holidays coming up that may be not be too comforting, but I hope it helps a little to know your waiting time should be ending soon. I hope for all of us we see our approvals sooner than our VJ estimates. Until then, we're all here to lend you support during this waiting. Hang in there.

K-1 Timeline

05/14/08 Engaged on my last day while visiting Bremen

07/03 Mailed 129f package

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

01/19/09 Medical in Hamburg

03/24 Successful interview at Frankfurt

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

10/28 Biometrics completed; EAD card production ordered

11/07 EAD arrived

12/14 Successful AOS interview in Seattle

12/28/09 Greencard arrived

There are plenty of broken things in the American bureaucracy, and unfortunately immigration may be at the top of the list. Many of us are pissed off about it, and I share your anger and frustration on a daily basis. I don't think that age really divides us on this issue. I think we're all rightfully upset to be separated from our loved ones.

The only thing I can say for your case is that Vermont tends to approve cases significantly faster than CSC, so you could easily see an approval very soon. I know with the holidays coming up that may be not be too comforting, but I hope it helps a little to know your waiting time should be ending soon. I hope for all of us we see our approvals sooner than our VJ estimates. Until then, we're all here to lend you support during this waiting. Hang in there.

Thanks for that...I think the wait and lack of communication on their end is starting to wear a bit thin.

*sigh* Vermont has been as slow as anywhere now. I always thought I was a patient person, but this process would try the patience of a saint. :yes:

Filed: Timeline

Wow, what a bunch of babies. I have never seen a group of "grown ups" who feel they have a right to citizenship in another country complain about that country so much. I've been waiting a long time for my K-1 too and I come to VJ to gain insight into the process and have learned a great deal from those who have been through this and can answer questions. But this thread has degenerated into nothing more than complaining about how terrible the USA is for placing a premium on citizenship in that country. Let me ask you. Once you get to the USA and begin enjoying all the benefits of citizenship there, do you want the USA to hand out visas like candy? Grow up people! Your prospective citizenship in the US is a privilege - it is NOT a right!

Believe it or not, there is a rational justification for the US to make this a little more than a walk in the park. You guys are complaining about 75 days and no touch!! Are you kidding me? The six to eight months that it takes to gain citizenship in the greatest country on earth is a blink of an eye. Stop complaining that your instant gratification appetites aren't being satisfied over night and start appreciating the fact that you have a chance to live in the USA. Personally, I can't wait to get to the US and I miss my fiance very much. But I know I am going to be there soon. But before I get there, I refuse to have a negative attitude about my new homeland. Chill out people! It's 3 more months! You'll survive, trust me.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Wow, what a bunch of babies. I have never seen a group of "grown ups" who feel they have a right to citizenship in another country complain about that country so much. I've been waiting a long time for my K-1 too and I come to VJ to gain insight into the process and have learned a great deal from those who have been through this and can answer questions. But this thread has degenerated into nothing more than complaining about how terrible the USA is for placing a premium on citizenship in that country. Let me ask you. Once you get to the USA and begin enjoying all the benefits of citizenship there, do you want the USA to hand out visas like candy? Grow up people! Your prospective citizenship in the US is a privilege - it is NOT a right!

Believe it or not, there is a rational justification for the US to make this a little more than a walk in the park. You guys are complaining about 75 days and no touch!! Are you kidding me? The six to eight months that it takes to gain citizenship in the greatest country on earth is a blink of an eye. Stop complaining that your instant gratification appetites aren't being satisfied over night and start appreciating the fact that you have a chance to live in the USA. Personally, I can't wait to get to the US and I miss my fiance very much. But I know I am going to be there soon. But before I get there, I refuse to have a negative attitude about my new homeland. Chill out people! It's 3 more months! You'll survive, trust me.

Sorry but what you say is ridiculous... We are sad to not be with our loves. US greecard is not the f**king Holy Grail ! It takes times to do some research on people, I agree, but not 4 months ! And if they need time at least they should let the non US citizen visiting the US to be with his/her man/woman WHENEVER she/he wants. I'm french and my country is WAY better than the US, better health cover, better salary, better government help etc... I only want to move to the US to be with my man. So stop to think that US citizenship is something fantastic. All my friends here (in the US) included my fiancé are american, like REAL americans, super patriot and all that sh*t but all of them WITHOUT exception think that the US immigration f**king sucks !

So you should grow up by respecting what people think, we are here on this forum to help each other during this process. If you want to say bad things just go away we won't cry for you. Sorry but I'm tired of those people who give lesson to other ones.

You said : " The six to eight months that it takes to gain citizenship in the greatest country on earth is a blink of an eye"

ARE YOU KIDDING ME, did you ever traveled during your life and saw other countries ? If you think that the US is the best country I'm sure you didn't or you are blind, or maybe stupid ? I just read your post with my fiancé who is a citizen of your favorite country, He laughed and said "what a doosh", and it is what I think too !

Go to play in your fabulous country babyboy, we don't need you here !

And for the other VJs, I love you and I hope that we will have our visas fast to be with our loves, be strong ! Hope that immigration will move its ### !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

First of all, this is MY country, and one of the things I appreciate about it is my FREEDOM OF SPEECH. I can say what I wish about my country, and I think I have every right to complain about a broken system.

Second, nobody invited you here to pick on people. We're all here to support each other through a long wait. If you don't like what is being said here, exercise your own right to BUTT OUT.

Third, you should spend more time reading up about this process. K1 has nothing to do with US citizenship. And the long waits have nothing to do with making the process better in any way, shape, or form. The long wait between NOA1 and 2 (approval) is primarily because USCIS doesn't have enough manpower for the job. So, I'm rightfully angry that I'm waiting around while my file is sitting in storage. Don't dare to judge me or my friends here in this thread when you haven't even educated yourself as to what this process is, or bothered to fill in a timeline, or even to read the MANY POSITIVE POSTS IN THIS THREAD.

Finally, if you decide to contribute to this thread, please be respectful of everyone and don't jump to conclusions. We're a supportive group, and everyone has difficult times during our long wait. Some people have been apart a very long time, and it hurts. Be kind, or please don't bother posting here.

K-1 Timeline

05/14/08 Engaged on my last day while visiting Bremen

07/03 Mailed 129f package

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

01/19/09 Medical in Hamburg

03/24 Successful interview at Frankfurt

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

10/28 Biometrics completed; EAD card production ordered

11/07 EAD arrived

12/14 Successful AOS interview in Seattle

12/28/09 Greencard arrived

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.